Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Kameron M Franklin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2005 :  22:49:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well pooh! None of the stores around here have Maiden yet. :(

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  04:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,

I think I got lucky!!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  04:40:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Prince Forge of Avalon

Kuje,

I think I got lucky!!

You stink! :( Just to be clear, I'm joking around.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  18:27:16  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kameron,

Let me be the firt to congrulate you on a great story!
I just finished Maiden of Pain, and I have to say it was "quite the read" there were allot of elements about the book that I really enjoyed. I must tell you I never thought I would like a character who was a priestess of Lovitar, the whole pain and pleasure thing was very well written.

Wow! I have to say I am extremely surprised. It's not supposed to release until sometime around June 7-10. What country are you in, if I might ask? Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

quote:
I do have one question though *SPOILER ALERT*------------------------------------------------------------*

*SPOILER ALERT*-------------------------------******
How is it that Misterss Yenael actually manipulated events in Lutchcheq so that it would play out the way it did regarding the Karanock's, how could she have known what would happen or influence it?

Again thanks for the book I really enjoyed it!

PFoA

She didn't. She merely placed an agent there and let things happen. She was aware of all the forces at work in Luthcheq, and realized it wouldn't take much to make things boil over. She did do her research on Prisus and his family, so she was fairly certain that they would be the necessary catalyst. From there, she just left it in Loviatar's--and her daughter's--hands.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  18:34:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just finished Maiden of Pain, and I have to say it was "quite the read" there were allot of elements about the book that I really enjoyed.

Lucky berk!

I guess I'll just have to wait my turn.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 23 May 2005 18:35:14
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  01:09:56  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kameron,

I live in the US. I knew it wasnt supposed to be out until june, But when I saw it at the local bookstore I thought to myself "Hmmm, I bet somebody put these out by mistake, Ok grap it quick and buy it before they notice!" Hahahaha.NOt that I'm complaining of course.

Thanks for the anwser to the question too. I hope you write more for FR, I enjoyed your writing style.

P.S. Erik I read the exert in ROTD II, Ill be sure to pick up your book when it comes out!

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  02:56:32  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw the "USA" tag after I posted. Would you mind sharing what store and where in the US? You should go back at the end of the week and see if any copies are still on the shelf. (Not that I plan to turn anybody in; just curious to see if anybody catches the "mistake.")

Oh, and I hope to write more FR stuff, too.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Edited by - Kameron M. Franklin on 24 May 2005 02:57:22
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  03:38:43  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Kam! I'll be looking for it to show up at work. I knew when I saw the shortlist pre-orders go through a few weeks ago it would be early.

(Oh, and WoTC paperbacks almost never have a Strict on Sale date. They go on the shelves as soon as they arrive, so if anyone gives you any trouble at a bookstore just ask to see the SOS list and watch 'em get flustered, heh-heh!)

--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  07:53:39  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UH-OH I'm in trouble now aren't I?

It was the Barnes & Noble store In Monroeville, Pa. Ill check later this week to see If there still there.

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  18:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to get to a bookstore myself. Not that I've had a lot of luck at procuring WotC books before their official release date. . .

Cheers

P.S. to PFoA: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  21:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NO NO I ;ve never been so lucky as to procure a book before its offical release date,no no

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  22:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, PFA, any chance you'd be willing to write up a review of MoP on Amazon?

Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  06:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure Kameron I can do that.

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  06:21:59  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'd request the same of everyone who reads Maiden, good or bad. The more reviews, the higher the book places on searches of Amazon, I believe.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  19:17:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah-ha! On my vacation, I walk into a Borders in Davis, and voila! There's MoP, looking shiny on the shelves. So now I have your book, Kam! Not sure when I'll have time to read it -- might be preempted by some Ed of the Greenwood -- but at least I've got the squirrely tome.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 27 May 2005 02:27:19
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  21:15:06  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

Thanks. I'd request the same of everyone who reads Maiden, good or bad. The more reviews, the higher the book places on searches of Amazon, I believe.

I am really enjoying this book so far, I was fifteen minutes late from lunch today because I was sitting in my car reading this book and couldn't put it down. I've never done a review on Amazon, but I will this time.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  21:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm definitely glad you're enjoying the book, but I don't want to be responsible for making you late to work.

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2005 :  01:02:18  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just picked it up this evening. Will begin it after I finish the second Artemis Fowl book I also picked up. Probably tomorrow night.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2005 :  15:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished it late last night, I just couldn't go to sleep until I found out what happened. I loved the book, the characters were excellent. I like that there are a lot of loose ends for you to tie up later on (hopefully)

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  01:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would just like to tell the folks that the book is also out here in Australia, Melbourne and any good book store should have it. That basically counts out any major chain book store for at least 3 months.

Try Mind Games, Minotaur or the new store Science and Swords in Lonsdale Street.

Personally I have just started reading it and am finding it quite entertaining.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  11:23:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOTC has just posted Author Profile: Kameron M. Franklin for those interested.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  19:17:39  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've posted a video clip of my book signing this last Saturday. If you're interested, check it out on my blog.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2005 :  03:01:43  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

I've posted a video clip of my book signing this last Saturday. If you're interested, check it out on my blog.

Quality over quantity, eh? Seriously, it looks like a good time was had by all.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2005 :  03:51:44  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, yeah, and I only found out recently that the events folks at Borders made a major goof on their end of the promotion. They listed it on their website and in the local papers for July instead of June.

Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  10:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kameron,

I have a question about the text written on the back of "Maiden of Pain".
I was wondering if you chose that bible-quotation or if someone at WotC chose it,
and if you chose it: Why that particular quote?

Cheers ;)

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  15:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it WotC who did it. All the Priest novels have some sort of verses at the back which seem like poetry.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  15:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, someone at WotC chose that particular quote from Psalms for the back cover blurb.

Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  21:14:10  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds quite weird actually, having Psalms on the back cover of a fantasy novel..

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  22:16:23  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not weirder than on any other (non-religious) piece of literature. I've more than one fantasy-book that starts off with a poem by Kipling, is that any less weird, for instance?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  01:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's actually quite fitting if you look at the context of the passage (which comes from Jeremiah, not Psalms--my mistake), not to mention that the King James vocabulary has a nice, archaic lilt to it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000