Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Free Shadowbane Novella (no kidding!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  22:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's a little late for Free Fiction Friday, but I'm making it up to you this week. (Either or both of these might be visually suped-up at some point, but they're both online and absolutely free. Go snag 'em!)

Just in case you're itching to check in with Kalen, I highly encourage you to read "Chosen of the Sword," a little novella that I wrote--completely for free--about the period between DOWNSHADOW and SHADOWBANE. And yes, you're reading the page count right: 85 free pages of free Erik Scott de Bie Forgotten Realms writing, completely free.

(Did I mention free?)

Here's the link: http://wizards.com/dnd/files/ChosenSwordFinal.pdf

There's also an updated version of my "Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane" story up there on the WotC site as well. It has a few changes from the original, though I don't think anything super noticeable. Just a few reveals I found appropriate to the continuing series! :)

Here we go: http://wizards.com/dnd/files/GedrinShadowbane.pdf

And of course, SHADOWBANE releases this week!

Amazon (currently crashed): http://www.amazon.com/Shadowbane-Forgotten-Realms-Novel-ebook/dp/B004ZZKRLS/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shadowbane-erik-scott-de-bie/1102955200

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  23:11:19  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome Erik, really grateful for this, I'm devouring it for sure

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  23:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Free Realmslore penned by Erik Scott de Bie? Yes, please!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  23:31:14  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vindicator scores a homerunning cleave!

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2011 :  01:36:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Erik Scott de Bie] and [Free] are some of my favourite words in the English language.

[Wait. Did that come across right? ]

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2011 :  15:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was some question about dating the "Chosen of the Sword" novella. To be clear: it takes place over a tenday-long period in Ches 1480, setting it about three months before the start of my novel, SHADOWBANE.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2011 :  18:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About the novella and short story:

Right-click and "save as" these files to download the PDFs directly. If you prefer to see them online, check them out on the Abyssal Plague hub: http://wizards.com/dnd/Feature.aspx?x=dnd/feature/abyssalplague

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2011 :  21:15:15  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A most excellent read Eric. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2011 :  01:02:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dude!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Gouf
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2011 :  15:03:39  Show Profile  Visit Gouf's Homepage Send Gouf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Eric. Much appreciated.

"Why is the torch burning blue?"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2011 :  18:11:09  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished it.....Great read, gives alot of insight as to why Kalen is how he is at the start of Shadowbane

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2011 :  13:55:25  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000