Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  10:37:35  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met!
I am no newcomer to the Realms and have visited these forums many times, but as a new member I felt it best to give my regards to the gracious hosts of these hallowed halls before I become lost in my own search of wisdom between the stacks and shelves.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Ssussunriyh
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  01:10:13  Show Profile  Visit Ssussunriyh's Homepage Send Ssussunriyh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Master Alaundo. I am Ssussunriyh, and I look forward to the exchange of legends and lore among us. However, I feel I should caution you at the outset: I tend to be headstrong, and my views occasionally unpopular. I sincerely hope that this forum is not limited only to those topics of discussion that are carefully calculated not to incite controversy. After all, if universal consensus is the goal, then there is nothing new to be learned.

Please note that I do not seek to deliberately offend anyone, but it offends me to have discourse deliberately suppressed for the sake of appeasement. This is what has happened at the WotC forum, and it is only adding fuel to the fires of outrage and animosity. In my not-so-humble opinion, it was a monumentally stupid decision to hand down such an arbitrary blanket ruling; the moderators there are now required to chastise anyone who even mentions the dreaded N-word. ("novel")

Edited by - Ssussunriyh on 11 Apr 2004 03:10:39
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  10:01:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ssussunriyh

Well met, Master Alaundo. I am Ssussunriyh, and I look forward to the exchange of legends and lore among us. However, I feel I should caution you at the outset: I tend to be headstrong, and my views occasionally unpopular. I sincerely hope that this forum is not limited only to those topics of discussion that are carefully calculated not to incite controversy. After all, if universal consensus is the goal, then there is nothing new to be learned.

Please note that I do not seek to deliberately offend anyone, but it offends me to have discourse deliberately suppressed for the sake of appeasement. This is what has happened at the WotC forum, and it is only adding fuel to the fires of outrage and animosity. In my not-so-humble opinion, it was a monumentally stupid decision to hand down such an arbitrary blanket ruling; the moderators there are now required to chastise anyone who even mentions the dreaded N-word. ("novel")

Well met, Ssussunriyh

"Novel"?! How darest thou utter such! Why, I oughta..... I jest, Ssussunriyh ::chuckle::

Welcome thee to Candlekeep, I indeed look forward to hearing of legend and lore of the Realms. Feel free to discuss novels herein, although 'ware thy tongue, there IS a line that should not be crossed

Enjoy your stay

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 11 Apr 2004 10:01:52
Go to Top of Page

Ssussunriyh
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  17:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Ssussunriyh's Homepage Send Ssussunriyh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be good.
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  20:12:29  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, everyone. I have been lurking on this board ever since WotC closed down their novel forum, and I lurked there for a long time. The possibility of interacting with FR novel authors and other FR fans has finally lured me out of the shadows. I am a treacherous backstabbing outlaw knight... but one who values knowledge and courteous words as well as his faithful poisoned sword.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  01:52:28  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tis always good to see another of knight of fallen origins around here. I Salute thee
Go to Top of Page

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  18:26:49  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

ive been a long time visitor but now thanks to alundo i have been able to join the community.

i have to say that the latest wotc move to shut down the novel boards even tough i never posted there but did browse through it.
was the push i needed to finally register here.

long time player, not so long time dm
currently my players are on the realms with an invasion
in their future ;)

SoulLord
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  08:52:35  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes... new forum member here.

I, too, have finally decided to come show my face over here due to censorship "issues" at the official WotC FR Boards...

Even though I have been a long-standing (about 5 years) WotC FR Boards member, and never received one warning there, I have come to experience at least three warnings in the last 3 months. All of them were in response to such comments as "RAS being friends with Lucas could open awesome doors for a potential Drizzt movie."

Oops, my first post here and I have used the controvertial "D" word... I shall desist immediately! :)

Hoping that my move here with the "big boys" be swift, smooth and seamless, I salute thee, fellow FR lovazzzs!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Israfel666
Acolyte

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  21:30:37  Show Profile  Visit Israfel666's Homepage Send Israfel666 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met, Scribes of Candlekeep!

As an avid hunter of Realmslore and a DM looking to feed his hungry online players lots of intriguing Faerûnian NPCs, mysteries and rewards, I have come to visit this bastion of knowledge and hopefully make it my abode.

Like several other would-be scribes, I hail from the Coast where Wizards dwell. Unlike them, though, I mean to keep my eyes fixed on both lands at once - I have not and never had any problem with censorship or anything, since novels are only a secondary cause of my interest in the Realms. Plus, the WotC board software is much user-friendlier than this old, dusty library

Well, enough talk for now. Off to share my (abysmal) wisdom, (incredibly stupid) wit and (almost completely wrong) knowledge in the other sections of this forum, I am!

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  20:22:08  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello loremaster and scribes and wizzes and other peeps of Candlekeep! I'm new to these forums, but not to the WotC ones - so I am hoping some folk'll recognise me (and that some folk won't).

