Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Realms-only convention?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 22 Aug 2015 : 23:55:17
Has there ever been a Realms-only gaming convention?

Question popped into my head while reading about the Conpocalypse: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2842-Is-the-Conpocalypse-Nigh#.Vdj7HkpHaK1
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 24 Aug 2015 : 06:11:25
Never fear, Wooly. We're In no danger of causing a Realms convention by accident with this discussion.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Aug 2015 : 15:45:03
I like the idea, but I'm not sure the fan base is big enough to support a full-on convention... GenCon is a pretty big deal, as far as conventions go, and there was only 100-something of us at the CKeep gathering. Sure, not all fans of the Realms are on these boards, but given those numbers, it doesn't make me hopeful for a convention with such a singular focus.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 23 Aug 2015 : 06:29:03
I'd never heard of a gaming convention that focused only on the Realms. The last Con I went to was in 2007.

Tell you what: if I won the lottery, I'd be up for financing something like this. (A guy can dream, right?)

So, if money was no option in terms of producing a multi-day Realms convention, what would you guys want to see?

I would want an event that was three days long.

I'd hire Renaissance Faire veterans to walk around each day in the convention hall, dressed in period clothing for a given city or nation during the era described in the Grey Box: Bezantur on day 1; Cormyr on day 2; Waterdeep on day 3.

If the Realms movie was being filmed concurrently, I'd try to convince the producers to lend clothes from their wardrobe department and set pieces.
Delwa Posted - 23 Aug 2015 : 04:38:17
I'd go. I'd buy a ticket every year, even if I couldn't afford to travel there, just to do my part to keep the thing going financially.
BEAST Posted - 23 Aug 2015 : 04:02:22
There should be!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000