Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Am scared about the written future for this
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  05:50:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This discussion has really gone astray from its original topic. I should like to see it go back in its original direction.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  18:00:37  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eltheron

quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

Wow, this thread was taken in a dark direction.

Perhaps we should ask the novelists for stories that focus less on Shar, Cyric, Gruumsh, and world-ending murky plots.

I highly doubt we've seen the last of cataclysmic and gritty storylines, though.

I agree with Wooly, this has gotten way off topic. But I'm sure there would be a lively debate if you wanted to start a new thread on this topic.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  18:23:09  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a discussion that's already been had.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  19:45:16  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

To be fair, for about 4 years now there haven't really been any discussions that have been actually new.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  00:47:24  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really need to reread the book, I didn't even realize they had slept together, I did notice they were romantically involved.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  03:38:08  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

To be fair, for about 4 years now there haven't really been any discussions that have been actually new.

That shouldn't stop you from making posts. If you feel the need to debate a subject then make a thread for it. But you can't hijack a thread for your soapbox.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  06:43:13  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

This discussion has really gone astray from its original topic. I should like to see it go back in its original direction.

Just shut this poop down, tired of my own thread already. Got hijacked by a moron that had nothing to do with my topic at all. Talking about going against my will.

Mod edit: Language, please.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Feb 2015 13:01:44
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  07:53:47  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Just shut this poop down, tired of my own thread already. Got hijacked by a moron that had nothing to do with my topic at all. Talking about going against my will.

LOL seriously? Aren't you the person who directly asked for additional clarification on the tangent in your own thread? Yeah, you were.

Mod edit: Made same modification to remove profanity from quoted part.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Feb 2015 13:06:07
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  13:04:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll agree that this thread has gone off-topic, but that is no reason for direct personal attacks like that, which are explicitly forbidden in the Code of Conduct.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Feb 2015 13:05:21
Go to Top of Page

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  17:03:43  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was written in the 2. ed AD&D Underdark book ghaunadaur lost most position and almost vanished due to turning most of his followers, slimes and jellies, into unthinking Creatures. That could mean to some degree 2. ed used same rule as 3. and 3.5 , just not 100%
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2015 :  03:55:56  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Depending on the topic, there are some relatively fresh discussions, and depending on things that WotC has done.

I haven't read this Denning book (I am not a huge novel reader, being a game material enthusiast), but it sounds rather bizarre. Admittedly, giant god-involved plots are a bit stale for me, so I'm not sure I'd be inclined to read it to begin with.

- OMH

Edited by - Old Man Harpell on 21 Feb 2015 03:56:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000