Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2014) (and 2015)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2014 :  23:52:10  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

LOLLL i was not kidding. I know about A Song of fire and ice series but don't know every novel's name ;) I watched season 1 and 2. Season 3 is at home but need time too watch it

Have you read the books yet? It's interesting to see what they change for the show. I just finished season 3 last week and it looks like they are going to split book 3 into two seasons based on what they omitted.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2014 :  23:56:22  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zenmichael

quote:
Originally posted by sillaric_culdanin

Reading Ian Esselmont's Blood and Bone (the fifteenth book I think set in the Malazan world). Its actually a bit of a slog as Malazan books go. I'm considering a reboot, finding a good chronological listing of the novels in the series and going back to Gardens of the Moon and starting over.

Then you'll want to start with Night of Knives, not GotM : ) I really, really WANT to like Esselmont's stuff, but I find about 75% of each of his books just dull as all hell. Toll the Hounds was my favorite of the Malazan books, so I was really excited for Orb Sceptre Throne. After having to just drudge through the last quarter of it (and I barely even remember how most of it played out), I'm not sure I want to bother with any more.

I'm reading Helsreach by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, and Down River by John Hart right now.

I enjoyed Night of Knives but Return of the Crimson Guard was beyond boring and took me months to slog through. I will read the rest of his Malazan books though because I heard he starts finding his own voice and stops trying to mimic Erikson.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  01:46:36  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:

LOLLL i was not kidding. I know about A Song of fire and ice series but don't know every novel's name ;) I watched season 1 and 2. Season 3 is at home but need time too watch it

Have you read the books yet? It's interesting to see what they change for the show. I just finished season 3 last week and it looks like they are going to split book 3 into two seasons based on what they omitted.

No i didn't read any novels from that world. i'm currently all focused on FR novels. But Mr. Martin novels are on my "to read list"

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  02:17:08  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

No i didn't read any novels from that world. i'm currently all focused on FR novels. But Mr. Martin novels are on my "to read list"

OH the books are much better if you haven't seen the show.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  04:00:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Still on my re-read of a 100+ issue stack on old Iron Man comic books. It'll probably take me another week or so to get through them all. Work has been rather demanding this week. So little time for reading.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  04:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage
Reading THE APEMAN'S BROTHER by Joe R. Lansdale.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  11:10:15  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OH the books are much better if you haven't seen the show.

Unfortunately i've seen season 1 and 2. But i'm sure by reading them i'll learn things ;) I would not be surprise if they split a book in 2 seasons because it is a lucrative show and they don't and indefinite novels to base on. That way they can extend seasons until the public stop watching it

Edited by - HardKano on 12 Mar 2014 11:11:10
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  11:12:20  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
I really don't know how i've put my text blue ... in my edit i don't see any code before and after the text LOL

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  20:26:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I really don't know how i've put my text blue ... in my edit i don't see any code before and after the text LOL

The site code has issues with multiple nested quotes.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  20:33:23  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The site code has issues with multiple nested quotes.

lol ! Thanks for the info :)

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  22:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage
Now reading HOUSE OF WINDOWS by John Langan.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  01:00:53  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message
Recently finished book 2 of our Paul S. Kemp's series Egil & Nix aka The Hammer and the Blade.
Guys, if you like fantasy and Paul Kemp's FR books, go for these. Book 1 was good, but book 2 is a blast.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  02:32:42  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Recently finished book 2 of our Paul S. Kemp's series Egil & Nix aka The Hammer and the Blade.
Guys, if you like fantasy and Paul Kemp's FR books, go for these. Book 1 was good, but book 2 is a blast.

Yeah ! just got The Godborn signed today :)

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2014 :  13:11:16  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Finally finished The Sorcerer by Troy Denning. Life really has a way of intruding sometimes.

