Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Archmage ARC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2015 :  01:42:49  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For those of you who are Netgalley reviewers, possibly edelweiss as well, Archmage has just become available for review. I know there is at least one other R.A.Salvatore fan around here who would like to get hands on this book. I'll be reading it shortly and have a review, non spoiler, for you guys as soon as I can.

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
823 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  21:32:59  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Already on it :)
Go to Top of Page

fish321
Acolyte

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2015 :  02:00:00  Show Profile Send fish321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 66% of the way through and as of a couple of percent ago I'm pacing in anxiety. Good book all through and typical of R.A. Salvatore's books lately there is a focus on the larger world as opposed to it simply being Drizzt ' s story. There has been a lot of Menzoberanzan and some of the abyss while the majority of the POV has been from other characters. It reminds me a lot of Ed Greenwood's books where Elminster is there but not the central focus. I'll go into it all a bit more, without ruining it for anyone, when I'm finished but I needed a moment to compose myself after a surprising scene and thought I'd check in. I hope there are a few more of you able to enjoy this right now and for those of you still waiting I'll say it's worth it. So far so good
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2015 :  16:37:01  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Netgalley request was declined.

Edited by - BenN on 25 Jun 2015 16:37:25
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2015 :  13:54:41  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

My Netgalley request was declined.

-pats- Mine too.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2015 :  14:30:29  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Commiserations! It would be good to know why I was declined; I was accepted for five previous titles (including two by RA Salvatore), and I've posted reviews online for all, and bought all subsequently.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2015 :  21:47:38  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious to see what they would say to a superfan like me.

"No! No Drizzt for you! Get out of my Netgalley!"

Regardless, I'm too busy and too slow of a reader to commit to reading and reviewing a big quota of new books, anyway.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000