Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Half-dragon half-Yuan-ti
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  20:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the case of half and half do both starting Skill Points stack? The Yuan-ti abomination gains 2 + Int x9 and the half-dragon gains 2 + int x (Hit Dice +3). do i pick one or the other, or both?

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  22:54:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats really a question for your DM to decide (because such a combo is unique, and therefor has no game-rules attached).

I've seen people argue (in the case of such crossbreeds) that you have to choose one or the other, or that you have to average all the mods for stats and what-not. Its really a case-by-case basis thing without any hard rules. Regardless, I've never seen anyone argue that all bonuses should apply, and that skill points should stack (because then the LA should go WAY up). That would be very over-powered (this coming from a guy who ran a barbarian Firbolg shaman in 2e... and his DM allowed everything to stack. The sap).

A Draco-ti... I'll have to use that somewhere. My players will hate you.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Nov 2012 22:58:25
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  00:06:02  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, that would be a Draco-yaun, MT, LOL!!! (And they have REALLY big mouths...)

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  00:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well thanks for the thoughts, and i plead insanity to your players, but i promise that (on some level) they'll thank me for the epic battle! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  04:52:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Nope, that would be a Draco-yaun, MT, LOL!!! (And they have REALLY big mouths...)

A yaugon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  21:34:24  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are half-dragon half-yuanti in MM 3 called the Ssvaklor
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  22:06:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read that entry - you'd think they'd be more impressive, considering the two bloodlines.

Before I even got to the part about 'Greater Ssvaklor' I was already thinking about an improved version, but the designers went in a completely different direction then I was thinking - they went for even more brute force.

So here I am considering a an improved Yuan-ti/Ssvaklor hybrid - one that is more like a highly intelligent (and cunning) cross between a Yuan-ti and a dragonborn.

And, of course, I couldn't help picturing a Ssvaklor-thid (an Illiklor?) Considering they can do their thing with lizardmen, that might be possible. I'm surprised their aren't Yuan-ti/Illithid hybrids, considering the similar behavior of both.

I created a dragon/troll hybrid years ago for a Chivalry & Sorcery campaign, but the GM said it was too powerful for a normal creature, and he used it as an archfiend (it also had four arms and a scorpion tail... he may have been right about the overkill...)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Nov 2012 22:06:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000