Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Would Pre-Crime Work in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  03:06:06  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The gods of Faerūn are corruptible, so to expect better from mortal diviners of Faerūn is a fallacy.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  03:26:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Nilus Reynard

Is it possible that one or more of the diviners could become corrupt and use their "visions" to enforce their own agendas?

Yes, if they are more like Yaphyll and less like Zalathorm.

Zalathorm surrounded himself with fellow diviners, as I recall. Each of which could have, potentially, taken it upon themselves to manipulate possible future events for personal gain.

That is why I zeroed in Zalathorm himself. It may sound too unlikely to have an assembly of good-alignged or neutral diviners, but it's not far from possibility either. If lawfully good deities could recuit worthy people to their cause, I guess some agent could do the same to diviners.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  03:28:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

The gods of Faerūn are corruptible, so to expect better from mortal diviners of Faerūn is a fallacy.

Even the gods learn from their mortal subjects. So that is not an inherent fallacy.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000