Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Female Realms Heroes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  23:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is like the eternal question (which Elaine put to rest so brilliantly) of what would happen if Liriel and Drizzt ever met. If Liriel and Twilight ever met . . . hmm. They'd probably either really like each other or really, REALLY hate each other. Though they might bond over a mutual love of dancing.

I *do* have an idea what would happen if Twilight and Drizzt ever met. It involves pick-pocketing, mistaken identities, and--yes--dancing. And Twilight would get the hells out of Silverymoon before Cattie-brie could pepper her with arrows.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  23:09:44  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharantyr: A likeable, down-to-earth character from the Shadows of the Avatar trilogy, I would like more stories about her or involving her.

Nouméa Drathchuld: I found Nouméa fascinating from what I've read of her. She is not a battlemage and said she knows nothing of smiting spells, yet the very magics she is uncomfortable with often confront her due to her position as being a former magister and now a chosen. I would like to read more about her navigating a world where magic is so often and so easily turned to destructive uses, but she is ever toiling to promote the creative, constructive side of magic.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  01:34:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I'd love to read a tale of the famous Harper adventuress Sharanralee, author of Ballads and Lore of One Dusty Road and My Years with Blade and Harp, one of those names dropped as far back as the Old Grey Box, referred to in passing half a dozen times since, but on whom the spotlight has not thus far shone.

Talantra Bowgentle and Elsura Dauniir, both of whom Sharanralee helped.

Sylune, with Aumry in Shadowdale.

Azargatha Nimune.

The Deeping Princess and the founding of Deepingdale . . .

Aside from mentioning the Deeping Princess, Faraer's list would largely mirror my own.

I'd also add Brianna Burdrun, Myrmeen Lhal, and Shal Bal.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  01:40:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fond as I am of Sharantyr, and as many stories as I know Ed could cook up about her, I wonder if her story couldn't be considered told. She had a great adventure and ended up in a pretty good place. I'd love to see her again (or referenced) but maybe she's earned her retirement?

Speaking as a writer, that's the thing about characters. If their arcs are done and their lives are happy, maybe they should be left in peace.

(Not that I would ever suggest Ed or anyone not write about one of his/her characters! Just a thought.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  02:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Sharantyr's story is told -- I look forward to her based-on-Ed's-campaign appearance in the next Knights of Myth Drannor novels (the first three of which only just got them out of Cormyr!) -- but yes, she's been featured a goodly amount, mainly in stories set later. That's why my first choices would be among all those many characters -- some of them legendary within the setting, others just intriguing and tantalizing -- who we've known about for decades but have never got their chance or due.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  02:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I always thought her story was just getting started. She was getting sent into Daggerdale to help Randal Morn, and though we know how that story eventually ends, it's still another decade of hard, bitter fighting before he retakes the dale. And there's no telling what else she might get up to in the meantime.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  02:25:26  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. There is no shortage of female characters as this list continues to grow. Sharantyr's story does have a good ending. Many fans have asked for a similar sense of resolution (not necessarily sweet, but some sort of ending) for numerous characters due to the abrupt disruption of the transition. As we may have learned, over tampering with elements of the setting could put components of it into a jam, no need to fix what's not broken.

On a more gonzo, note based on one of the more memorable readings I've encountered on these forums, how about a reverse gender clone of Manshoon, a "Womanshoon".

This is only a partial jest. He can't seem to catch a good break over the editions, perhaps a drastic change would help. Being a clone, it does not erode the actual Manshoon character who is free to carry on his activities.

:: Dimension door self behind solid cover. ::
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  02:25:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is indeed a charm of Ed's characters. However much you read about them, there's always more you want to learn.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  02:30:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Womanshoon! Totally!

:joins Dark Wizard behind total cover:

CheerS

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  03:48:29  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a story with Alustriel as the lead character. I would also like to see a story that focuses on a priestess or paladin of Eilistraee. However, I would want the story to be more of an adventuring story like the icewind dale trilogy / Harper series stuff rather than focusing on the Lolth vs Eilistraee conflict.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  04:27:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Womanshoon! Totally!

