Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2012-13 novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  15:47:22  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

The Masked Witches (RLB)
Venom in Her Veins (new FR author : Tim Pratt)
Spinner of Lies (Cordell)
The Rose of Sarifal (new FR author : Paulina Claiborne)
The Gilded Rune (Smedman)
Prince of Ravens (Baker)

Charon's Claw (Salvatore) [August]
Demon Weave (new FR author : Alex Irvine)
Elminster Enraged (Greenwood) [September]
Eye of Justice (de Bie) [September]
Godborn (Kemp) [November]
Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils (Evans) [December]
Spider and Stone (J. Johnson) [December]
Rise of the Zhentarim: Bound by Blood (new FR author : Max Lunden) [December]

Prophet of the Dead (RLB) [February]
The Last Threshold (Salvatore) [March]

Edited by - Skeptic on 11 Jul 2012 23:42:29

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  15:51:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's confirmed that Godborn will be released on November 2012.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  17:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Masked Witches by yours truly, February.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  17:31:12  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm looking forward to that, Richard!

2012 indeed looks bright!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  17:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The word I hear is Eye of Justice, by yours truly, September.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  18:42:43  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems a good year for FR novels! I'm anxiously awaiting 'Godborn' and 'Prince of Ravens', but it seems I better pull up my socks and read the series in which 'The Masked Witches' and 'Eye of Justice' are released.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106

Edited by - LastStand on 14 Dec 2011 18:44:05
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  03:51:13  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Serpent's Daughter should be next year as well I thought. It better be.

As for all the other books, can't wait to read The Masked witches, Prince of Ravens, Charon's Claw,and Godborn....and The Serpent's Daughter.

Demon Weave sounds interesting and I would be more excited for Eye of Justice if I wasn't so disenchanted with ebooks and read Shadowbane.

I'm also curious about the new Moonshae book and if/will/how incorporate or nod to Douglas Niles work thereabouts....been a long time.
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  03:54:28  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pent's Daughter should be next year as well I thought. It better be.

As for all the other books, can't wait to read The Masked witches, Prince of Ravens, Charon's Claw,and Godborn....and The Serpent's Daughter.

Demon Weave sounds interesting and I would be more excited for Eye of Justice if I wasn't so disenchanted with ebooks and read Shadowbane.

I'm also curious about the new Moonshae book and if/will/how incorporate or nod to Douglas Niles work thereabouts....been a long time.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  09:56:28  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils comes out in December 2012.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  15:49:48  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

I would be more excited for Eye of Justice if I wasn't so disenchanted with ebooks and read Shadowbane.
I'm still hopeful that a paper version will appear. And of course, for those without e-readers, there are always free kindle and nook apps. Your computer screen is still a screen, but it might be more comfortable that way.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  01:10:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

I'm liking this developing tradition for sequel novels to be titled as such. Like Jaleigh's Unbroken Chain series, for example...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  03:47:14  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I'm liking this developing tradition for sequel novels to be titled as such. Like Jaleigh's Unbroken Chain series, for example...

Me too. It adds a nice continuity.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  16:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Me three. The original title for Eye of Justice, as the sequel to Shadowbane, was "Shadowbane Inquisitor" (named for the PrC and because it's just cool). The title still might become something like "Shadowbane: Eye of Justice."

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  16:56:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Agreed. Richard's latest is done the same way. It's under the banner Brotherhood of the Griffon.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  23:49:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me three. The original title for Eye of Justice, as the sequel to Shadowbane, was "Shadowbane Inquisitor" (named for the PrC and because it's just cool). The title still might become something like "Shadowbane: Eye of Justice."

Cheers

I like the sound of that Erik. [And, just out of curiosity, since I'm nowhere near my books at the moment, where is the Shadowbane Inquistior PrC detailed?]

