Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Other planets/Prime Material Planes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cronje
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  13:38:06  Show Profile Send Cronje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Without delving too far into Spelljammer, can anyone name a couple other planets mentioned in the Realms sourcebooks/novels? The 2nd edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Set mentions the other planets in Abeir-Toril's solar system, and Shadowrealm mentions Ephyras being the original home of Kesson Rel. Are there many others?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  16:16:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also the world called Threnody, which is said to be the planet from which Kiaransalee originally came. [src:- Demihuman Deities]

Those few others that have been mentioned are largely unnamed.

From memory...

In Stormlight for example, Ed suggests that Bane, who used to be a mortal before he ascended to godhood, might have been born on another world, far different and far removed from Toril. That world wasn't specifically named.

The 3e Shining South sourcebook and previous lore references the Loxo as having arrived at Toril by spelljammer. Nothing is specifically said about their homeworld.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  16:54:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless there's been a retcon, Ephyras is not in Realmspace.

Starting from closest to the sun, the planets of Realmspace are, in order:

Anadia, Coliar, Toril, Karpri, Chandos, Glyth, Garden, H'Catha

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  18:55:31  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are many mentions of the planet Oerth, the world of Greyhawk. Khelben Blackstaff, for one, has ties to that world.

Also, Elminster has at least 2 different portals to Earth. Our Earth. Or at least the D&D version of it.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  23:23:56  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Touche', Hamster. Source?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 04 Jul 2011 23:25:18
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  00:22:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Touche', Hamster. Source?

Realmspace sourcebook plus the FRCS for 3e, in one of the back chapters where they discuss other worlds. Page 231.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 05 Jul 2011 00:23:55
Go to Top of Page

Cronje
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  03:23:54  Show Profile Send Cronje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll note that I wasn't specifically asking for Realmspace-only worlds - I in fact listed the ones in Realmspace. I'm also looking for the names of other Material Planes and planets that are mentioned/visited in the sourcebooks and/or novels. Speaking of which, I suppose I should add Earth to the list, since Elminster visited it in 1357 DR, according to The Grand History.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  04:02:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I referenced the few we know [by name] in my post above.

Most of the rest, as I've already noted, haven't been directly named and exist, largely, as vague references.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000