Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Searching for a guild/group like Moonshadows
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

melodichand
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  18:49:00  Show Profile Send melodichand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Moon Shadows were the protectors of Comanthor's wilderness and cities(That is how I understand it anyway)

But, from what I understand: After the fall of Myth Drannor and most people fled the forest, the Moonshadows either disbanded or dissapeared.

Is there something in the lore that has another group of (Mostly) elven protectors like the moonshadows? Where are they? Who are their enemies?

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  16:58:43  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean, like e.g. an adventuring company became fans of those legends and proclaimed themselves "knights" of Myth Drannor - that sort of thing?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  19:36:07  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a group of elves who patrol the woods of Deepingdale, based in a hollowed-out tree at Moonrise Hill which serves as a temple to Solonor, who follow the traditions of the Moonshadows.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  22:05:46  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melodichand

Moon Shadows were the protectors of Comanthor's wilderness and cities(That is how I understand it anyway)

But, from what I understand: After the fall of Myth Drannor and most people fled the forest, the Moonshadows either disbanded or dissapeared.

Is there something in the lore that has another group of (Mostly) elven protectors like the moonshadows? Where are they? Who are their enemies?

Speaking very generally, because I'm not aware of any official sources that speak to your question of the Moonshadows, nothing specific seems to have happened to cause their disappearance.

That said, after Myth Drannor fell, the elves began their gradual "Retreat" from not only Semberholme but most of the forests of Cormanthyr. It's very likely that the Moonshadow defense force went with their people in the Retreat, which seems to have been mostly completed by 1344-1345 DR. AFAIK, there's nothing that suggests the Moonshadows were wiped out, so they probably continued their defense during the Retreat until they finally left for Evermeet.

Similarly, with the restoration of Myth Drannor and the return of the elves to their old forest lands, I don't see any reason why the Moonshadows wouldn't come back to help defend their people. Many of the original Moonshadows who patrolled and knew those lands in the late 1300s would probably still be alive and might even be glad to return to their old lands in Semberholme.

They probably were even active fighting against the Netherese during the events of Ed's latest book.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Eltheron on 20 Feb 2015 22:07:34
Go to Top of Page

melodichand
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2015 :  00:21:46  Show Profile Send melodichand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Eltheron, for your reply. I had not considered that as an option since not seeing anything written about them since the retreat.

TBeholder, what I am asking for is group like the moonshadows; So I guess the answer to your question is yes. But, they can be based anywhere int he world, and preferably I would like for this group to be flexible on it's location or nomadic.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2015 :  01:12:50  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe TBeholder was merely being facetious and was pointing towards the Knights of Myth Drannor having taken up the mantle of the Moonshadows, so to speak.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000