Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Edwin Odesseiron in Dragon Age: Origins
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  11:53:09  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Playing DA for a second time and stumbled across a familar (and very memorable) character from the Baldur's Gate saga. In a Denerim tavern is a lovely woman named Edwina in red robes. What a laugh! Anyone else seen this? Or does anyone know about some similar easter eggs?

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  12:10:29  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Good ol' Edwina .

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  12:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for pointing that out! I never noticed it the first time, but I'll keep an eye out for Edwina the next time I play DA.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  12:52:19  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if she comes back for Dragon Age 2.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  14:41:21  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lets hope, with lots of references to 'simians' and so :D

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2011 :  18:02:15  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep I also noticed that, and is curious because short ago I thought of a story where Edwin (Edwina) would be offered a "dispel scroll" in exchange for his services.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 11 Mar 2011 18:04:06
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2011 :  08:28:05  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually it seems there are many similar easter eggs as detailed in dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs the most notable being (aside from Edwin) Gaxkang, an obvious reference to the demilich Kanggaxx.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  21:06:24  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never noticed that! xD

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000