Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Erevis Cale and the 2012 Suvudu Cagematch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2012 :  22:53:15  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Erevis Cale is currently losing, with 46.44% (679 votes) of the votes as I type this. Can he recover?

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2012 :  23:43:49  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A slight turn around. Erevis at 53%.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  11:21:00  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a bit surprised Cale won by just 3%. But still a win is a win. Better than a dagger in the brain that for sure.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  13:32:03  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

A slight turn around. Erevis at 53%.

I'm really surprised this one is as close as it is. Kim Harrison is huge, so I figured Cale would just get swamped. Nice to be wrong.

So hey, if you haven't voted, why not go ahead and do so? It's all in fun. Plus I'm having a blast doing the write-ups, so please make me do another one. :-)

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-3-erevis-cale-versus-rachel-morgan.html
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  15:13:47  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has swung back the other way and it's now Rachel Morgan in the lead with 53%. If you're an Erevis Cale fan cast your votes now.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  15:20:37  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn it all, this one is turning into a real nail-biter.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  17:00:20  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I don't even know who half of these people are...

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  17:37:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

Well, Erevis Cale is a rather popular character appearing in most of Paul Kemp's FR novels...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  18:46:53  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's neck and neck with both characters at 50%.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  13:09:25  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cale seems to have regained the lead. Go Cale, go! Much rather see him up against Kylar than the this Rachel chick.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  13:44:19  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Well, Erevis Cale is a rather popular character appearing in most of Paul Kemp's FR novels...

-That's the half I do know.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  14:41:32  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I want a "like" button for Wooly's post. Well played, sir. Well played. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  01:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Argh I fear the Rachel fans are exploiting the system.

I read the comments. Apparently Rachel fans have been exploiting a bug which allows them to vote multiple times. They clear history, open up private browsers or proxy servers, and cast multiple votes. I was skeptical at first, so I tried it once. It, unfortunately, works. Cale was 400 votes clear of winning barely an hour and a half ago.

The lengths rabid fangirls will go to =(
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  02:39:02  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-What is wrong with people?

-The lengths that people will go to on the internet to "get their way" is something that comes as no surprise to me, sadly, based on things I've seen people do.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 22 Mar 2012 02:39:51
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  04:00:22  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do hope you cast your vote, Sage.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  04:16:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've kind of lost track of recent updates, unfortunately.

I think I was involved back when Revan was gaining ground.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  04:55:09  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Assure us Cale will be back, and I'll go give him 100 votes! lol

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  10:36:56  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned on my FB page: It's unfortunate when folks behave that way, but (and I suspect this could go without saying) please do not respond in kind on Cale's behalf. And I mean that very seriously. This is supposed to be a fun little deal, exposing folks to new characters and writers, scratching the X v. Y itch, etc. And that's it. It is not, in any way, shape, or form, a big deal.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  10:59:22  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's a rather strange match. I don't read Harrison. And, needless to say, I cast my vote for Cale.

[Anyone read Harrison?]

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  16:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, looking at the line-up, the only time I will have a hard decision is if Cale eventually ends up opposite Revan.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2012 :  07:26:23  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha ha. Victory is sweet. Can't wait for the next one, Paul.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2012 :  14:52:50  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Hmm, looking at the line-up, the only time I will have a hard decision is if Cale eventually ends up opposite Revan.

-Depends on if it's the canon, official Revan, who became a Jedi softy, or my Revan, who reclaimed his title, took Bastila as his dark apprentice, slew the Jedi who conspired to steal his memories, slew his former apprentice who tried to challenge him, and went on to conquer the galaxy.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2012 :  17:34:00  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I've read it seems as if it's to be soft Jedi Reborn Revan, not Darth Revan. I believe it's Kylar Stern up next.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  00:27:47  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe it's Kylar Stern up next.

Now that's a tough one.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  00:20:20  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

From what I've read it seems as if it's to be soft Jedi Reborn Revan, not Darth Revan. I believe it's Kylar Stern up next.

-Then Erevis Cale it is.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  01:11:18  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kylar Stern has a lot of fans out there. I didn't know Rachel Morgan had such a huge following. I think this may be his toughest match yet.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  01:48:11  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I tend to agree. Locally alone, Weeks' novels had been on the Number One spot for months in almost all bookstores when they first came out.

Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  14:24:20  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Round 4 of the cagematch pits Cale v. Kylar Stern. I had a lot of fun with this write up. I hope you'll have a read and then vote. :-) I'd love to take this story all the way to its end.

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-4-erevis-cale-versus-kylar-stern.html
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  14:46:16  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Don't know who that character is, but based on the short descriptions on the website itself, it seems like Cale and Kylar Stern are pretty similar.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  14:56:37  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Don't know who that character is, but based on the short descriptions on the website itself, it seems like Cale and Kylar Stern are pretty similar.

They both fit the same archetype, that's for sure. :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000