Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Underdark below Zhentil Keep 1356
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  17:18:11  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone got some information on the inhabitants of the upper and middle underdark regions below and around Zhentil keep in that area?

Most important, if there is a significant population of Humanoid races, except the Drow doing business with the Zhents??

Thank you all for input.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  18:29:46  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have anything that describes the area, but because both the Dragonspine Mountains and Thar are heavily occupied by humanoids, I would say there would have to be a presence there of the various types above ground.

As I'm writing this, I recall a recent look at the material, and I think one of the sources I was reading mention something beyond Drow...I'll take another look.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  22:50:00  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a city of duergar beneath Zhentil Keep that has connections to its sewers. When Maerimydra was destroyed, refugees attempted to seek shelter there but the duergar killed them all. As far as I know it's wide open on the name, population and specifics.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  00:46:15  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

There is a city of duergar beneath Zhentil Keep that has connections to its sewers. When Maerimydra was destroyed, refugees attempted to seek shelter there but the duergar killed them all. As far as I know it's wide open on the name, population and specifics.

Where is this information from Eilserus? I'd love to take a gander!

Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  02:33:30  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maerimydra was destroyed in city of spider queen,and maerimydra and the duergar town is described in underdark 3.5

BTW, asked this out of equal interest for our game and curiosity.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  02:40:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Zhents used those mole/dwarf assassins - what were they called?

(Markustay rummages through some pdfs...} Oh yeah -Groundlings!

Maybe it turns out they weren't created from 'regular' dwarves - they came from the duergar. That would be a neat way to tie some bits of lore together.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Jan 2013 02:41:12
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  18:32:09  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Where is this information from Eilserus? I'd love to take a gander!

Yep, the super adventure City of the Spider Queen.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  23:31:09  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I will have to find that...I know I once had it, but no longer unfortunately

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000