Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Puff The Magic Dragon.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  08:40:03  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First, I'm not sure if this is the right category for this topic.

That said, I'm thinking of making new lyrics to 'puff the magic dragon' to add to the story of "Moonrise" the dragon I mentioned recently in my mythal powers topic. It will be "The Dragon of Moonlight and Dreams" a lullaby of sung to children of Myth Drannor - it would follow the general story of the original as well I think... at least I like the sad ending.

Would anyone like in on this action? Many of you are very creative, not to mention better writers than I am and I imagine you'll come up with more interesting lyrics and a better story that I would alone.

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  08:56:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of all the beautiful elven tunes that gave the City of Song its name, perhaps the most famous is “The Dragon Of Moonlight And Dreams,” a simple lullaby that has been sung by generations of elves to their young that tells the sad story of a young elf and his friendship with a mighty dragon.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  13:09:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was it written by a bunch of Pesh smokers?

Then again, most Wood Elves are 'hippies'.

Monnrise the magic dragon
lived by the shore
she frolicked in the summer mists
in a forest named Cormanthor....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  14:51:52  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

lived by the shore

See that people - this is what I'm talkin about. Well done Markustay
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  16:32:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

lived by the shore

Yeah, I gotta say, when I first saw the title of this scroll, I wasn't expecting it to pertain to a dragon in the Realms.

I have no personal experience with any magic dragons, but I've been around those who were quite familiar with them, and I know a lot more about the topic than I should!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus
Learned Scribe

195 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  16:54:20  Show Profile Send Thrasymachus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know we're a little early into 2013, but I am going to hand out the "Worst Case of False Advertising in a Scroll Title in 2013" right here and now.
Very disappointing.
Duuuuuude, c'mon!

Former Forgotten Realms brand manager Jim Butler: "Everything that bears the Forgotten Realms logo is considered canon".
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  19:04:08  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We could always forcibly manhandle the scroll topic onto OP, leaving such thrice-damned scroll misappelations as hazards to obstruct only the most obsessively pedantic scribes and particularly uninvited Harper spies. Bad form, TMM, bad form.

Could Puff be one of the "iron dragon" steam engines of Gond?

Or Puff ("the Dragon") could be the infamous nickname of a particularly oversized Thayan bombard, a chunk of artillery in a category all its own?

Perhaps it is the fearsome new Dragonne, some fancy new "starwheel" flintlock firearm designed through (gods help us!) the collaboration of a giff and a gnome. Fondly nicknamed "puffs" by the troops, after the distinctive and unusual sound they make when being fired?

Puff the Pirate could be captain of a captured dragonboat with - fittingly enough - a dragoncrested figurehead upon the prow?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000