Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 half-dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2015 :  16:38:43  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
had a question regarding half-dragons do all of them have the two horn thing going with them despite what the dragon parent was because everything i've seen so far is showing two horns on these critters or facial frills and this and that I wanted to make this an extremely difficult birthing experience for a female character that is being run right now but good god i don't want it to rip her apart on the way out I accidently posted this in the wrong forum area so if the admins find it in the novels section i apologize.

May the light of Eilistraee burn bright in the face of evil...bastard swords high.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2015 :  16:55:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say two things:

1) It depends on what version of half-dragons you like best. They've changed from edition to edition, and there are frequent inconsistencies even within editions.

2) Even if they all do have two horns, they're most likely not born with them. They likely have tiny little nubs, at most, which grow progressively longer as they age -- at least to a certain point.

Remember, deer don't come out with full antlers and elephants don't come out with full-length tusks.

I would say the same thing for tieflings, again regardless of religion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Jul 2015 16:56:18
Go to Top of Page

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2015 :  17:16:53  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the child is half-drow and half-blue dragon and will be a blend of both parents in a unique ways wings, tail, but yea the horns on top of the head freaked me out she is still going to have a difficult birth as far as i know blue dragons only have this one horn on their head and then dozens of smaller ones toward the back of its head. But it looked like no matter which image I pulled up for half-dragon all these kids had two horns on their heads it was very confusing i'm currently using 5e rules but I don't have the monster manual. I'm using the old books and yea I sit there like uhmmm how do you figure this out.

May the light of Eilistraee burn bright in the face of evil...bastard swords high.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2015 :  19:59:53  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'd say that a half-blue dragon wouldn't have horns on top of their head. Like you said, blue dragons only have the one horn on the end of their snout. Why then would their halfbreed offspring suddenly grow two more in a completely different place?

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2015 :  21:06:14  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my thoughts exactly i've seen red skinned, gold skined, blue skinned half dragons and all the darn things had two horns on their heads absolutely ridiculous lol

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2015 :  02:21:47  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Appearance can be flavored however you want it to be. Big horns, 1 horn, dual swept-back horns, for head ridges like horns, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  00:21:33  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember Myshik Morueme being described with horns, but I'm not going to read those books again now, just to find out.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000