Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Richard Baker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  19:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a renowned author of the Realms, namely - Richard Baker, whos works include: Condemnation, The City of Ravens and the upcoming The Last Mythal series.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 12 Feb 2004 19:18:11

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  14:58:12  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Baker:

In another thread, there was some discussion about an anthology for the upcoming, Year of Risen Elfkin. Is your Last Mythal series taking place in that year? Additionally, do you know yet if there are any talks about an anthology for this year?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer any of those questions.

SB
Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  20:16:31  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mind if I make a stab at this one, as RB doesn't seem to be answering?

I don't know squat about this "Last Mythal" series, and I haven't even read any of Mr. Baker's work, and I'm not really up on FR continuity, but I think the answer would be something like unlikely.

The Year of Risen Elfkin is 3 years after the Year of Wild Magic, and, unless WotC's policy on this has changed, they're moving it forward at a rate of 2 FR years = 5 real world years.

Although these novels might be some kind of exception, for all I know...

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2004 :  05:52:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by arilyn742
The Year of Risen Elfkin is 3 years after the Year of Wild Magic, and, unless WotC's policy on this has changed, they're moving it forward at a rate of 2 FR years = 5 real world years.

We are in the Year of Rogue Dragons, so that's two years. Additionally, I believe I recall some discussion on the WOTC board where it was mentioned that the ratio you referenced wasn't exactly in place or at least being adhered to anymore.

Yet, I think you are right about the series not starting out in that year, although when it concludes, two years from now, who knows?

Ed Greenwood has been raving about Richard Baker's upcoming novel in his thread and gave some cryptic hints that are leading me to believe that Mr. Baker's series won't so much be set in the Year of Risen Elfkin, but the end of the series might set up that year. Nothing solid, Mr. Greenwood's being very mysterious. Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  22:51:31  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some information from one of the book distributors has a brief synopsis. It mentions that the first book centers around an isolated group of elves returning to the mainland. Not much to go on yet. Any hints for us Mr. Baker?

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  00:04:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Some information from one of the book distributors has a brief synopsis. It mentions that the first book centers around an isolated group of elves returning to the mainland. Not much to go on yet. Any hints for us Mr. Baker?

He's given some hints in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  22:34:01  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Mr. Baker I a really enjoyed your adventure Rana Mor from the May/June 2001 dungeon magazine. I am thinking of expanding it and including it in the Realms (probablly in the southern Mhair jungle below Chult). Just wondering if you had any thoughts on things to change or add to it to make it fit the Realms beter. I am going to make the Rangka empire have fallen a longer time ago and make their pantheon a protopantheon that was absorbed or destroyed by the expanding Faerunian pantheon. If anyone else ran the adventure or has any ideas I will start another thread so as not to bog this one down.

Many thanks in advance
Green Knight
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

129 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  17:28:52  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry for the long, long delay in answering...

The Mhair jungles work fairly well, I think. You could portray the river journey as a venture from the Lapal Sea (the big lake between the Black Jungles and Mhair Jungles) up one of those tributaries heading into the jungle. As far as the ancient kingdom/realm that built Rana Mor, I think it would be pretty reasonable to posit an ancient Lapal kingdom around that area. (The Lapal tribes were the folks who settled Lapaliiya and that surrounding piece of countryside back in the vicinity of 0 DR.)

You'll need to pick some new deities for the evil clerics in the adventure to worship; off the top of my head, some aspect of Shar might work.

Hope that helps!

quote:
Originally posted by green knight

Greetings Mr. Baker I a really enjoyed your adventure Rana Mor from the May/June 2001 dungeon magazine. I am thinking of expanding it and including it in the Realms (probablly in the southern Mhair jungle below Chult). Just wondering if you had any thoughts on things to change or add to it to make it fit the Realms beter. I am going to make the Rangka empire have fallen a longer time ago and make their pantheon a protopantheon that was absorbed or destroyed by the expanding Faerunian pantheon. If anyone else ran the adventure or has any ideas I will start another thread so as not to bog this one down.