Now reading The Mother Hunt by Rex Stout
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  02:54:51  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
Finished A Feast for Crows. Starting A Dance with Dragons for the first time.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  13:23:04  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message
Started on Godborn by... well you already know who wrote it. At least you should if you are a member of this site.
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  13:55:01  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message
My library still has not gotten me a reserve copy of The Adversary yet...so I'm reading The Reaver instead.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  21:29:40  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

My library still has not gotten me a reserve copy of The Adversary yet...so I'm reading The Reaver instead.

Buy it on amazon then :P

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  22:19:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I finished Dead Beat on my lunch break today... It's the 7th book of the Dresden Files, and has my favorite scene from the entire series in it. If you've read the book, you know the scene.

Unless UPS surprises me, the book I was planning on reading next I shan't get until tomorrow -- Dawn's Early Light, the third book of the Ministry of Peculiar Affairs series. So I'll have to improvise until there...

Also upcoming on my reading list is the newest Warmachine book, which drops tomorrow. I'm hoping my FLGS has it by my lunch time, so I can grab it then and started reading up on the new toys for my faction.

Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  03:18:57  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I should! Then, donate it to my library! I find myself doing that with more and more novels these days.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  11:16:48  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
Finished The veiled Dragon yesterday night and started Stormlight

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  11:17:21  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

I should! Then, donate it to my library! I find myself doing that with more and more novels these days.

Why ? your library get less and less books ?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  14:50:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

I finished Dead Beat on my lunch break today... It's the 7th book of the Dresden Files, and has my favorite scene from the entire series in it. If you've read the book, you know the scene.

Unless UPS surprises me, the book I was planning on reading next I shan't get until tomorrow -- Dawn's Early Light, the third book of the Ministry of Peculiar Affairs series. So I'll have to improvise until there...
I completely forgot the third book was being released this month. Better get to finishing the second book just as soon as I'm done with my Iron Man re-reads.
quote:
Also upcoming on my reading list is the newest Warmachine book, which drops tomorrow. I'm hoping my FLGS has it by my lunch time, so I can grab it then and started reading up on the new toys for my faction.
This is looking to be a delayed release on my shores, unfortunately.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lothlos
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  14:58:00  Show Profile Send Lothlos a Private Message
Right now I am reading the Fox-at-Twilight and Shadowbane Series by Erik Scott de Bie

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  02:53:14  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message
quote:
quote:

Eh, if I want others to read this book and they only use the library, then they should have a copy, right? I mean, I had to put in a request to purchase the first 2 copies, and then book 3 was picked up by 2 libraries within a shared system, and they got book 4, but I had to put in another request so they'd pick up the Sentinel.

So, I don't mind giving out/back. If some young guy, what I was once like, sees a cool cover and likes fantasy tries it, and starts his lifelong love of it; cool. :D
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  03:17:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I completely forgot the third book was being released this month. Better get to finishing the second book just as soon as I'm done with my Iron Man re-reads.
quote:
This is looking to be a delayed release on my shores, unfortunately.

I got the novel today, but my FLGS let me down. On Sunday, they said they'd have the book today. On my lunch break, they said tomorrow. Later this eve, they said Friday... I'm not happy with this.

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  11:07:31  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:

quote:
quote:

Eh, if I want others to read this book and they only use the library, then they should have a copy, right? I mean, I had to put in a request to purchase the first 2 copies, and then book 3 was picked up by 2 libraries within a shared system, and they got book 4, but I had to put in another request so they'd pick up the Sentinel.

So, I don't mind giving out/back. If some young guy, what I was once like, sees a cool cover and likes fantasy tries it, and starts his lifelong love of it; cool. :D

cool :P

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  20:27:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Vengeance is mine!

...No, seriously. That's the name of the new Warmachine book. And I got it today.

Now I've got new game material and a new steampunk novel to read, both of which I had been waiting for. Happy hamster!

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  20:52:14  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
I finished The Mother Hunt a few days ago. Have been readin a short story collection Some of the Best from Tor.com 2013.

Stiull trying to decide what to read next...
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2014 :  13:17:24  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message
Finished 'The Reaver.' Quite enjoyable.

Onto 'Divergent' because the fiance loves it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000