Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Puff The Magic Dragon.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 08:40:03
First, I'm not sure if this is the right category for this topic.

That said, I'm thinking of making new lyrics to 'puff the magic dragon' to add to the story of "Moonrise" the dragon I mentioned recently in my mythal powers topic. It will be "The Dragon of Moonlight and Dreams" a lullaby of sung to children of Myth Drannor - it would follow the general story of the original as well I think... at least I like the sad ending.

Would anyone like in on this action? Many of you are very creative, not to mention better writers than I am and I imagine you'll come up with more interesting lyrics and a better story that I would alone.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 19:04:08
We could always forcibly manhandle the scroll topic onto OP, leaving such thrice-damned scroll misappelations as hazards to obstruct only the most obsessively pedantic scribes and particularly uninvited Harper spies. Bad form, TMM, bad form.

Could Puff be one of the "iron dragon" steam engines of Gond?

Or Puff ("the Dragon") could be the infamous nickname of a particularly oversized Thayan bombard, a chunk of artillery in a category all its own?

Perhaps it is the fearsome new Dragonne, some fancy new "starwheel" flintlock firearm designed through (gods help us!) the collaboration of a giff and a gnome. Fondly nicknamed "puffs" by the troops, after the distinctive and unusual sound they make when being fired?

Puff the Pirate could be captain of a captured dragonboat with - fittingly enough - a dragoncrested figurehead upon the prow?
Thrasymachus Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 16:54:20
I know we're a little early into 2013, but I am going to hand out the "Worst Case of False Advertising in a Scroll Title in 2013" right here and now.
Very disappointing.
Duuuuuude, c'mon!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 16:32:02
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Was it written by a bunch of Pesh smokers?

Then again, most Wood Elves are 'hippies'.

Monnrise the magic dragon
lived by the shore
she frolicked in the summer mists
in a forest named Cormanthor....

Yeah, I gotta say, when I first saw the title of this scroll, I wasn't expecting it to pertain to a dragon in the Realms.

I have no personal experience with any magic dragons, but I've been around those who were quite familiar with them, and I know a lot more about the topic than I should!
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 14:51:52
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

lived by the shore

See that people - this is what I'm talkin about. Well done Markustay
Markustay Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 13:09:23

lived by the shore
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 08:56:43
Of all the beautiful elven tunes that gave the City of Song its name, perhaps the most famous is “The Dragon Of Moonlight And Dreams,” a simple lullaby that has been sung by generations of elves to their young that tells the sad story of a young elf and his friendship with a mighty dragon.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000