Many thanks in advance
Green Knight

Rich Baker
Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker

129 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  17:30:56  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Forsaken House" begins at the start of 1374 DR, the Year of Lightning Storms.

quote:
Originally posted by arilyn742

Mind if I make a stab at this one, as RB doesn't seem to be answering?

I don't know squat about this "Last Mythal" series, and I haven't even read any of Mr. Baker's work, and I'm not really up on FR continuity, but I think the answer would be something like unlikely.

Although these novels might be some kind of exception, for all I know...

Rich Baker
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  20:01:07  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Mr. Baker,

quote:
Try Auppenser for a human god of psionics (alignment neutral, domains Balance, Mentalism, Protection, Strength). He's a dead deity, but he was big back in the days of Jhaamdath, which was a realm heavily influenced by psionics. You guys will get to meet him in an upcoming Realms product.

Can't elaborate on this, can you? Tell us what the mysterious Realms product is? Hints? Could you at least say if this is based on any preexisting Realmslore, and if so which bit?

Thanks.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  09:11:32  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for responding to my questions about Rana Mor. The Serpent Kingdom source book actually really helped me as well since so much of that area is covered in that book. Modifing the adventure is a long term project for me so time is not an issue for me. I'm looking forward to getting The Forsaken House next week.

Green Knight

quote:
Hi, sorry for the long, long delay in answering...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  19:22:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Baker:

Last week, I finished reading The Last Mythal. As I expressed in another thread, I think it is an excellent novel and am very impressed with the level of detail in this novel.

Additionally, with any work that invokes such a response, I also have some questions about some details within the novel.

Spoiler warning

some details about

this novel

are about to

appear

1). The half-elf battle mage Jorildyn who is studying magic on Evermeet... You call him one of Araevin's colleagues at one point in the novel. Am I to correct that he's a candidate to learn high magic like Araevin?

Regardless, I was surprised, delightfully, that a half-elf would be on Evermeet at all and later assume a leadership position within Evermeet forces. Is this a possible shift in some elven attitudes towards half-elves? Or does it speak more of Jorildyn's character or heritage? Will we learn more about his background in future novels within this trilogy?

2). On page 68, you describe Queen Amlaruil as having dark hair. I know past sources like Elves of Evermeet have her with red-gold hair. Any reason for this change? Or are you like myself and prefer your elves with dark hair?

3). Any chance that like the WOTSQ series, we could possibly see some of this trilogy's characters featured in Dragon magazine articles? I know I'd be very interested in seeing such articles and believe others would be as well.

4). Your novel is very wide in scope and has a great level of detail and excitement despite shifting between numerous settings. However, one setting that is not featured or even mentioned, is the new elven kingdom that Prince Lamruil is forging somewhere on Faerun. Will we possibly see this character or nation featured or mentioned in later novels within this series? Or is that not something you plan to address?

Thank you for any time spent in answering these questions. In the thread I linked, I called your work, the most ambitious Realms novel I've ever read. I certainly believe that as it is the only Realms novel that reminds me of George R.R. Martin's work in some ways with the epic feel and detail.

Excellent job...especially for a former Navy officer (I'm sure that will give a hint as to what branch of service I was within).

Take care.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker

129 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  17:30:32  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! Comparison to George Martin is high praise indeed.

Some replies to your questions...

***SPOILER WARNING***

1. Jorildyn isn't a High Magic candidate, I don't think. He's a "few levels back" of Araevin, I figured. The fact that a half-elf is studying magic on Evermeet reflects Jorildyn's unusual competence. There's something unusual about him, but I don't know if I know what it is yet.

2. I found conflicting info on Amlaruil's hair color. I figured she was a moon elf, though, so the "her hair is black" school was more likely right than the "her hair is gold" school.

3. I'd like to write up some of the characters at some point, just don't know when I will have the time. I figure that Seiveril is something along the lines of a 21st-level cleric of Corellon, and Araevin is something like a 15th-level wizard, with a level or two of warmage, fighter, or spellsword thrown in (that's why he wears the mithral shirt without any trouble).

