Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fate of Eilistraee Dark elves Brian James?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2015 :  23:04:43  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you agree with what happened in LP (as far as the mortal's speculation on what happened), why confirm it?

I would far prefer uncertainty, rather than confirming the mortals' speculation and then having to live with a totally screwed up history for the goddess when/if she returns.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2015 :  23:15:54  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eltheron

If you agree with what happened in LP (as far as the mortal's speculation on what happened), why confirm it?

I would far prefer uncertainty, rather than confirming the mortals' speculation and then having to live with a totally screwed up history for the goddess when/if she returns.

Until some months ago I thought that Brian/Eric's lore was our last chance to see Eilistraee alive in the present FR. I also thought (and that's what I currently know) that the ''sacrifice'' stuff was kind of canon (the alternative would be Eilistraee going full retard and letting Qilué be killed by the sword, while taking a huge blow herself, probably not enough to die -because by canon deities can only be directly killed in their home realm- but still enough to be reduced in a powerless status), and Brian/Eric found a meaningful way to fix it.

Now I know that Ed has prepared something that will make Eilistraee alive in the current FR, and if it simply leaves LP behind (in a ''it has happened, now things are different'' fashion, like the Sundering is doing with other events), I'll be happier to be honest (unless Ed found a way make something awesome out of it, while restoring the two drow twins, which could totally happen with him) because those novels could be the best, coolest and most awesome books ever, but what happened in them only hurts Eilistraee/Vhaeraun and doesn't fit them (in fact they were explicitly commissioned to get rid of Eilistraee, the drow pantheon, and any good drow but Drizzt, so that he could be even more iconic...).

This however doesn't mean that I'm not interested in seeing what Brian and Eric came up with. It sounded like a valid way to fix LP (I mean, what that story brought to the Dark Seldarine is what it is...), restore Eilistraee and Vhaeraun and expand on Rhymathiin and the transformed elves. A this point it would be fanon anyway (and if the ''sacrifice'' interpretation of LP weren't canon -which I hope-, it wouldn't be confirmed) so why not reveal it?

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 14 Feb 2015 23:47:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000