Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Last Threshold shipped early?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  03:27:08  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I pre-ordered Prophet of the Dead and The Last Threshold from amazon right after Christmas and they both came today. The Last Threshold isn't scheduled for release until March 5th. Bonus! Anyone else luck out and get this early?

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  04:08:09  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I pre-ordered it, but IIRC, it doesn't come out til the 8th. I could be wrong though

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  04:08:45  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! Looks like Amazon could be facing a nice $20,000 fine for breaking a solid Street Date release.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  04:50:02  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bonus for you! I almost pre-ordered those two books together, but decided to wait on the Last Threshold

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Valmour
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  09:50:13  Show Profile Send Valmour a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I smell something fishy... shenanigans, perhaps...

Screenshot would be great...

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  15:06:10  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valmour

Nothing fishy. I almost bought the lone copy at Barnes and Nobles this last Saturday night.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  23:33:33  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:

Nothing fishy. I almost bought the lone copy at Barnes and Nobles this last Saturday night.

Barnes & Noble also states a March 5 release date.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  03:52:12  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been a member of this board since the beginning. I'm not interested in lying about getting a book early. Now if I only had the time to read it :(
Go to Top of Page

Valmour
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  12:26:11  Show Profile Send Valmour a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just messing around with you Jornan...

I used to work in retail and know that at times my company would release items early just to get a jump on everyone else.

I did not mean to call you out that way. That post was meant mockingly towards release dates.

Sorry...
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  12:39:40  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I used to work in retail and know that at times my company would release items early just to get a jump on everyone else.

This is exactly why there is such a steep fine if they get caught.

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  10:34:03  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its quite common.I work for a large retail company and they inadvertently put halo 3 on sale 4 days early.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  13:27:16  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

Its quite common.I work for a large retail company and they inadvertently put halo 3 on sale 4 days early.

I should have bought my copy from you guys then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000