Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 randomized city buildings?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xedrick Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 14:49:08
Now, I know I've seen a table somewhere with random appearances and features of buildings within a city, I think I remember it being by building class (ABCD)...
If I remember correctly, the section mentioned something about having to describe city areas on the fly. I'd like to use the table to give me some inspiration as I outline several properties to be auctioned in Waterdeep.

But For the life of me I can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kyrel Posted - 31 Aug 2012 : 15:13:45
Ah yes Xedrick! I'd missed out on that one. Thanks for the pointer :-)
xedrick Posted - 31 Aug 2012 : 03:03:24
thanks, guys!
It's definately not in cityscape, that was my first stop. I'm pretty sure it was an older edition book that I saw it in. I'll get on those suggestions.

[EDIT]: Kyrel, there are brief explanations of each building class (A-D) in waterdeep: city of splendors, pg 91, if you haven't seen that.
I'm talking to a friend of mine who happens to be in the posession of a lot of the old FR stuff, and I'm going to have to borrow City System from him, as it's confirmed that it has exactly what I need, random tables for building height and appearance.
The Sage Posted - 31 Aug 2012 : 01:46:52
Some of the old 3e Mongoose Publishing City Books had great randomised tables for city buildings and the like. They're all available as cheap PDFs on drivethrurpg.
Kyrel Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 19:19:17
Having skimmed through Cityscape, I doubt it's in that one. As City System is probably going to be a little hard to come by at this point in time, could anyone with access to said supplement possibly have a look at it, and tell us what these building classes (A-D) means? Like xedrick I'm pretty interested in this.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 16:39:59
I'm thinking that was from the City System boxed set.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 16:26:22
This is a quick response, hopefully another can give a more informed answer, but how about Cityscape?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000