Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Curse of Azure Bonds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zacas Posted - 01 Nov 2002 : 03:29:18
Hmm... i know it was a glitch or such with the game... but i was just curious if anyone was able to get through the tower up north of a magic shop that had the giant battle of death with all the Drow, Beholders, Rakshasa, Clerics, Etc.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wintermute27 Posted - 17 Aug 2010 : 16:25:27
I was lucky enough to pick up the Gamefest Forgotten Realms Collection boxed set a while back. Love these old games.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ah, memories.

Curse of the Azure Bonds is one of the few C64 games that I purchased on tape. It's a shame my tape-drive no longer works.

I haunt old tech selling sites -- hoping that one will pop up eventually -- but no such luck yet.

I've seen c64 tape decks pop up on ebay, I think there are a couple of them there now.
Silverblade The Enchanter Posted - 17 Aug 2010 : 08:00:30
yeah Dust of Disappearance ;)
also, hm, wonderi f Web and Cloudkill would do it too? well, vs the Beholders anyway
rakshasas are only hit by lvl 8??> spells iirc in 2nd ed, they suck...

I got the idea for my nom de plume from "Curse of the Silver Blades", iirc
Eryops Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 08:17:08
I discovered a glitch in the game where if the monsters couldn't reach you, the battle would just end, and you'd receive XP for the portion of monsters you did kill. Usually this would happen when a monster ran around a really weird path and would just 'guard' as he couldn't get any closer.

Now I tried this with this fight several times, but was never able to position one of my characters in a place where he wouldn't be 'discovered' and killed.

I should also point out that this glitch is fairly difficult to reproduce, but I've done it a handful of times so I know it's not completely a fluke. The dust of disappearance sounds a lot cooler. I'll have to try it!
Tamsar Posted - 18 Feb 2010 : 14:13:32
Indeed, ye old Dust of Disappearance made this fight a breeze, also pre buff the party, haste, enlarge, bless, prayer etc.
The Sage Posted - 15 Jan 2010 : 00:02:31
Ah, memories.

Curse of the Azure Bonds is one of the few C64 games that I purchased on tape. It's a shame my tape-drive no longer works.

I haunt old tech selling sites -- hoping that one will pop up eventually -- but no such luck yet.
woodwwad Posted - 14 Jan 2010 : 20:32:32
Curse of Azure Bonds was a great game. I played it when I was 12 for the commidor 64, this was 20 years ago when it came out so you cannot rate it against games of today. It was a huge upgrade over Pool of Radiance and the best game content and graphics wise for the 64 when it came out.

It gave you 6 classes (two more than Pool), also you could multiclass which was nice.
and all the core races
aaron Posted - 29 Nov 2002 : 19:26:31
There is some "dust of invisibilty" (or something like that) at the beginning of the game. If you keep it until this battle, you can wipe out the group pretty easily (you remain invisible, even after you attack.)

If I remember correctly, it was in the strategy guide.
Zacas Posted - 11 Nov 2002 : 20:46:37
I don't think it was that bad... tho not a lot of people liked the old SSI games... Pool of Radiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, and Treasures of the Savage Frontier. (There are also a few Dragonlance ones...) Though someone gave me a possible solution to this problem elsewhere that i have yet to try...
Ditalidas Posted - 11 Nov 2002 : 17:30:37
I did not play the game, so I can not help you. Sorry. Is the game fun to play?
Zacas Posted - 09 Nov 2002 : 22:15:22
I take it no one knows of a way, or a glitch correction or anything that woul dallow to beat that fight or get past it? or does no one know what battle and tower that i'm talking about? I believe 'Dagger Falls' is the spot on the map, that when you arrive yer given the choice to go to a tower nearby or such...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000