Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Searching for a specific adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  08:19:20  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everybody,

I am currently searching for an underdark adventure, not sure which edition but I think 2nd AD&D.

All I remember it has the PC move through an (ex??) drow settlement, which is now literally dead and populated by all means of undead and stuff.

The city itself looks like a square on the map in the adventure, and I also think to remember some really powerful undead being, which was an information broker or something similar.

thanks for any advice you can give.

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  09:51:36  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closest I can get is "Kingdom of the Ghouls", by Wolfgang Baur, which was published in Dungeon Magazine #70. One of the encounter areas is a former drow settlement, haunted by a banshee, and containing a library tower guarded by a mated pair of deep dragon "librarians". Might that be the one?
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  11:23:06  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will look it up, do you have a site where the older DM issues canbe purchased or downloaded?

thx already!!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  15:32:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can try either nobleknight.com or dragontrove.com for second-hand issues of DUNGEON for purchase.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  15:34:57  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  00:42:25  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
now tried it, and sorry was not the one I was searching.

any other ideas??
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  01:01:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside from keeping an eye on both sites anyway [because old issues tend to come up for resale all the time], I would recommend Ebay.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  05:16:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe he means it wasn't the adventure he was thinking of.

Other then that, I can't help you - its not even ringing a bell. I recall some abandoned (and haunted) Dwarven underuins, but nothing Drow springs to mind.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  08:08:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I believe he means it wasn't the adventure he was thinking of.

I know. But I forgot to mention Ebay earlier, so that's what I did above.

Edited by - The Sage on 30 Dec 2011 08:09:17
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  08:18:54  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakuta Khan

now tried it, and sorry was not the one I was searching.

any other ideas??

Sorry, man. The only other adventure that might fit is one called "Khazefryn", which was in Dungeon Mag #81.
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2012 :  20:12:12  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm taking a wild shot in the dark but maybe the 'City of the Spider Queen' adventure?

I don't know if it has what you describe and I don't know if it was 2e but I paged through it once and something you described rings a vaguely faint bell.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106

Edited by - LastStand on 03 Jan 2012 20:15:17
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2012 :  21:01:24  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A comprehensive list of D&D modules can be found here. Modules published between about 1987 and 2003 would basically all be 2E. Of course, it's always possible your particular adventure was published in Dungeon or Dragon or some other periodical or a non-TSR/WotC source, or it could've been any sort of homebrew.

[Edit]

I suspect what you describe could be set in Ravenloft.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 03 Jan 2012 21:05:00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000