Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 randomized city buildings?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xedrick
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  14:49:08  Show Profile Send xedrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now, I know I've seen a table somewhere with random appearances and features of buildings within a city, I think I remember it being by building class (ABCD)...
If I remember correctly, the section mentioned something about having to describe city areas on the fly. I'd like to use the table to give me some inspiration as I outline several properties to be auctioned in Waterdeep.

But For the life of me I can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  16:26:22  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a quick response, hopefully another can give a more informed answer, but how about Cityscape?

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  16:39:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking that was from the City System boxed set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kyrel
Learned Scribe

151 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  19:19:17  Show Profile  Visit Kyrel's Homepage Send Kyrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having skimmed through Cityscape, I doubt it's in that one. As City System is probably going to be a little hard to come by at this point in time, could anyone with access to said supplement possibly have a look at it, and tell us what these building classes (A-D) means? Like xedrick I'm pretty interested in this.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  01:46:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the old 3e Mongoose Publishing City Books had great randomised tables for city buildings and the like. They're all available as cheap PDFs on drivethrurpg.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

xedrick
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  03:03:24  Show Profile Send xedrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks, guys!
It's definately not in cityscape, that was my first stop. I'm pretty sure it was an older edition book that I saw it in. I'll get on those suggestions.

[EDIT]: Kyrel, there are brief explanations of each building class (A-D) in waterdeep: city of splendors, pg 91, if you haven't seen that.
I'm talking to a friend of mine who happens to be in the posession of a lot of the old FR stuff, and I'm going to have to borrow City System from him, as it's confirmed that it has exactly what I need, random tables for building height and appearance.

Edited by - xedrick on 31 Aug 2012 03:15:01
Go to Top of Page

Kyrel
Learned Scribe

151 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  15:13:45  Show Profile  Visit Kyrel's Homepage Send Kyrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes Xedrick! I'd missed out on that one. Thanks for the pointer :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000