CheerS

I think I coined that one, a couple years back...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  04:37:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

On a more gonzo, note based on one of the more memorable readings I've encountered on these forums, how about a reverse gender clone of Manshoon, a "Womanshoon".
It's not an exact example of a "Womanshoon," but Bury Elminster Deep laid the possibility for such with Manshoon mind-riding/controlling female folk to either do his bidding, or to act as his proxies.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  04:45:43  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I'm supremely flattered, but for me to write a book about Alusair would require permission from Ed that I'm not prepared to seek. Certain Realms characters (El, Luse, Storm, Azoun, etc.) are, in my opinion, entirely Ed's characters, and he'd need to give a full, heartfelt, and unreserved blessing for me to take them on and assume their voices.
Well, I'm not afraid to ask him.

Since you had a hand in setting up Alusair's court, to me that makes you the guy to flesh it out. Some members of Alusair's court are Ed's characters, sure, but he strikes me as a busy guy right about now and somebody has got to write these stories.

Given the situation, and because it's Cormyr, I can't think of anyone more qualified than you.

WotC people: if you're reading this, how about you give Mr. Cortijo a shot, hey?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 31 Aug 2012 05:33:33
Go to Top of Page

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  05:25:17  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd rather they take something important to Realms fans - like a 'search for Mystra' storyline (or something equally problematic and lore-worthy). Treat it just like a regular (male) story, but use all female protagonists (and don't make the antagonists females just because you can - that's a bit too 'cute').

This would be easily justifiable by having it be about the Seven Sisters (Or however many of them are left. What are they, these days? The Three Sisters? Four?).

"Beware what you say when you speak of magic, wizard, or you shall see who has the greater power."
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  05:38:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What I want to see? The same type of characters I suggested in my Archvillainess thread. Women with neutral alignment and with the tendency towards evil. Of course, a couple of favorites (not exactly evil) have to be there, too: Liriel, Alassra, and Lallara Mediocros. I would also like to see a female in the ranks of the Shadovar, preferably a bastard daughter of Telamont---a sorceress who possesses the compassion of his wife and the ironclad of his will. It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  06:03:28  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Womanshoon! Totally!

CheerS

I think I coined that one, a couple years back...

Wait, is that drool I see on that tongue there?

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.

Hmm, one would figure with Shar as their patron there would be more representation of female spellcasters among the top tier.

Also, right on with bringing up archvillainesses.

Equal opportunity evil for all!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  06:10:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.

Hmm, one would figure with Shar as their patron there would be more representation of female spellcasters among the top tier.

Perhaps that's the irony of it all. Or, simply, Shar doesn't care about gender. Why would she, when in the end, she would just "consume" all her subjects?!

quote:

Also, right on with bringing up archvillainesses.

Equal opportunity evil for all!

Exactly!

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  06:55:19  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Perhaps that's the irony of it all. Or, simply, Shar doesn't care about gender. Why would she, when in the end, she would just "consume" all her subjects?!

Shar may not care. Though I think she does, she still has a bitter and petty streak left, unless that faded in the Spellplague century as well.

I figured there would be more worshiper imitates deity inspirations, activity at the mortal level rather than the divine level. Otherwise why appear as any sex at all*.

If a male oriented Shade is indicative of 'mainstream' Shar worship, maybe Shar would instead be Shadd the Shadow Patriarch, putting uppity moon and magic goddesses in their proper subservient place since the War of Light and Darkness.

I guess this is indicative of the better approach being to put the focus on the worshipers, clergy, zealots, and church/organization rather than the god as an epic level character. I've seen this presentation of ambiguous and unknowable yet still well-defined deities used in an upcoming setting. The approach really opens up possibilities. The Realms had hints of this in earlier books, but things became more and more defined and definite as time went on. It should return to the unreliable narration method.

Apologies for going off topic.

