Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Help Erin out...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  22:47:28  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
https://www.facebook.com/brimstoneangels/posts/565964156805384

For those that haven't been following the amazon drama.. yuck! Help Erin out.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  22:58:58  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

It's already on my iPad! :D
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  00:30:10  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://slushlush.com/2013/12/the-adversary-amazon-and-you/

More.

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  00:31:09  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

It's already on my iPad! :D

I have the copy Erin signed and a copy on my Kobo, I thought I'd mention it anyway for anyone waiting on Amazon. :)

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  02:18:53  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Canadian so our Orders I believe aren't effected, although I bought my from Chapters in Newmarket Ontario, which got the books earily (we got the whole series earily so far which never happens in Canada).

Surely the decision makers at WotC aren't stupid though and when this fact is brought to thier attention they will take it into account. Its not fair that Amazon's ****up should reflect upon Erin.
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  02:52:25  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just looking at my amazon account today wondering where my copy was. Oh noes!

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  03:28:55  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Surely the decision makers at WotC aren't stupid though and when this fact is brought to thier attention they will take it into account. Its not fair that Amazon's ****up should reflect upon Erin.

To be fair it's whoever supplies Amazon with the books that messed this up.

Authors get paid based on books sold and Amazon hasn't "sold" any books until Amazon starts shipping those books. Basically it really doesn't matter if decisions makers are stupid or not, there are zero sales tracked from Amazon until Amazon starts shipping and billing.

Anyway, the point is, if you have an amazon order and can get the book another way, don't wait, get it another way!

Edited by - SirUrza on 05 Dec 2013 03:31:31
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  11:52:15  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to get my hands on this book but I dont think its available in India yet. But I will certainly get it as soon as it is.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2013 :  04:20:47  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't notice this before. Thank you very much, you guys! The situation is indeed crummy, but the book is available, and there are still lots of places to get it! BN.com has it for about the same price as Amazon.com, for example.

I should note, I'm still selling books through my website, and since Amazon's orders aren't available, I purchased extra copies to make up the difference. So if you want a signed copy, I can get you that! http://slushlush.com/e-signed-books/

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2013 :  17:48:44  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Erin will get that book out to you even if it takes multiple websites, trips to the post office, and all day to do it. ;)

I hope if you do this again for your next book everything goes smoother for you Erin.

Edited by - SirUrza on 06 Dec 2013 17:49:37
Go to Top of Page

Areader
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  23:38:48  Show Profile Send Areader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon has shipped my copy and I'll receive it tomorrow. Hopefully this is a positive development in this mess.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2013 :  00:48:03  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Areader

Amazon has shipped my copy and I'll receive it tomorrow. Hopefully this is a positive development in this mess.

That is VERY good to hear. Thanks for the update!

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  06:05:26  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I picked mine up at my local booky.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000