4. This is a tough one, to be honest.As an author, I sort of feel that Lamruil isn't really my character, and it's not for me to tell the story of what he does after "Evermeet." If I do feature him at all in the remaining books of the Last Mythal, it will most likely be a cameo, so that I'll leave it for Elaine to decide what follows for him. It's not a great answer for you readers, but there it is.

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Mr. Baker:

Last week, I finished reading The Last Mythal. As I expressed in another thread, I think it is an excellent novel and am very impressed with the level of detail in this novel.

Additionally, with any work that invokes such a response, I also have some questions about some details within the novel.

Spoiler warning

some details about

this novel

are about to

appear

1). The half-elf battle mage Jorildyn who is studying magic on Evermeet... You call him one of Araevin's colleagues at one point in the novel. Am I to correct that he's a candidate to learn high magic like Araevin?

Regardless, I was surprised, delightfully, that a half-elf would be on Evermeet at all and later assume a leadership position within Evermeet forces. Is this a possible shift in some elven attitudes towards half-elves? Or does it speak more of Jorildyn's character or heritage? Will we learn more about his background in future novels within this trilogy?

2). On page 68, you describe Queen Amlaruil as having dark hair. I know past sources like Elves of Evermeet have her with red-gold hair. Any reason for this change? Or are you like myself and prefer your elves with dark hair?

3). Any chance that like the WOTSQ series, we could possibly see some of this trilogy's characters featured in Dragon magazine articles? I know I'd be very interested in seeing such articles and believe others would be as well.

4). Your novel is very wide in scope and has a great level of detail and excitement despite shifting between numerous settings. However, one setting that is not featured or even mentioned, is the new elven kingdom that Prince Lamruil is forging somewhere on Faerun. Will we possibly see this character or nation featured or mentioned in later novels within this series? Or is that not something you plan to address?

Thank you for any time spent in answering these questions. In the thread I linked, I called your work, the most ambitious Realms novel I've ever read. I certainly believe that as it is the only Realms novel that reminds me of George R.R. Martin's work in some ways with the epic feel and detail.

Excellent job...especially for a former Navy officer (I'm sure that will give a hint as to what branch of service I was within).

Take care.

SiriusBlack

Rich Baker
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardBaker
There's something unusual about him, but I don't know if I know what it is yet.

Now that is always interesting to hear from an author. I'll be curious to see what comes of this character and I hope you enjoy the creative process that might end up telling you more about him.

quote:

I'll leave it for Elaine to decide what follows for him. It's not a great answer for you readers, but there it is.

More than fair enough of an answer for me. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Best of luck with the rest of the trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  16:37:09  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoiler
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Ok finished reading this last night, all i can say is Ed's comment on the back is not hyperbole, brilliant read, already one of my favourite realms books, and i've read them all. Well done Richard!!

Seiveril resurrects Fflar in this book, I've lost my copy of The Fall of Myth Drannor accessory, but didn't Fflar kill Aulmpiter I can't remember? I've got a feeling they both slew each otehr in that fight, very Ecthelion of the Lake vs Gothmog old school Silmarillion style.

Always liked Fflar, even though very little was known about him, Keryvian "Foebane" is one the greatest weapon ever forged, he wades through demons like no bodies business :) Got to admire that heh.

Much like Sirius and the rest of the people who have read this book, i'd love to see profiles of them in a Dragon article (My thoughts on this is that all characters from realmsian Trilogies should be profiled).

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  17:32:28  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Richard,

I would first like to say congratulations on Foresaken House and Ed's comment was very much deserved. I re-read a couple of your books in FR and noticed a few things. With this book, it seems that you challenged yourself much much more. Secondly having free reign to write a story line of your own to which you are the sole creator of the trilogy, this book was much better. You didn't have to play with others toys so to speak, therefore I think that you did a much better job with this book than with Condemnation.

One thing I also noticed was your descriptions of the setting, the mood, the atmosphere, and the details were much more at the forefront. You captured the feeling and ran with it much much better than your previous books. You kept to elements of tension in far greater scope and skill and it showed. The pace didn't seem rushed at all or stifled. The point of view of the various characters was very crisp and well done, and they had a much more believeable depth and feel to them. In the process these characters become much less two dimentional and they are brought life to the page and the story.

