Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Curse of Azure Bonds
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2002 :  03:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hmm... i know it was a glitch or such with the game... but i was just curious if anyone was able to get through the tower up north of a magic shop that had the giant battle of death with all the Drow, Beholders, Rakshasa, Clerics, Etc.

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  22:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I take it no one knows of a way, or a glitch correction or anything that woul dallow to beat that fight or get past it? or does no one know what battle and tower that i'm talking about? I believe 'Dagger Falls' is the spot on the map, that when you arrive yer given the choice to go to a tower nearby or such...

Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  17:30:37  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not play the game, so I can not help you. Sorry. Is the game fun to play?

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  20:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it was that bad... tho not a lot of people liked the old SSI games... Pool of Radiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, and Treasures of the Savage Frontier. (There are also a few Dragonlance ones...) Though someone gave me a possible solution to this problem elsewhere that i have yet to try...

Go to Top of Page

aaron
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2002 :  19:26:31  Show Profile  Visit aaron's Homepage Send aaron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is some "dust of invisibilty" (or something like that) at the beginning of the game. If you keep it until this battle, you can wipe out the group pretty easily (you remain invisible, even after you attack.)

If I remember correctly, it was in the strategy guide.
Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2010 :  20:32:32  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curse of Azure Bonds was a great game. I played it when I was 12 for the commidor 64, this was 20 years ago when it came out so you cannot rate it against games of today. It was a huge upgrade over Pool of Radiance and the best game content and graphics wise for the 64 when it came out.

It gave you 6 classes (two more than Pool), also you could multiclass which was nice.
and all the core races

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  00:02:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, memories.

Curse of the Azure Bonds is one of the few C64 games that I purchased on tape. It's a shame my tape-drive no longer works.

I haunt old tech selling sites -- hoping that one will pop up eventually -- but no such luck yet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2010 :  14:13:32  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, ye old Dust of Disappearance made this fight a breeze, also pre buff the party, haste, enlarge, bless, prayer etc.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  08:17:08  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I discovered a glitch in the game where if the monsters couldn't reach you, the battle would just end, and you'd receive XP for the portion of monsters you did kill. Usually this would happen when a monster ran around a really weird path and would just 'guard' as he couldn't get any closer.

Now I tried this with this fight several times, but was never able to position one of my characters in a place where he wouldn't be 'discovered' and killed.

I should also point out that this glitch is fairly difficult to reproduce, but I've done it a handful of times so I know it's not completely a fluke. The dust of disappearance sounds a lot cooler. I'll have to try it!
Go to Top of Page

Silverblade The Enchanter
Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  08:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah Dust of Disappearance ;)
also, hm, wonderi f Web and Cloudkill would do it too? well, vs the Beholders anyway
rakshasas are only hit by lvl 8??> spells iirc in 2nd ed, they suck...

I got the idea for my nom de plume from "Curse of the Silver Blades", iirc

www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Spelljammer & Dark Sun art, and much more!

Edited by - Silverblade The Enchanter on 17 Aug 2010 08:03:19
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  16:25:27  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was lucky enough to pick up the Gamefest Forgotten Realms Collection boxed set a while back. Love these old games.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ah, memories.

Curse of the Azure Bonds is one of the few C64 games that I purchased on tape. It's a shame my tape-drive no longer works.

I haunt old tech selling sites -- hoping that one will pop up eventually -- but no such luck yet.

I've seen c64 tape decks pop up on ebay, I think there are a couple of them there now.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000