Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Baldur's Gate Quotes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  05:18:04  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

William of Waterdeep said -
quote:
I would love to have a world map most of all.
The DLCS has some nice maps of each section of the continent, but no world maps. For that, I would suggest you wait until the release of the Atlas of Krynn due sometime next year.

Sounds like good advice,Sage.What I have with the Players guide is not really very good detailed maps.I understand that Karen Wynn Fonstad that did such a great job with The Forgotten Realms Atlas also made The Atlas Of Dragonlance,what did you think of it?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  07:23:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have a copy of the original DL Atlas, and I can say without hyperbole that it is one of the most treasured tomes in my entire DL collection. I was reading through it at the same time I was reading the Chronicles and Legends trilogies, so the advantages were great indeed.

In fact when I find out people around me are starting out on DL, I lend them mt copy of the Atlas just so they can understand their way around the world, and the way it ties in with both trilogies enchances the stories I think.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Nov 2003 07:26:29
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  21:04:36  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was digging through my papers of various junk, when I had found a BG quote (or more of a rant the Main character can say) to a beggar in the middle of nowhere. it goes like this... Enjoy:

" Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle-asking, quest-assigning, insult-throwing, pun-hurling, hostage-taking, Iron-mongering, smart arsed fool, freaks and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all PATIENCE! If you got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object, roughly the size of Eliminster AND his hat, and stuff it LENGTHWISE into a crevise of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the Nine Hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

Yep, no one dares mess with Deimos...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 06 Nov 2003 21:06:19
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  22:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

hmmmmm, cant remember the last time I saw a Baldurs Gate quote here Please all keep to the topic. A number of topics lately have slipped into general discussion......woe be tide!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  13:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

In BG2 I particularly liked the exchanges between Keldorn and Yoshimo...there's one about a rhyme that Keldorn found scrawled on the page of a book he was studying or something...I know I have a saved game just before he says it so will look it up and post once I've got it....

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2003 :  21:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okey you do that, what was you where talking abut priestking and thsi is. my is you be the first i be the last i just love that game.
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2003 :  19:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this was in BG 2- did any of you go down by the docks and talk to the people? One of them sings a ballad about Minsc and Boo...

Also, there was a part of TOB (I think) that had animals attacking you. Didn't one of them say some pretty funny stuff? I can't remember exactly, but I remember laughing my *** off at the bunny.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  07:07:16  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hands down the funniest stuff is after Edwin uses his Nether scroll... and I can see why it was hidden away for good reason .
And the gnome, Crazy Canter, or something, actually sings a few different rhymes. Personally I like the mage in the Den of the Seven Vales:
*Ahem*
Learned of spells and casting well but always wanter better,
To sing of knights and days of yore, to leave the robes that.. that fetter,
A wizard prone to song and prose but oft accused of failing,
But I shall sing dispite the odds....
*From somewhere in down the halls*
WILL YOU SHUT YER BLOODY WAILING!

...W..well it did end like that.. well put...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 26 Nov 2003 07:10:22
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  12:52:25  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really liked Jaheiras Quote from BG1. How was it again...

"What is it, oh only present [something about reality... sorry. Can't remember]-character?"

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  15:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

I really liked Jaheiras Quote from BG1. How was it again...

"What is it, oh only present [something about reality... sorry. Can't remember]-character?"

What is it, oh omnipresent (I've forgotten the next part)
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:36:36  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
omnipresent ? Is that even a word ? Wouldn't it be more likely if it was omnipotent ?

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Owlbeard the Black
Acolyte

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  19:55:33  Show Profile  Visit Owlbeard the Black's Homepage Send Owlbeard the Black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Jaheira quote is "What is it, oh omnipresent authority figure?". It's "omnipresent" because she's referring to you, the player.

Xan has the greatest quotes by far.
"The sun SHINES and I am AMAZED we live to see another DAY."

"The sun SHINES, and I am AMAZED we live to see another DAY."

Edited by - Owlbeard the Black on 14 Feb 2004 17:30:16
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  17:45:53  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just love all the tings the party in Abzigals(or was it the other dragon, damnit I never remember, shade?) lair said, when they attack you, but when you strike them down the leader thief reloads. Its just hilarius. The word "magic missle" is spoken a lot of times.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Deverien Valandil
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  06:36:45  Show Profile Send Deverien Valandil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edwin (after you do a quest for him): 'Congratulations. You have obviously exceeded your low-born heritage and surged to the vanguard of GOONERY!'

That exchange between Jan and Viconia (about the spider) is one of my favourites as well.

Re the first post in the thread, I believe Jaheira's line was "This looks like a good place for a henge!"
Go to Top of Page

Magmasjtr
Acolyte

Sweden
5 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  22:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Magmasjtr's Homepage Send Magmasjtr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite quote comes from BG1, that really annoying guy in Nashkel. Noober? Think that was his name.

"Are you going to throw rocks at me?"

Didn“t he have a brother called Neeber that showed up in BG2? Correct me if I“m wrong!

"DontĀ“t worry boys, they suck to!"
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  07:24:56  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes i think so, in Trademeet? I think he says almost the same as Noober, he says "are you going to throw rocks at me?" and then he say:"Heres some rock that some other people throwed at me" and then you have 10+1 bullets.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Magmasjtr
Acolyte

Sweden
5 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  09:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Magmasjtr's Homepage Send Magmasjtr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I believe he was wandering around in Trademeet.

"DontĀ“t worry boys, they suck to!"
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  14:02:10  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes!
He are cool, but nothing to the party I mentioned above.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  21:18:13  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Minsc was slightly off is rocker to begin with. O.o

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000