*Maybe Corellon has the right idea.
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  08:40:06  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Venger

quote:
I'd rather they take something important to Realms fans - like a 'search for Mystra' storyline (or something equally problematic and lore-worthy). Treat it just like a regular (male) story, but use all female protagonists (and don't make the antagonists females just because you can - that's a bit too 'cute').

This would be easily justifiable by having it be about the Seven Sisters (Or however many of them are left. What are they, these days? The Three Sisters? Four?).

This.

We know what's going on with the three or four still around - time to bring back Alustriel, Qilue, Laeral, and so forth. 1490 DR or whatever year it's going to be. Not the past, but after Ao's tablet-slinging. The way they were in 1370 or so. After giving them the literary finger leading into 4th Edition, it's time they were brought back with some class.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  10:20:48  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What I want to see? The same type of characters I suggested in my Archvillainess thread. Women with neutral alignment and with the tendency towards evil. Of course, a couple of favorites (not exactly evil) have to be there, too: Liriel, Alassra, and Lallara Mediocros. I would also like to see a female in the ranks of the Shadovar, preferably a bastard daughter of Telamont---a sorceress who possesses the compassion of his wife and the ironclad of his will. It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.

I'll echo this. Will really like to see some of the above mentioned, and add another Zulkir - Yaphyll.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106

Edited by - LastStand on 31 Aug 2012 10:25:09
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  12:41:31  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No love for Myrmeen Lhal?

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  15:12:23  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would look to read something about Red Knight, even a short story involving some of her priests would be good.
She is one of the more interesting of the newer deities.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  15:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

Appreciate the inclusion, but I must point out her name's Havilar. Also, I can't shake the feeling that Howlin' Mad Murdock is a better TV character to compare her too. Except, you know, female and with better legs.
Me and my strange spelling errors. Knew I should have checked that rather than going from memory. Thanks!

And let me take this opportunity to pimp the Brimstone Angels series. Erin has a knack for female characters, and the tiefling sisters are pretty awesome. Not to mention that I helped sculpt one of the antagonists in that book.

quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

I would also like to see a story that focuses on a priestess or paladin of Eilistraee. However, I would want the story to be more of an adventuring story like the icewind dale trilogy / Harper series stuff rather than focusing on the Lolth vs Eilistraee conflict.
Indeed. The Lolth vs. Eilistraee conflict is pivotal for Eilistraee and her priesthood, but it isn't and shouldn't be their only purpose.

I came up with a great character for a story set in Dambrath who is a (converted) follower of Eilistraee. Interestingly, it ties into my potential Red Knight story (see below), and is a story I'd really like to write. We'll see what happens.

And though it isn't fiction, my home 4e FR campaign uses Eilistraee pretty substantially. One of the PCs is basically a priestess of the Dancing Maiden, and is setting into motion events to bring about her return to the Realms.

quote:

I would like to see a story with Alustriel as the lead character.

AND
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

The Sage mentioned her. Such a great character.

She's intricately tied to the court of Cormyr, so she makes a natural shoe-in for Brian/Garen's story. How cool would a story about Alusair on the road, having abandoned her role on the court after her nephew comes of age, and Myrmeen following her to sort of bring her back, or just go with her? We'd call it "One Goes, Unheralded, from Suzail."

I can see either Brian or Ed knocking that story out of the park.

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I would look to read something about Red Knight, even a short story involving some of her priests would be good.
She is one of the more interesting of the newer deities.
I very much agree. I plan to play and/or write a female cleric/paladin of the Red Knight one of these days. My concept is just so atypical and interesting--sort of an Athena-wise-warrior type.

quote:
Originally posted by Venger

quote:

We know for sure Storm and the Simbul are kicking around (Ed's series). We've been told that Alustriel surrendered her immortality and passed away peacefully, Sylune discorporated in the Shadowdale adventure at the end of 3.x (doesn't necessarily mean she's dead), and Qilue was apparently slain in the Lady Penitent series. We don't know about Dove or Laeral.

quote:

What I want to see? The same type of characters I suggested in my Archvillainess thread. Women with neutral alignment and with the tendency towards evil.
Heh, same here. My forthcoming novel has at least two of those in it.

quote:
I would also like to see a female in the ranks of the Shadovar, preferably a bastard daughter of Telamont---a sorceress who possesses the compassion of his wife and the ironclad of his will. It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.
That's an interesting point. Have we seen the Shadovar royalty being chauvist, or are you merely referring to them being all male?