As a writer we always hope that our stories evolve and that our skill sets improve with every chance we have to practice and hone our craft, therefore I must congratulate you Richard, job well done for you have hit the vibrant stride that you have been looking for whether it was consciously or unconsciously done. Keep up the good work, much success, and I think that you have now successfully bridged your game writing with novel writing. Sure there will always be little elements of Lore that we FR fans will notice, such as Alaruil's red-golden hair p.14 Elves of Evermeet), and the fact that in Elves of Evermeet Sourcebook 2nd edition, that the Council of Lords doesn't exist but is the Council of Matrons that Amlaruil keeps and does policy with. (Since Zaor's death, Evermeet has grown into a decidely matriarchial society. Amlaruil rules with the advice of her Council of Matrons, a circle of elder females of all subraces. She has many male advisers as well but they have no formal status with her court. p. 15 of Elves of Evermeet)

Congrats again Richard and looking forward to see what will happen in the next instalment and to see what elements of inspiration that you may have taken from the sourcebook done by Steven Schend in Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves and the boxed set of the Fall of Myth Dranno, both of which I think are valuable sources for the next book.

Bruce Donohue :)
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  06:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Mr Baker,

I havent been to these boards in a while but i had to take the time to thank you for Forgotten House!

LOVED IT!!!!!

The worst part is having to wait for all those months for Vol 2 in the series! Really is was just great, i finised it in a day and a half (that alone says something for me).

Well thank you again, and I'm waiting!!!

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

norticus
Acolyte

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  09:19:16  Show Profile  Visit norticus's Homepage Send norticus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi mr baker

im translating the war of the spider queen series in turkish
ive just finished reading condemnation and have a spesific question about it

in the hardcover version, bottom of page 315, middle of chapter 19
the party is in demonweb and being followed by something
Pharaun offers to cast a spell to bar their passage
but quenthel rejects and says "save your magic. Jeggred, Ryld, carry Valas and Danifae"

wasnt at that time jeggred in minauthkeep, near the empty bodies of the companions?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  10:24:37  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norticus

hi mr baker

but quenthel rejects and says "save your magic. Jeggred, Ryld, carry Valas and Danifae"

wasnt at that time jeggred in minauthkeep, near the empty bodies of the companions?

Youre right on this point, I noticed it too.
I dont mean any disrespect by this, Richard, but what is the path for editing and proof-reading with novels at WotC lately? I was going to ask this in another thread due to me noticing quite a few spelling and grammer errors in Lady of Poison which i'm reading at the moment. In some cases it is quite appauling that it got through the proofread.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  13:52:23  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
...due to me noticing quite a few spelling and grammer errors in Lady of Poison which i'm reading at the moment.

The same seems to have happened in Forsaken House. There are only a few, but they are noticeable.

I actually believed that the word cwm was a mispelling as well, but it appeared so many times that I had to look it up and indeed found it. What is the origin of this word and how does one pronounce it?

And I just wanted to add that I really liked the novel City of Ravens. Jack has to be one of the funniest characters I've read about in a long time (I especially enjoyed his posing as The Dread Delgath ). Definetly one of my favorite novels. How did you come up with him?

The Wanderer

Edited by - The Wanderer on 12 Aug 2004 13:58:57
Go to Top of Page

Phobos
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  21:29:32  Show Profile  Visit Phobos's Homepage Send Phobos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I actually believed that the word cwm was a mispelling as well, but it appeared so many times that I had to look it up and indeed found it. What is the origin of this word and how does one pronounce it?

it's welsh and i think it is pronounces koom like fool.... and it rocks in scrabble!

Edited by - Phobos on 12 Aug 2004 21:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Nysgath
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  11:27:10  Show Profile  Visit Nysgath's Homepage Send Nysgath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Baker, first of all, I want to let you know how much I am loving Forsaken House. This is one of the greatest Realms novels I have read yet. Anyways, I was wondering if it was your idea to put the pronounciation key at the back of the book? I really like that idea, and I wish more of the FR books had that.

Also, when do you plan on getting your own website??

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  12:55:20  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phobos

quote:

it's welsh and i think it is pronounces koom like fool.... and it rocks in scrabble!

