Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Where do we live? - Put yourself on the map.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  21:14:10  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Those interested in knowing where us various scribes live, might want to go have a look at this, and if plenty enough people does so, we'll soon have the answer.

To those wanting to know where they're going before clicking - it's a sort of map where you can fill in your place of residence, and 1,2,3 appear on said map. I joined about a week ago, and no spam so far.

Edit: Link doesn't work any more, so I removed it.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 27 Dec 2012 23:36:51

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  21:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on-someone besides the two of us join up!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  21:40:59  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with you both . . .
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  21:51:11  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm there.

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  21:54:03  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  22:36:34  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eeexcelent Keep coming in.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  22:44:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kajahase, don't forget, after this week if this thread slows down, you might want to bump it just to make sure anyone here in the states that was away from their computers while travelling for Thanksgiving gets a chance to list themselves as well . . . we all know our dear furry friend is incommunicado for a bit . . .
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  23:20:12  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes - and I still don't understand why it's the Americans who celebrate that a bunch of religious fanatics left Europe

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  23:24:25  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that's it - no Turkey legs for you!

C-Fb

Edited by - Crennen FaerieBane on 23 Nov 2005 23:24:46
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  23:25:26  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or stuffing either . . . but you can have my yams . . .
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  02:07:02  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, I joined as well and y'all can see the panther tat I was talking about before

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  02:27:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm with you all .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  04:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Turkey Day to all, even if it's not actually a holiday for you

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  07:20:51  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And even with just 10 (ten) members, we're already getting proof about the truth of the saying, "It's a small world."

Alaundo lives in the city (Nottingham), in which one of the colleges has a yearly one-week exchange-program. Big Al,in case you're a native - you didn't attend Billborough college, I hope? Because then it gets scary.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  08:37:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And even with just 10 (ten) members, we're already getting proof about the truth of the saying, "It's a small world."

Alaundo lives in the city (Nottingham), in which one of the colleges has a yearly one-week exchange-program. Big Al,in case you're a native - you didn't attend Billborough college, I hope? Because then it gets scary.

Well met

My oh my, 'tis indeed a small world. Alas not, Kajehase, but my abode is merely a couple or so miles away from this location and I have been known to frequent a certain countryside tavern with a huge oak tree at the front, not to far from this place of learning

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  08:38:16  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Added myself also. Looks like (at least temporarilly) a new closeness record - Kuje and I are pretty close! LOL (*Of course - he and I have covered that already!*)

Dhomnal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  09:36:35  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in!

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  09:42:01  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We FR junkies will always be together in heart and soul!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  11:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I´m in, too!

Excellent idea, by the way!

And Crenen is right! We are all together in heart and soul!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  15:29:43  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in too, but it's awfully lonely in my corner of southwestern Pennsylvania...

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  01:58:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in. This is pretty cool. I'll have to try and find a photo that's half decent to add. Anyone else think that our Brazilian buddy Chosen of Moradin looks like Ali-G?? And who would have thought that the Sage was a sith lord?? Spooky.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  05:55:34  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, just wait until I get the picture of me from my brother's graduation-party posted - I look like a (blond) extra from the Godfather

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  06:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See I didn't want to scare anyone away...which is why I just posted a pic of my arm

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  06:18:51  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm in. This is pretty cool.

I'd agree, after 'subscribing' I went and had a look at www.earth.google.com and downloaded their little toy. Amazing what level of detail is available.
Go to Top of Page

Tifus Artwin
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  06:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Tifus Artwin's Homepage Send Tifus Artwin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im in, just dont expect a pic. If you saw me it would likely crack your screen.
Oh, and Sage, where can I can one of those butter knifes?
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  09:54:02  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that The Sage in the pic he posted? With the lightsabre?

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  10:01:39  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, added myself, shoutout to everyone else from Africa...oh wait...it's only me. Drat

Pic uploaded as well, so you can all see what I look like

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  11:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Anyone else think that our Brazilian buddy Chosen of Moradin looks like Ali-G??

That guy of the movie (Ali-G in the house, or something?)???

Weird, weird... my stepson will have a crisis of laughing when he see this...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  14:09:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

And who would have thought that the Sage was a sith lord?? Spooky.
I tried the image with Obi-Wan's lightsaber, and it just didn't have the same effect. I wanted ominous... and I think that's what I got .

quote:
Oh, and Sage, where can I can one of those butter knifes?
Wait until I've uploaded the latest batch of my "Lightsaber Strikes" series to deviantArt Tifus. You'll see clearly the many different ways lightsabers can be applied to situations in everyday life... .

quote:
Is that The Sage in the pic he posted? With the lightsabre?
Indeed, it is MuadDib. It's an old image now though. Since it's summer here (or rather almost), I've lost the beard and mustache and my hair isn't as long.

Oh, and the Lady K has been trying desperately to sway me back toward the Light Side. So the next image you see might be of me with Windu's cool purple lightsaber .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  21:57:27  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm here too.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  23:27:43  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

Ok, added myself, shoutout to everyone else from Africa...oh wait...it's only me. Drat

Pic uploaded as well, so you can all see what I look like

So, which one of the two pretty girls, are you?

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000