Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Advice on FR books
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

welshnick
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2013 :  18:48:04  Show Profile Send welshnick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ive read all the drizzt books and the cadderly ones. Also along time ago read ever meet i believe. Just wondering if i had to choose one other author to read who would people suggest. Thanks

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2013 :  18:55:55  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is... rather difficult for me to answer. There are too many authors that I like! Personally, I'd recommend either Erin M. Evans or Paul S. Kemp (...or Ed Greenwood, or Richard Lee Byers, or Erik Scott de Bie, or Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak, or- sorry, got carried away there.)

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 21 Dec 2013 18:57:20
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  03:16:38  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hooked on Paul S. Kemp and his characters Erevis Cale and Drasek Riven.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  05:51:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though we never quite reached a consensus, this is a topic that was discussed at length in the Experienced help for recommending FR Novels thread. Perusing that scroll may be helpful for you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

welshnick
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  08:59:41  Show Profile Send welshnick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou very much
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  11:49:48  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would recommend you try out the works of Paul S Kemp, Richard Lee Byres and if you want to try out something a little different Mark Sehestedt.
Go to Top of Page

YoDrow
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  22:22:41  Show Profile Send YoDrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently reading the War of Spider Queen saga for the first time. I'm at the third book and it's really good!!

Edited by - YoDrow on 22 Dec 2013 22:23:23
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  15:56:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You'll never go wrong with PSK and RLB.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2013 :  06:47:26  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

This.

But I'd also recommend everything Elaine Cunningham wrote in the setting.

Edited by - Yoss on 24 Dec 2013 06:48:29
Go to Top of Page

Volathar
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2013 :  15:56:50  Show Profile Send Volathar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd also reccommend Paul Kemp.

If you want to try several writers at once, try the whole "War of the Spider Queen" series. You get to experience 6 writers, with a wonderful story line.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2013 :  19:20:54  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yoss

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

This.

But I'd also recommend everything Elaine Cunningham wrote in the setting.

... *BLEEP*! Can't believe I forgot to mention Elaine Cunningham!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2013 :  18:30:51  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to wave the Elaine Cunningham flag, Song & Shadow series. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2013 :  23:34:36  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely recommend Paul's Erevis Cale trilogy and the Twilight Wars trilogy. Erik Scott de Bie is also a fantastic writer that is someone to check out. Along with Erin M Evans, Ed, Jeff, Kate, Elaine.... I could go on :)

Fantasy author of The Rithhek Cage series

http://darrentpatrick.com/the-rithhek-cage-trilogy/
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2013 :  23:39:39  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would try "Song & Swords".

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2013 :  01:12:00  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oops. Forgot Elaine as well. Sorry. It is just she hasn't written an FR novel in years. A shame. But really, her works I highly recommend too (except the elf-centric ones, which is no fault of hers [I simply dislike elves, save the drow]).

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000