Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Upuaut
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  05:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Upuaut's Homepage Send Upuaut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I dropped a note down in the forgotten realms software section, but I figured I'd say hi here in the official place as well.

been playing table top for 2 decades, and comp games for a little over 10 years or so. Not sure when I started, but I know my first game was Pools of Radiance.

anyway.. happy to be part of the community and looking forward to raping your minds for all the good info. (yeah I'm really a mindflare in disguise:) )

peace

"When the white eagle of the North is flying overhead
And the browns, reds and gold of autumn lie in the gutter, dead.
Remember then the summer bird with wings of fire flaying
Come to witness spring's new hope, born of leaves decaying."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  08:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and indeed welcome to Candlekeep, Upuaut.

I hope your quest for Realmslore is going well to date within the library. I wish you every success with your venture upon Neverwinter.

Enjoy your stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Upuaut
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  09:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Upuaut's Homepage Send Upuaut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is going well. The FAQ and Timeline have answered 99% of my generic questions about Faerun and the FR world. Very high praise to those who spent what was obviously thousands of man hours putting those together.

"When the white eagle of the North is flying overhead
And the browns, reds and gold of autumn lie in the gutter, dead.
Remember then the summer bird with wings of fire flaying
Come to witness spring's new hope, born of leaves decaying."
Go to Top of Page

Jacinth Greyfox
Acolyte

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  12:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Jacinth Greyfox's Homepage Send Jacinth Greyfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all.

I have travelled far in the hope somewhere in your archives to find some lore about the lost civilization of Mahasarpa.

(Nice site by the way!)

The Throne or the Tomb!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  12:45:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why thank you. Welcome to our little corner of knowledge in an unenlightened world (or so it seems sometimes).

I'm sure that our Head Librarian will be along any moment with your new work to complete -- so quick! Run into the stacks!

Oh, hi, Alaundo. You looking for that new scribe? I believe he went thataway. ::Bookwyrm points in the opposite direction from where the newcomer had ducked into the shadows.::

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  18:18:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Jacinth Greyfox and welcome to Candlekeep, the greatest library in aaaaaaaalllll the Realms

::bows low with his arms spread wide::

Herein, you will find much knowledge and Realmslore to keep you occupired for days ........ maybe years , maybe decades ....... or even a lifetime

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  21:42:21  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:: A tall, dark women with black hair enters the room::

Hail and well met. I have heard much of Candlekeep and the knowledge held within. I hope I am able to find answers to all my questions here.
(Hi! I'd been to Candlekeep regularly, but this is my first time to the forums so thought I would say hi.)

::Bending low, she proffers the traditional entry fee of a tome to Aluando::

(Don't have anything to give yet...but I'm working on it!!)

-Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:09:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Fireheart

Ahhhh, a valued tome, no less....'tis greatly appreciated, ill get my scribes onto researching into this right away.

I hope your visit becomes one of length and you learn much knowledge within our humble library.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  01:11:12  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I come to ye for refuge in this time of need (the FR Novels forum on wizards.COMmunity and I need a place to post).

In short, I'm new here.

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  01:27:48  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and welcome to the Great Candlekeep! I'm sure you can find all knoweldge you seek within these hallowed halls. But beware... Alaundo has a wicked Staff of irritated Moderator +5
Welcome to the Keep. Why not join me in one of the sitting rooms at the inn?

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  19:15:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, arilyn742.

Welcome to Candlekeep, I hope you find this library as useful and knowledgable as your previous halls of lore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  21:44:28  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all.I am VEDSICA.My favorite forum was shut down by WoTC(bastages),and I come on good advice to seek knowledge from Candlekeep.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  21:54:21  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and Well met, Vedsica.
Welcome to the might halls of Candlekeep, Any tome or bit of wisdom or knowledge ye may require can usually be found in these halls.

*Turns to Alaundo*

Well it looks like my own prophecy may come true, Great Seer. We may very well still yet build a Army of Scribes within this Hallowed Keep. I pray ye are ready for such an influx in the Keep's staff and visitors. Soon, none may challenge the power of Candlekeep!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  21:58:55  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The power of Candlekeep? Shure, it's a bastion of KNOWLEGE, but I had no idea that ye had intentions to become the unrivaled power of thet realms

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  23:56:32  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Tis only fitting that the Seat of Knowledge rule after all. This shall come to pass. Whether Alaundo wants it or not.
Afterall, Netheril was a seat of Knowledge and look how far their own power stretched. Sure they were utterly obliterated... but that's just a small side note. I plan to put Alaundo up as the Next Karsus! Who is with me?!?!

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nasher Alagondar
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  23:58:25  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nasher Alagondar's Homepage Send Lord Nasher Alagondar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear Hear! I'd rather have Alaundo than Mystra!

