Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ilmatari Saints
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  14:39:13  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Where can i find informations about the lives and deeds of the numerous Ilmatari Saints?

We all know St. Dionysus was always the winner of drinking contests and always got his friends home despite intoxication, but what about the others?

If there's no official info around i may go ask Ed.

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  15:46:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The church of Ilmater is different from many Faerūnian faiths in that it has many saints, among them St. Dionysius and St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred (whose symbol is a yellow rose).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  16:42:18  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

The church of Ilmater is different from many Faerūnian faiths in that it has many saints, among them St. Dionysius and St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred (whose symbol is a yellow rose).

Yep, i know, Calimshan it's full of monasteries named after this or that Saint, i was looking for information on their lives and deeds kind of like the Legenda Aurea (or Golden Legend in english) for the christian Saints.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  02:19:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The deeds of the FR saints have never been documented in detail and what information is out there seems to relate only to the Ilmatari faith. I'm not even sure other faiths have "saints". Steven Schend did work on the saints peculiar to Tethyr and Calimshan but other than a listing of monasteries I can't see that he ever set out their deeds or lives.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  14:23:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd recommend a saint in Thay, having helped slaves or somesuch. Oh, and of course, he was martyred somehow by the ruling Zulkirs.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  02:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, as always, is right. I worked in a bunch of Ilmatran saints into the massive Tethyr/Amn/Calimshan double box (I still have a hard time thinking of that as two separate things, given how close the work was on both.). No real lore or details hiding behind the text or sitting on the cutting room floor, but if there's a surge of demand / interest, I might be persuaded to give the lore a reread and post some thoughts and such on my blog.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  10:34:30  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can speak only for myself but i would love reading some of your thoughts on the various Ilmatari saints/martyrs that have monasteries, abbeys and shrines in Calimshan and southern Tethyr.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  11:42:01  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surge/demand from me too (although demanding in a very nice and polite way)

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  15:18:20  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Amahl Of The Nine Whirlwinds, who made it criminal in the Shoon Empire to kill Ilmatari after one healed his daughter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000