So... Hi!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  21:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,Sarelle

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope you find our humble library enjoyable and find much Realmslore to keep you satisfied

Enjoy your stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  13:34:41  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*the doors to the citadel of candlekeep swing open revealing*

Hello all, I have at long last returned from my fantastic journey... none of you remember me do you... anyway im back... Havent visited the fantastic halls of candlekeep for about a year now I think and yet nothing has changed the slightest. Perfect! Maybe see a lot of new guests to the library while im around. So greetings to you all!

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  13:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightElf

*the doors to the citadel of candlekeep swing open revealing*

Hello all, I have at long last returned from my fantastic journey... none of you remember me do you... anyway im back... Havent visited the fantastic halls of candlekeep for about a year now I think and yet nothing has changed the slightest. Perfect! Maybe see a lot of new guests to the library while im around. So greetings to you all!

Well met

Indeed, you are remembered, NightElf. Welcome back. Just one thing, hast thou changed faces upon your return?!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  14:06:05  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies Alaundo changing profile and I forgot what I looked like

Back to me now

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2004 :  15:45:06  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met...

I've just signed up here at the forums and i was wondering... what's with the star/rating system everyone has? Is it linked to number of posts?

Knight of the Order of the Keen Eye - Granted by Ed Greenwood, 30th January 2005
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2004 :  21:16:12  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerath Hoan

Hail and well met...

I've just signed up here at the forums and i was wondering... what's with the star/rating system everyone has? Is it linked to number of posts?

Well yes they are. Don't know exactly what the requirments are for the different titles and so, but perhaps some one else can answer that for you.

and welcome to Candlkeep.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Sebastrd
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  02:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Sebastrd's Homepage Send Sebastrd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled upon Candlekeep. The wealth of information here is invaluable. My thanks to Alaundo and the scribes!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  14:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Sebastrd

Welcome ye to Candlekeep. Indeed, 'tis a haven for fellow scribes wishing to study Realmslore and learn more knowledge of our beloved land. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay within the library and look forward to reading of the stories gathered from your travels.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Gothmog
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  22:30:21  Show Profile  Visit Gothmog's Homepage Send Gothmog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found candlekeep when ý was searching the answer to a question which I have been thinking about for along time.
When I first entered the forums I realized that it was full of valuable infprmation.
So I thank to all the scribes and candlekeep staff.

Anar Caluva Tielyanna
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  22:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Gothmog.

As an aside, is your username from the computer game Dungeon Keeper ^Dungeon Master? I believe it is the name of the dark sorcerer from that game.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.

Edited by - Capn Charlie on 16 Jun 2004 11:28:11
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  22:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Gothmog!

You will find friendly people and sometimes a few intense discussion to join as well as a wealth of lore to share. Welcome to Candlekeep.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Gothmog
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  18:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Gothmog's Homepage Send Gothmog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Charlie

Well met, Gothmog.

As an aside, is your username from the computer game Dungeon Keeper ^Dungeon Master? I believe it is the name of the dark sorcerer from that game.

Nope.
It is from Silmarillion. A book by J.R.R.Tolkien

Anar Caluva Tielyanna
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  22:23:51  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thanks. No doubt they nicked it from there.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Windancer
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  03:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Windancer's Homepage Send Windancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!!! I am new here. I am honored to be here. I hope to be of service later on.

Windancer
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Windancer

Hi!!! I am new here. I am honored to be here. I hope to be of service later on.

Welcome Windancer! May your time here be well worth the effort. And you never can tell just when there may be a tidbit of Realmslore you can pop in to add. Enjoy your stay and if you have questions, please ask.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  10:53:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Windancer

'tis us who are honored. It is always a pleasure to welcome new Scribes and visitors to the library, for they bring more Realmslore from beyond these walls

I hope you enjoy your stay here at Candlekeep

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Windancer
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  20:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Windancer's Homepage Send Windancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you for inviting me to this forum. I am honored to be here and I hope to stay.

Windancer
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  05:19:17  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you all,

I must say that Windancer is a lovely name.
I've been around here for a little while but thought I'd just swing past this board and say a warm hello to all FR devotees out there.
I've really enjoyed RPing over at the Inn so far, there are a great bunch of the most interesting characters getting into all sorts of mischief over there and it's been quite amusing so far.

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

rowwhenn
Acolyte

France
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  13:03:34  Show Profile  Visit rowwhenn's Homepage Send rowwhenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well meet travelers ...

So far on my country (coming from France) but finally , isn't the power of the web ?

A great forum i read so many times , a great forum now i wish i'll be able to give some things ...

"à la prochaine croisée des épées"like we said in french language ...

Thanks to all who permit so many meeting ...
/bow
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  13:21:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you, rowwhenn .

Unfortunately I do not carry a sword, but I have my most trusted Staff of the Sage. Will that be alright?

In any event, welcome to Candlekeep . Please partake of the myriad scrolls, and open your mind to the infinite possibilities that come with adventuring in a world like the Realms.

I hope that all your learning here will be free and unfettered...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Jul 2004 13:22:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000