Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Need a quick answer: Heraldry of Callidyrr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  14:27:48  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone have it or know a reference to it? Quick suspense on this if possible.

Edited by - Matt James on 15 Aug 2011 14:30:06

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  16:17:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't check the book at the moment, but for whatever reason [whether because I've looked it up myself before, or it's a tidbit I rediscovered by accident], I'm thinking FA1 Halls of the High King makes reference to the heraldry of Callidyrr.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  18:39:09  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it thanks for Brian R. James :) Hooray for Realmslore guru older brothers! It’s a black banner emblazoned with a silver bear.

Ed also gave a few tid-bits. But it is unpublished. Thus, I can only tease you with it!

Edited by - Matt James on 15 Aug 2011 18:39:59
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  01:35:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat.

For the sake of my curiosity, was the heraldry tidbit from the FA1 module, or is this simply another case of my misremembering?

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  03:10:14  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darkwalker on Moonshae.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  09:56:02  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is the heraldry of the city yes? The Kendrik heraldy is a wolfs head (as per HotHK)

I didn't realise that the city would have different heraldry from those who rule it?

Looks like a question for Ed

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  10:59:11  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not unusual at all: in RW heraldry, it is the default case that cities/countries have different coats of arms than their rulers.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  15:07:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

That is the heraldry of the city yes? The Kendrik heraldy is a wolfs head (as per HotHK)
Ah, that's the reference I was thinking about.

My thanks, crazed.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  15:57:22  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot where I read it, but it was mentioned that there is a City Heraldry and a Family Heraldry.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  16:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Darkwalker on Moonshae, both the Lone Wolf (p.231) and the Great Bear (p.23) standard are associated with House Kendrick. This contradiction is given explanation in Prophet of Moonshae (pp.21,175).

The Lone Wolf is the symbol for House Kendrick, and the Great Bear is the royal symbol of the united Ffolk of the Moonshaes. As such, both banners would surely fly upon the towers of Caer Callidyrr.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  00:12:06  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

In Darkwalker on Moonshae, both the Lone Wolf (p.231) and the Great Bear (p.23) standard are associated with House Kendrick. This contradiction is given explanation in Prophet of Moonshae (pp.21,175).

The Lone Wolf is the symbol for House Kendrick, and the Great Bear is the royal symbol of the united Ffolk of the Moonshaes. As such, both banners would surely fly upon the towers of Caer Callidyrr.

Thanks for the clarification Brian

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000