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  00:16:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I like the sound of that Erik. [And, just out of curiosity, since I'm nowhere near my books at the moment, where is the Shadowbane Inquistior PrC detailed?]
Complete Adventurer (3.5 sourcebook). It's a fun easter egg sort-of-fact that no matter how far one goes in 4e, Kalen is always based a little in 3.5.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  01:22:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

Complete Adventurer (3.5 sourcebook). It's a fun easter egg sort-of-fact that no matter how far one goes in 4e, Kalen is always based a little in 3.5.

Cheers

Wow. I must've missed that one. I thought the Shadowbane was actually something new.

I'll have to check this out now.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  01:31:24  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The Rose of Sarifal has an MtG-ish/Ebberon-ish cover. Nice. I like the blurb as well. I might read this one.

Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  03:26:59  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was browsing some of the new releases - mainly those by new authors and Venom in Her Veins caught my interest. Jusr the other day I posted about an archer as protagonist in the 'dream novel' thread...and what do we have here ehh.
Not to mention I'm loving the cover art. Might pick this one up.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  09:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow. I must've missed that one. I thought the Shadowbane was actually something new.
The name and basic concept (the rogue/paladin) come from there, but I wouldn't say it's entirely new.

Also, the name "Shadowbane" is also that of a popular fantasy computer game from a few years back. Which I did not know when naming the character. So . . . meh!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2011 :  13:46:36  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More and more novels released only as ebooks... :/ I'm really loooking forward to "The Masked Withces" and "Godborn".

Right now I'm reading "Cry of the Ghost Wolf". A fine book, indeed. Hope that Mark Sehestedt continues wriring in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  00:18:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Novels released as eBooks is fine, as long as they're released in print at the same time. In short, it should be an option, not the only option.

Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  11:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or at least the option should be open to other countries as well. Still can't order the Shadowbane e-book because it isn't sold on amazon.de and because I don't own a credit card can't order on amazon.com either. Dreading that Spinner of Lies, Demon Weave and Eye of Justice will see e-book (america) only publication as well...

Edited by - Lirdolin on 19 Jan 2012 11:37:53
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  14:04:26  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Novels released as eBooks is fine, as long as they're released in print at the same time. In short, it should be an option, not the only option.

Agreed, i don't think i will ever transition over to ebook. For me nothing compares to sitting down with a nice paper book.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  14:25:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Agreed, i don't think i will ever transition over to ebook. For me nothing compares to sitting down with a nice paper book.

There are times when I find ebooks more convenient, specially that my work "assignments" require me to be very mobile. But if I were to choose between the two, I'd always go for printed.

Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  02:05:52  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lirdolin

Or at least the option should be open to other countries as well. Still can't order the Shadowbane e-book because it isn't sold on amazon.de and because I don't own a credit card can't order on amazon.com either. Dreading that Spinner of Lies, Demon Weave and Eye of Justice will see e-book (america) only publication as well...

Don't worry Lirdolin, even if you had a credit card, you still would not be able to buy the Shadowbane eBook as amazon detects your IP and physical address. The ebook can only be downloaded in the US.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  03:05:01  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I purchased the Shadowbane ebook in Canada....stupid ebook.
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  13:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome
Don't worry Lirdolin, even if you had a credit card, you still would not be able to buy the Shadowbane eBook as amazon detects your IP and physical address. The ebook can only be downloaded in the US.

So why shouldn't I worry? It's even worse then I thought
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  21:39:22  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odd, I was able to download directly from my Kindle, which uses Amazon. Shadowbane is decent, so far (about 1/4 into it, up to Kalen and Rhett being captured) but I don't care much for Kalen. Rhett is interesting, though, if a bit dense.
Rhett(after just discovering his "lay on hands" power): "Am I your squire, then?"
Kalen(having already explained about the sword- and Rhett not "getting it"): "No."

Rhettt should have been smacked for that one! Too bad Kalen's hands were tied..... LOL!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  23:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you're finding it "decent," IA. Let me know what you think of the thoroughly indecent parts coming up.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2012 :  01:43:44  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From PAX, another e-book announced : Spider and Stone (December), Jaleigh Johnson

Things look grim for Serpent's Daughter IMHO.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000