Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Half-dragon half-Yuan-ti

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saxmilian Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 20:23:56
In the case of half and half do both starting Skill Points stack? The Yuan-ti abomination gains 2 + Int x9 and the half-dragon gains 2 + int x (Hit Dice +3). do i pick one or the other, or both?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 22:06:16
I just read that entry - you'd think they'd be more impressive, considering the two bloodlines.

Before I even got to the part about 'Greater Ssvaklor' I was already thinking about an improved version, but the designers went in a completely different direction then I was thinking - they went for even more brute force.

So here I am considering a an improved Yuan-ti/Ssvaklor hybrid - one that is more like a highly intelligent (and cunning) cross between a Yuan-ti and a dragonborn.

And, of course, I couldn't help picturing a Ssvaklor-thid (an Illiklor?) Considering they can do their thing with lizardmen, that might be possible. I'm surprised their aren't Yuan-ti/Illithid hybrids, considering the similar behavior of both.

I created a dragon/troll hybrid years ago for a Chivalry & Sorcery campaign, but the GM said it was too powerful for a normal creature, and he used it as an archfiend (it also had four arms and a scorpion tail... he may have been right about the overkill...)
Quale Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 21:34:24
There are half-dragon half-yuanti in MM 3 called the Ssvaklor
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 04:52:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Nope, that would be a Draco-yaun, MT, LOL!!! (And they have REALLY big mouths...)

A yaugon.
Saxmilian Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 00:15:12
well thanks for the thoughts, and i plead insanity to your players, but i promise that (on some level) they'll thank me for the epic battle! LOL
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 00:06:02
Nope, that would be a Draco-yaun, MT, LOL!!! (And they have REALLY big mouths...)
Markustay Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 22:54:03
Thats really a question for your DM to decide (because such a combo is unique, and therefor has no game-rules attached).

I've seen people argue (in the case of such crossbreeds) that you have to choose one or the other, or that you have to average all the mods for stats and what-not. Its really a case-by-case basis thing without any hard rules. Regardless, I've never seen anyone argue that all bonuses should apply, and that skill points should stack (because then the LA should go WAY up). That would be very over-powered (this coming from a guy who ran a barbarian Firbolg shaman in 2e... and his DM allowed everything to stack. The sap).

A Draco-ti... I'll have to use that somewhere. My players will hate you.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000