Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Evernight
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  21:43:53  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has Evernight been mentioned before? In the 5e DMG, it is the reflection of Neverwinter in the Shadowfell.

Tarlyn Embersun

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  21:57:22  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not recall it, it strikes me a little of a taste of Amber and Rebma as a reflection. All things clearly possible in the Realms after all.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  22:15:00  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Google I conclude that Evernight was introduced in 4e. Looks like it's been mentioned in the Neverwinter campaign setting and the 4e Neverwinter crpg.

I'm guessing 4e fans will have more to say when they see this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  00:02:52  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

Has Evernight been mentioned before? In the 5e DMG, it is the reflection of Neverwinter in the Shadowfell.

Sorry for derailing this thread, but if you own the DMG, could you please let us know if it contains any news/hints about the post Sundering FR?

Thank you.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 30 Nov 2014 00:04:37
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  02:00:34  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan
Sorry for derailing this thread, but if you own the DMG, could you please let us know if it contains any news/hints about the post Sundering FR?

First of all, I have only read the first section of the DMG "Master of Worlds". It contains a lot of references to various campaign settings. The Realms receives more references than other settings, but nothing is all that specific to the post sundering realms. Cormyr and Waterdeep's currency are used as examples of how to make your own currency. Trade bars and their values are mentioned using examples from Baldur's Gate and Mirabar. The Harpers and Zhentarim are covered as example factions. However, the factions receive much better coverage in Rise of Tiamat. The Calendar Harptos is used as the example of how to create a fantasy calendar. I think that the Realms information would be useful to a new DM that only had the 5e material to work with. However, I don't think that a Realms veteran is going to benefit from any of the Realms specific information.

There are several neat additional mechanics that are useful for groups playing in the 5e rules set. When skimming the magic items, I noticed that moon blades are included. There are stats for the Eladrin which is a new elf subrace and the Aasmiar which is a new race(This section is spoiled on enworld, I did jump ahead to see the full Aasmiar write up). I haven't ran into anything that was new details for the 5e Realms.

Also, I find the section covering the planes to both be concise and inspiring. I think that it will become a section that I use frequently when I want info on planar stuff. The planar section may not be Realms specifc, but it is just enough lore to spark the imagination.

Tarlyn Embersun

Edited by - Tarlyn on 30 Nov 2014 02:02:15
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  03:48:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evernight was introduced in the 4E Neverwinter Campaign book, to my knowledge. I bought the book for the poster map, and largely ignore the Evening stuff, so I have no further knowledge.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  10:38:04  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

First of all, I have only read the first section of the DMG "Master of Worlds". It contains a lot of references to various campaign settings. The Realms receives more references than other settings, but nothing is all that specific to the post sundering realms. Cormyr and Waterdeep's currency are used as examples of how to make your own currency. Trade bars and their values are mentioned using examples from Baldur's Gate and Mirabar. The Harpers and Zhentarim are covered as example factions. However, the factions receive much better coverage in Rise of Tiamat. The Calendar Harptos is used as the example of how to create a fantasy calendar. I think that the Realms information would be useful to a new DM that only had the 5e material to work with. However, I don't think that a Realms veteran is going to benefit from any of the Realms specific information.

There are several neat additional mechanics that are useful for groups playing in the 5e rules set. When skimming the magic items, I noticed that moon blades are included. There are stats for the Eladrin which is a new elf subrace and the Aasmiar which is a new race(This section is spoiled on enworld, I did jump ahead to see the full Aasmiar write up). I haven't ran into anything that was new details for the 5e Realms.

Also, I find the section covering the planes to both be concise and inspiring. I think that it will become a section that I use frequently when I want info on planar stuff. The planar section may not be Realms specifc, but it is just enough lore to spark the imagination.

Thank you for the info Tarlyn.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  14:26:34  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information on the Neverwinter campaign setting. I am borrowing a copy from a friend and Evernight looks surprisingly detailed.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000