Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Demon spawn?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  16:35:15  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is Magadon the only demon spawned child of Mephistopheles? Are there any other children of note? Also does Asmodeus have any famous or reknowned offspring in the forgotten realms?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  16:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know about Realms specific, but Asmodeus has a daughter, Glasya. Grazzt I can easily imagine festooning the mortal world(s) with half-fiend offspring. Appart from that, I can't think of any, though I'm sure one or two have cropped up in novels over the years.

Might be fun to brainstorm a bunch of Realmsian demon/devil spawn! >:)

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  16:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what i was thinking exactly! there are so many possibilites with this topic. So many different demon spawn could be created, each one unique and stand alone.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  17:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SPOILER:There is a scene in one of the Twilight War novels in which Mephistopheles possesses a man and then says lusty things about the man's wife, which I think hints at an intent to attempt impregnate her with spawn.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  17:42:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Of Mephistopheles, I can't think of any Forgotten Realms specific characters, but I would find it highly unlikely that Magadon is the only one- I'm sure there are plenty of unnamed people out there who he had a hand in siring. In general, there's plenty of Demons spawn in the setting.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2011 :  08:42:32  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sfena of the Iron Throne is a daughter of Glasya and possibly Mammon

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  00:11:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are the tiefling twins from Thay... Udalamath, Tiefling Ranger, and his twin Oroleth

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  05:29:53  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As Hawkins noted. Also, I believe it was mentioned in passing, by Mephistopheles himself, that he has sons other than Mags. Don't have time yet to check the exact passage, but I think it's Shadowrealm.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2011 :  18:45:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Synthalus

Is Magadon the only demon spawned child of Mephistopheles? Are there any other children of note? Also does Asmodeus have any famous or reknowned offspring in the forgotten realms?

Look at the history of Narfell and its kings. One can only surmise that there were MANY such offspring in Narfell.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000