"Very well, I am admittedly not as traditional in my methodology as you are. So what? The end result is all the same: target ceases to exist. If I happen to use a bit more flair, and a little less stealth to go about it, so be it. If drow were truly meant to skulk within the shadows, we'd not have stark white hair, now would we? Long gone are my days of creeping in the shadows and hiding in wait. Those means are for beings of a cowardly bent. We Bladesingers are risen above such dribble. So saying, it is boldly into the fray I shall go; if I should come to meet my maker, I will at least have done so with a sense of pride and dignity that your ilk will never truly understand. Now go back to hiding in your dark recesses, pathetic mewling...."~Vesz'aun Auvryath
Go to Top of Page

Ius
Seeker

Sweden
63 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  21:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Ius's Homepage Send Ius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Alaundo!
My name is Ius and i am a new visitor to Candlekeep, I hail from the fair but cold country of Sweden. I read in the forum that you could submit shortstories and the like to your library, I will do so shortly as I am working on a couple of stories.
After this short greeting I will part by saying that it is a privilige to visit this site of knowledge and I hope that we meet again whitin these halls.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  09:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ius

Greetings Alaundo!
My name is Ius and i am a new visitor to Candlekeep, I hail from the fair but cold country of Sweden. I read in the forum that you could submit shortstories and the like to your library, I will do so shortly as I am working on a couple of stories.
After this short greeting I will part by saying that it is a privilige to visit this site of knowledge and I hope that we meet again whitin these halls.

Well met Ius, welcome to Candlekeep.

Indeed, it would be a pleasure to read your stories and share these tales with other scribes and visitors to the library.

Please contact me once your work is available. Thank ye

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Basaxerxes the First
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  20:47:22  Show Profile  Visit Basaxerxes the First's Homepage Send Basaxerxes the First a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, after an absence of some months (well, two), I returned this very morning to my favourite comfy spot for discussing tomes of the Forgotten Realms, and discovered that it was... gone (It's still quite painful to talk about). Anyway, I have found my way here, recognized any number of names, and am looking forward to settling in amongst the books, tomes, grimoires, scrolls, and other sundry sources of accumulated knowledge!

Oi! Thump!
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  21:44:07  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and welcome Basaxerxes, I hope that you enjoy your stay here, and meet old friends!

Enjoy!

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  03:34:17  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and Salutations, Basaxerxes.
Welcome to Candlekeep. As resident Commander of the People's Liberation Front of Candlekeep, we greet you. We also hope you meet your old friends here. As well as make some new ones.

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  18:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met one and all, I am another defector from the Wizards Board, here to help and lend my knowledge to all that require. Some of you may remember me from my numerous posts on their Novels Boards. If you need realms questions answered I hope I can be of some assistance.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  20:20:42  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey peeps. Another defector here.

Anyone wants an updated copy of my checklist lemme know. :)

Urza

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2004 :  07:55:30  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sir Uza, Good to see you again, I am also new here, some of you may recogonize my name from my years on the WOTC FR Forums, It is Truly a pleasure to be within these hallowed walls, and the company here is truly without peer, Well meet to all of you and thank you for letting me join in the fun!
Go to Top of Page

stormdragon
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  07:18:01  Show Profile  Visit stormdragon's Homepage Send stormdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Alaundo! And to you other Scribes and Loremasters, I say Well Met indeed!
I come from the wet and windy Pacific Northwest, and I'm glad that I have found this repository of knowledge and lore. I chanced upon it while browsing on one of the "other" FR Forums, and I'm glad that I did. I look forward to reading what other scribes have to offer, and hope to be able to contribute thoughts and ideas of my own.

Until next we speak, sweet water and light laughter.

Sometimes, I miss my sanity.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  09:01:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stormdragon

Well met, Alaundo! And to you other Scribes and Loremasters, I say Well Met indeed!
I come from the wet and windy Pacific Northwest, and I'm glad that I have found this repository of knowledge and lore. I chanced upon it while browsing on one of the "other" FR Forums, and I'm glad that I did. I look forward to reading what other scribes have to offer, and hope to be able to contribute thoughts and ideas of my own.

Until next we speak, sweet water and light laughter.

Well met, stormdragon and indeed welcome to Candlekeep.

Realmslore and knowledge are certainly to be found within these halls. Im sure you will find much to keep you occupied herein.

Enjoy your stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  06:39:51  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met fellow scribes of Candlekeep.

I am hereby honored to be within these Halls and looking forward to learning more each day.

PS Alundo, I will show you that new tome and ideas that I previously mention, via the wonderful contraption called e-mail, to you very shortly, just a little busy since I have been asked by a certain character to write his biography
Go to Top of Page

radwizard
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2004 :  16:51:07  Show Profile Send radwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met everyone, I'm an ol' OOP gamer lookin' for an additional home.
Been playin' in the Realms for over 15 years and I don't plan on stoppin' anytime soon.
Started playin' AD&D back in 83' and have been a die hard fan of FR since it came out. (I still have my 1E grey boxed set. )
Well lookin' forward to talkin' to everyone.

That Which does not kill us makes us stronger
Go to Top of Page

Fat Dutchman
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  03:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Fat Dutchman's Homepage Send Fat Dutchman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Ya'll
I've never forumed before but have been DMing the realms forever and a day. I needed some input so thought I'd try this. Sorry for any goofs or faux-pas, I'm a confirmed Luddite.
Go to Top of Page

Richtin
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  00:35:47  Show Profile  Visit Richtin's Homepage Send Richtin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all I wanted to say was that on my second day
I feel verrrry welcom!!!!!!!!!!!

"Where in the Nine Hells did you ever get the notion that I would fight fair?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000