Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Realms-only convention?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  23:55:17  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has there ever been a Realms-only gaming convention?

Question popped into my head while reading about the Conpocalypse: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2842-Is-the-Conpocalypse-Nigh#.Vdj7HkpHaK1

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2015 :  04:02:22  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There should be!

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2015 :  04:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd go. I'd buy a ticket every year, even if I couldn't afford to travel there, just to do my part to keep the thing going financially.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2015 :  06:29:03  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd never heard of a gaming convention that focused only on the Realms. The last Con I went to was in 2007.

Tell you what: if I won the lottery, I'd be up for financing something like this. (A guy can dream, right?)

So, if money was no option in terms of producing a multi-day Realms convention, what would you guys want to see?

I would want an event that was three days long.

I'd hire Renaissance Faire veterans to walk around each day in the convention hall, dressed in period clothing for a given city or nation during the era described in the Grey Box: Bezantur on day 1; Cormyr on day 2; Waterdeep on day 3.

If the Realms movie was being filmed concurrently, I'd try to convince the producers to lend clothes from their wardrobe department and set pieces.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2015 :  15:45:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the idea, but I'm not sure the fan base is big enough to support a full-on convention... GenCon is a pretty big deal, as far as conventions go, and there was only 100-something of us at the CKeep gathering. Sure, not all fans of the Realms are on these boards, but given those numbers, it doesn't make me hopeful for a convention with such a singular focus.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  06:11:25  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never fear, Wooly. We're In no danger of causing a Realms convention by accident with this discussion.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 24 Aug 2015 06:20:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000