Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2012-13 novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2012 :  13:36:17  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

From PAX, another e-book announced : Spider and Stone (December), Jaleigh Johnson

Things look grim for Serpent's Daughter IMHO.

The sequel to Mistshore now has a title. nice.

What's looking grim about the Serpents Daughter?

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  21:11:30  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phranctoast
What's looking grim about the Serpents Daughter?

I failed to notice Elaine's reply on her thread about its unknown fate. I removed it from the 2012 list.

Edited by - Skeptic on 12 Apr 2012 21:11:49
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2012 :  12:17:55  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a pity. I really was looking forward to it. Hope it comes out soon.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2012 :  02:29:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Any chance Godborn will be released in hardcover?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2012 :  13:34:38  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

As long as it's not initially on hardcover. I don't really feel like waiting an additional 6 months for this.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2012 :  23:33:59  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

As long as it's not initially on hardcover. I don't really feel like waiting an additional 6 months for this.

Yeah, hardcovers only mean more money for nothing. Keep it paperback so at least the eBook is under $7 on Amazon.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2012 :  09:01:33  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:

quote:

Yeah plus hardcovers take up way too much space and my book collection is already cluttering up the house enough a it is.

Yeah, hardcovers only mean more money for nothing. Keep it paperback so at least the eBook is under $7 on Amazon.

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2012 :  13:05:20  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought Godborn was getting the same shaft as Shadowbane and only being released as an ebook?

Either way, ebook would be how I will purchase it. I've warmed up to the idea a bit, having read a dozen or so novels on my ipad, and recently moving sort of soured me on buying any more physical stuff. We've got an addition on the house we rent which was initially supposed to be an office space, but we're using that as the living room and the room that is actually supposed to be the living room is just my books and CDs. And it's about a shelf away from too much with just what I moved in with.

Edited by - Yoss on 29 Apr 2012 13:08:22
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2012 :  18:18:03  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yoss

I thought Godborn was getting the same shaft as Shadowbane and only being released as an ebook?

Godborn will be released in print and ebook formats. FYI. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  01:41:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No new sample chapter for Godborn?

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  03:59:48  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

quote:
Originally posted by Yoss

Godborn will be released in print and ebook formats. FYI. :-)

Sweet. Despite what I said about having warmed up to the idea of ebooks, I'm still glad I was wrong.
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:31:15  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's things like this that need to change
http://www.amazon.com/Charons-Claw-Neverwinter-Saga-ebook/dp/B0078XCSRA/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1335886202&sr=8-2

17.53 for the Ebook and 18.45 for the HC.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:55:13  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's things like this that need to change
http://www.amazon.com/Charons-Claw-Neverwinter-Saga-ebook/dp/B0078XCSRA/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1335886202&sr=8-2

17.53 for the Ebook and 18.45 for the HC.

Ouch! At that price only serious fans will be purchasing the Ebook over the hardcover.....but then again, really serious fans will always opt for the hardcover.

*lol, who's brilliant idea was it to state that "free wireless delivery" was included for that price?!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 01 May 2012 16:56:17
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  17:32:22  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
"*lol, who's brilliant idea was it to state that "free wireless delivery" was included for that price?!"

Especially given that the size is 5KB. Don't break the bank there with that incredible amount of bandwidth these downloads will take up there WOTC!

Edited by - phranctoast on 01 May 2012 17:32:52
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  17:45:08  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
"*lol, who's brilliant idea was it to state that "free wireless delivery" was included for that price?!"

Especially given that the size is 5KB. Don't break the bank there with that incredible amount of bandwidth these downloads will take up there WOTC!

lol 5kb? I would need to check to see if i had that much space available!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:01:25  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As an FYI: I think most publishers regard ebooks as a substitute good for the cheapest version of the book then available. So, when only a h/c is available, the book price is in the neighborhood of the h/c price. When the mmpb of that same novel is released, the ebook price will drop to the neighborhood of the mmpb.

That may change as ebook pricing sorts itself out over the coming years, but for the moment, it seems to me that's how most pubs are doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:13:21  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's hardly surprising. WotC is not the only company that does that. See other fantasy handcovers; most of them have nearly the same price as their ebook counterparts.

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  22:32:31  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rather than the price, this caught my eye and made me chuckle. Oh, wiki. You make me laugh so.

"Introduction (From Wikipedia)
Charon's Claw is a novel set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world by R. A. Salvatore and will be released on August 7, 2012. This is the third book in The Neverwinter Saga and follows the adventure of Drizzt Do'Urden, Dahlia, and newcomer Artemis Entreri."

Newcomer wha now?

The price on the last one annoyed me, and I ended up opting to take a 20 mile drive to pay the extra for the hardcover because for some reason I can justify 27.something for an actual book than 17.something for an ebook. Give me another ten years and this is less new, and we will just be used to it.
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  16:17:50  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The price on the last one annoyed me, and I ended up opting to take a 20 mile drive to pay the extra for the hardcover because for some reason I can justify 27.something for an actual book than 17.something for an ebook. Give me another ten years and this is less new, and we will just be used to it.

I recommend Amazon.

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  15:17:25  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it is a 2013 book, not 2012, but I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Prophet-Dead-Richard-Lee-Byers/dp/0786963611/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336486381&sr=1-9
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  16:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
February. Cool. For some reason, I thought it might be later than that.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  21:33:10  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thing there's a date for it. I was worried after reaching the end of The Masked Witches and there was no mention of the next book.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  22:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is definitely a next book. I ought to know. I've been banging it out for a few months now.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  01:50:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Glad to hear that. Is it the working title? Or the final one? [Excited to see the blurb, cover, and sample chapter...]

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  04:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unless WotC suddenly decides it won't do, Prophet of the Dead is the official title.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  05:59:48  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are certain seers playing prominent roles? Are some characters in the HL trilogy (who didn't appear in the first 3 BotG books) making a "comeback"?

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  14:22:42  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dennis, if I understand you correctly, no, not so much. Not in this one.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  21:50:42  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to Prophet of the Dead, sounds quite interesting and I loved the series so far.
In fact I forced a fantasy hating cousin of mine to read Unholy mostly as a prank but she loved it.
She didnt even like LOTR! Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  23:03:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's great, Thauranil. I also introduced someone to the Realms through The Haunted Lands trilogy. He loved it. He's now reading the other FR novels by Richard, and said would read Paul's after.

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  03:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's always very cool to hear that someone liked my stuff, and perhaps even cooler to hear that it got somebody interested in the Realms or even fantasy in general.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000