Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Blueleaf Portal in Eveningstar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arcanist
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  20:36:22  Show Profile Send Arcanist a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello Good People of Candlekeep,

I have a question concerning the portal in Eveningstar, Im doing a backstory for my character, who has is in Eveningstar at the time. My Question is about the BlueLeaf Portal that's in Eveningstart that connects the town to Suzail. I can't find anywhere where it talks about in D&D books about a portal in Evenningstar or maybe Im overlooking it? The only information I have found about the portal is on this website. Would like a bit more information decription-wise about it.

Also I need a bit more information on Blueleaf trees, some information I have found says they are magically sculpted trees, but nothing else, any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I have posted in the wrong area my apologies, this is my first post to this website.

Thank you in advance

Mod edit: Found this post floating in the ethers, moved it here.

It's overwhelming. I feel as if I am living in an illusion, a dream where all things are possible. Amazing things do happen, I know, but always to someone else, always in some far-off place and time.

--Eragon

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 18 Apr 2011 22:02:45

Arcanist
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  22:41:41  Show Profile Send Arcanist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that I have found what I was looking for, I found it in Volo's guide to Cormyr. Still not very discriptive, but thats what the imagination is for right? Thanks for the help and look forward to posting on this website again.

--Arcanist

Gates in Cormyr

Permanent teleport portals, or gates, have long been present in Cormyr. The Sword Heralds (discussed in Appendix II) created many specialized gates, and royal and noble families down through the
years have used many methods to acquire their own private magical transport. A servant of Mielikki or, if one believes the faithful, the goddess herself created the Blueleaf Gate. This littleknown
transport links a blueleaf tree in the Royal Gardens of Suzail with another blueleaf tree that stands beside the rising headwaters of a clear spring in the Ring's Forest, just south of Eveningstar.
A being who touches either tree and speaks a secret word of activation is transported (teleport without error) to the other tree, along with all worn or carried goods and, if desired, another being. This extra person must be directly touched, but need not be conscious or even alive. This route has long been used by war wizards, king#146;s messengers, and other agents of the crown to quickly and
untraceably travel the length of Cormyrs heartlands. Azoun has used it all his life to visit Tessaril Winter in Eveningstar. During Azoun#146;s reign, Vangerdahast has always set war wizards armed with various tracing spells to watch over both trees to see who comes and goes. These sentinels never challenge users, and they usually remain unseen.

--Volo's Guide to Cormyr, pg 233

It's overwhelming. I feel as if I am living in an illusion, a dream where all things are possible. Amazing things do happen, I know, but always to someone else, always in some far-off place and time.

--Eragon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000