Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Joe Abercrombie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  19:44:25  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if Joe Abercrombie's books will be released in the mass market (small)paperback size? So far the only one i have found and purchased was Best Served Cold I didn't see anything on Barnes & Noble.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  19:51:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not familiar with him... What Realms novels did he write?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  20:04:46  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Abercrombie is a relatively new fantasy writer of some merit, though his biography doesn't include any D&D or FR titles. I remember reading one of his books (his pen name is unusual), but I can't actually recall which book or very much about it, suggesting to me that it was much less memorable than other books I was reading at the time. It must've been at least average or I would've tossed it.

Wikipedia states "In 2011, Abercrombie signed a deal with Gollancz for 4 more books...". Gollancz is a (smallish) British publisher, but their books are often available in Canada and the USA through Barnes & Noble and other distributors. All these companies also sell through Amazon. It's anyone guess what print size these new books will be, although since they're intended to continue a series they're likely to retain the same form factor as the first book.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 27 Mar 2012 20:11:48
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  20:11:30  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Not familiar with him... What Realms novels did he write?

Search appears to indicate nothing at all for the Realms.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  01:44:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure some of them have already been released in paperback.

I do recall the Lady K possessing a mass market paperback of The Blade Itself.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  08:04:47  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Abercrombie is a relatively new fantasy writer of some merit, though his biography doesn't include any D&D or FR titles. I remember reading one of his books (his pen name is unusual), but I can't actually recall which book or very much about it, suggesting to me that it was much less memorable than other books I was reading at the time. It must've been at least average or I would've tossed it.

what were these other memorable books?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000