A novel called "Princess of Shade" about just the sort of character you describe would be pretty awesome.

If you don't object, might I borrow this idea? If anything comes of it, I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 31 Aug 2012 15:43:08
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  15:42:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I'm supremely flattered, but for me to write a book about Alusair would require permission from Ed that I'm not prepared to seek. Certain Realms characters (El, Luse, Storm, Azoun, etc.) are, in my opinion, entirely Ed's characters, and he'd need to give a full, heartfelt, and unreserved blessing for me to take them on and assume their voices.
Well, I'm not afraid to ask him.
Since you had a hand in setting up Alusair's court, to me that makes you the guy to flesh it out. Some members of Alusair's court are Ed's characters, sure, but he strikes me as a busy guy right about now and somebody has got to write these stories.
Given the situation, and because it's Cormyr, I can't think of anyone more qualified than you.
WotC people: if you're reading this, how about you give Mr. Cortijo a shot, hey?
Hear hear!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  16:00:12  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LastStand

quote:

I'll echo this. Will really like to see some of the above mentioned, and add another Zulkir - Yaphyll.

Aye. And Dmitra Flass, too. Not as powerful as the two aforementioned zulkirs, but her diplomatic skills, network of spies, and subtle but effective ways of manipulating people more powerful than she is, give her a distinct edge over the others.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  16:16:35  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I would also like to see a female in the ranks of the Shadovar, preferably a bastard daughter of Telamont---a sorceress who possesses the compassion of his wife and the ironclad of his will. It's about time to dilute, however slightly, the strong presence of chauvinism among the Shade royalty.
That's an interesting point. Have we seen the Shadovar royalty being chauvist, or are you merely referring to them being all male?
They tend to choose males as part of the city's upper tier. Telamont's archwizards, even his adviser, are male. In fact, I only know one female who managed to rise in the upper echelon of their society, Variance, a High Priestess of Shar. And that's likely due to Shar's will, not the princes'.

quote:

A novel called "Princess of Shade" about just the sort of character you describe would be pretty awesome.
Indeed. Though I must suggest a different title, as it can easily be mistaken for "Princes of Shade," referring to Telamont and his 12 sons.

quote:

If you don't object, might I borrow this idea? If anything comes of it, I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers

Not at all.

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  17:05:31  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

She's part of Alusair's court, so I kinda included her.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  23:42:49  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That character sounds really cool. I think the bastard daughter of Telamont is an especially interesting touch. Although their is nothing wrong with a nation having chauvinist tendencies if designers are doing that on purpose.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  00:00:23  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That character sounds really cool. I think the bastard daughter of Telamont is an especially interesting touch. Although their is nothing wrong with a nation having chauvinist tendencies if designers are doing that on purpose.

Nope, there's nothing wrong with it. But I believe diversity in a neutral society with the tendency towards evil makes it more interesting. Thay's a living proof of that: the Zulkirate never discriminates on gender.

Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  00:11:22  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Nope, there's nothing wrong with it. But I believe diversity in a neutral society with the tendency towards evil makes it more interesting. Thay's a living proof of that: the Zulkirate never discriminates on gender.

I agree on the diversity part and having nations with different cultures is part of making a diverse campaign setting. Also, a zombie filled wasteland doesn't really have a lot of gender diversity issue.

I don't think Shade is meant to be chauvinistic, I never got that impression when reading about it, although I never really felt it was a neutral society either. My impression of Shade is a thin veil of high society and culture covering a scheming, violent and murderous society. In the return of the Arch wizards series, I always felt a kind of dark menace veiled behind the Princes polite facade. Then again I am not aware of any novels actually portraying life outside of the Palace in Shade.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000