Many thanks, Phobos. I'll be sure to use that one during my next game. I can just see the other player's faces.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker

129 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  18:31:39  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was my mistake. Jeggred is indeed in Minauthkeep, and is not there to help the party levitate around.

That said... I like to explain it by saying that "Quenthel just *wanted* Jeggred there. She's in the habit of ordering him around, and just forgot for a moment that he wasn't there." I mean, haven't you ever called a friend by the wrong name?

quote:
Originally posted by norticus

hi mr baker

Rich Baker
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker

129 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  18:40:53  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's spelled cwm or cwmb, and pronounced KOOM. It's a high, relatively level area. You might also think of it as a pass, vale, or cirque. I've hiked around Mount Rainier a fair amount since moving out to Washington a few years back, so I was thinking of places like Spray Park or Seattle Park or Burroughs Mountain when I was envisioning the battle at Evereska's western gate.

Jack Ravenwild is one of my favorites, too. I can't claim complete credit for the Dread Delgath, though. My friend Scott Magner roleplayed a character named the Dread Delgath in a MonteCon (a local gathering of WotC game folks at Monte Cook's house) a few years back. I had converted the A1 adventure to 3rd Edition to run a short game there, and turned Delgath into a 6th-level sorcerer (he was formerly a 6th-level wizard in the pregenerated characters at the end of A1). Scott roleplayed Delgath exactly as I wrote him in City of Ravens, complete with the 3rd-person bit and the booming bombastic voice. It was a blast.

No website yet, maybe after I finish the trilogy. I've got to educate myself a bit.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
...due to me noticing quite a few spelling and grammer errors in Lady of Poison which i'm reading at the moment.

The same seems to have happened in Forsaken House. There are only a few, but they are noticeable.

And I just wanted to add that I really liked the novel City of Ravens. Jack has to be one of the funniest characters I've read about in a long time (I especially enjoyed his posing as The Dread Delgath ). Definetly one of my favorite novels. How did you come up with him?

Rich Baker
Go to Top of Page

Bergan
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  18:54:56  Show Profile  Visit Bergan's Homepage Send Bergan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And... Sorry, I did ask this a fair while back on the Wizards boards.... But things may have changed since then...

Is there any plans yet for us seeing Jack again?
Go to Top of Page

stevem
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  00:32:35  Show Profile  Visit stevem's Homepage Send stevem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard Baker,

Congratulations on "The Forskaen House". Its an excellent book.

Two questions. First, don't High Mage candidates have to be 20th level? If Araevin is 15 + 1 or 2 fighter-like levels, he wouldn't qualify for the High Mage prestige class.

Second, will we see Jack Ravenwild again? I have to second some of the other posters, he rocked.

Steve Moss
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  03:48:17  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevem

Two questions. First, don't High Mage candidates have to be 20th level? If Araevin is 15 + 1 or 2 fighter-like levels, he wouldn't qualify for the High Mage prestige class. <snip>
I'm not Rich, but IMO, even though Araevin is too young or inexperienced to receive High Mage training, it is nonetheless in the best interest of the High Mage organization to protect and care for the ones they have identified as potential candidates for this most impressive career.

We see the same happen to young athletes in today's world, especially in disciplines that require careful selection based on criteria such as body shape (like young gymnasts)
Go to Top of Page

Nysgath
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  21:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Nysgath's Homepage Send Nysgath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Richard, I was just wondering who it was on the cover of Forsaken House.
Go to Top of Page

norticus
Acolyte

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  19:30:28  Show Profile  Visit norticus's Homepage Send norticus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanx mr baker

so i'll leave it like that in the translation

Go to Top of Page

JSooner
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  02:06:14  Show Profile  Visit JSooner's Homepage Send JSooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Baker,

Great job with "Forsaken House"! Excellent piece of work, one of the better FR novels to date. I am anxiously awaiting the next book. Had a question though -

***Spoiler****

in the book Sarya has a son Xhalph, but in the Lords of Darkness FR accessory, it states she has a nephew Xhalth. Any particular reason for the change?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000