Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Maesters in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  22:34:05  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone ever created an organization and/or a class to mimic the maesters from Game of Thrones? I've been toying with the idea of creating an organization based on them, sort of an elite sage's guild that has gained notoriety throughout the FR. Many noble and royal families would see having them as a 'status' symbol. Unlike GoT, these folks would be paid with part of their pay being sent to support their order. Some ideas I had for a class include:

1. Loosely based on the Expert class with some additions brought in from the Jordain Vizier (from Halruaa).
2. Spellcasting in the form of half of the levels being divine (Oghma or similar deities) spells and the other half being arcane. So a 20th level Maester would have 10 levels of each type of spell casting (no other benefits insofar as feats go).
3. A Lore ability similar to bard/loremaster abilities.

Any additions or critiques of what I have?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  12:04:02  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Long time ago, I've had Zazesspur in Tethyr as Oldtown. They were popular among the nobles similar to the Heralds. Tough they were opposed to magic, no spellcasting ability, I've used some 3rd party technologist class. Eventually they evolved into a planar faction called the Tekne Society, not so medieval.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000