Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Order of the Shooting Star
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dansonata
Acolyte

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  14:24:55  Show Profile Send dansonata a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all.

I've been searching for sometime for a Mystra group called Order of the Shooting Star.
I could find little about them (Candlekeep (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=4]) and Wiki(http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Shooting_Star])) and now I beg for your help.

Do you know where I can find more about these guys?

Thanks!

"So fate might make a man a farmer, but the farmer chose what crops to plant. Fate might make a man a soldier, but the soldier chose which battles to fight. Fate may have made him a killer, but he would decide if, who, why, and when he killed."

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  14:56:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't immediately recall there being much more on the Order, aside from a brief tidbit in 2e's Faiths & Avatars.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:04:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It was mentioned, albeit briefly, in one (or two) of the pre-SP novels. Unfortunately, I can't recall which novel(s) exactly.

Didn't MT or Azuth discuss this in the not so distant past? My memory's a blur at the moment.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:14:11  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did a Wiki search and found nothing. If something doesn't show up on Wiki then it doesn't exist...same goes for the Jedi Archives. Unless of course someone hacked Wiki to remove the information. But who would do such a thing? And why?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:21:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wiki is not always updated.

Go to Top of Page

dansonata
Acolyte

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:22:48  Show Profile Send dansonata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys!

All I could find about it was:

"The Church of Mystra sponsored an order of rangers, known as the Order of the Shooting Star. These rangers received spells from Mystra and served as long-range scouts and spies for the church, also dealing with magical threats that imposed upon the natural order of things, such as unloosed tanar'ri and baatezu as well as creatures born of irresponsible wizardly experimentation."

"So fate might make a man a farmer, but the farmer chose what crops to plant. Fate might make a man a soldier, but the soldier chose which battles to fight. Fate may have made him a killer, but he would decide if, who, why, and when he killed."
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:29:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I suggest you bring this query to Ed's thread, and hope it doesn't get drowned in the Sea of Eternal Queries that has continued to grow and expand in years.

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:35:28  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Champions of Valor contains a bit of info and 3E info for running such a PC (substitution levels and feats).

In my long running, high-level game, I had a PC who was a member of the order, so I fleshed it out a bit; the order was founded by the now-legendary ranger Steelmoon (actually Dove using magic to assume male form) and is based out of the Great Dale (being a good place to not only keep an eye on Narfelli and Ramavuran ruins, but also not too distant from Thay and it's myriad magical abominations), the group is small in number, and lacks a formal chain of command. The senior members (chosen by acclaim and occasionally a sign from Mystra) form a 'Star Council' on a yearly basis to do long-range planning, but members otherwise are not given much direction or micromanaged in any way. Acceptance into the order is through a master-apprentice training program (think Jedi-padawan) and elevation of an apprentice is at the sole discretion of the master.

That's all I recall, as I'm away from my notes, and of course, it's all home-brew anyway.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

dansonata
Acolyte

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:41:12  Show Profile Send dansonata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Dennis, did that! Let's see if I can get an answer.

@Knight of the Gate, that helps a lot and fits perfectly on what I was expecting!

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  20:29:04  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it helped! I have some other hb on the subject if you'd like.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

dansonata
Acolyte

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  17:56:02  Show Profile Send dansonata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knight, anything else you have about it would be appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  21:50:33  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll get it typed up and posted tomorrow, since I got PM-ed by a couple others who wanted my notes.

EDIT: Sage, Wooly; should this go to a new thread?

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 18 Jan 2012 21:55:16
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  00:12:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So long as it's not a lengthy piece of text, and the source is properly quoted, there's no harm in you posting it in this scroll.

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Jan 2012 00:15:31
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  00:44:32  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it's not canon, but home brew; I just know how you like to keep the shelves tidy 'round here.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  01:33:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, okay.

Well, you're free to post homebrew stuff on either the Running the Realms or Adventuring shelf.

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  01:37:16  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roger that; I'll post there and link to it here.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000