Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2011 :  15:20:15  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Eldacar, an e-mail from Ed just arrived, and here's the relevant bit of it:

Living bodies act as batteries (rechargeable storage chambers) for silver fire (which is how Elminster and others can absorb "extra" silver fire from others), if the mind inhabiting that body has the gift/ability to drain/skim/accumulate raw energy from the Weave (or from the raw/natural energy flows of the world [convection currents, flows of water, winds, temperature gradients, gravity, tides, etc.] that the Weave harnesses.
So both mind and body are involved.
If a Chosen takes over the body of someone else for a long time and has the ability, means, skills, and knowledge to alter that body to become a "silver fire chamber," then yes, they could transfer silver fire, or the silver fire collection ability, from body to body.
You'll see quite a bit of bodyhopping in my current Elminster novels, but they also illustrate why it's unusual for a Chosen to "add" to the total of silver fire-capable bodies in existence, as opposed to departing a destroyed/dying/failing body permanently for a new one.
There ARE silver fire collectors/wielders who have no connection at all to Mystra, but they are VERY rare and she destroys those who "misbehave" (in regards to their treatment of the Weave, other spellcasters, natural processes and balances, etc.), acting through intermediaries rather than directly confronting . . . and sending a Chosen to drain/gather the silver fire so it won't be lost.
I would love to say more, but here's where NDAs loom (because someone might want to use this in Realms fiction, some day).

So saith Ed. Who hopes this is of help.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2011 :  16:46:04  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
It does indeed. Many thanks, milady.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2011 :  18:11:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
To The Silversword, Hildifons is right: the computer game Candlekeep heraldry is yet another blazon briefly used by Candlekeep in the "home" Realms (and is also canon).
Ed tells me some monks make a hobby of designing new badges, blazons, and letterhead for the Keep, and often these efforts either creep into use or are formally adopted for a time . . . so there yet MORE efforts out there, some of them graven onto the lids of stone coffins of dead monks in the labyrinth of caverns beneath the Keep (see the relevant Wyrms article by Ed about the guardian dragon down there.
love,
THO

And here's the link to that article.

Miirym, "The Sentinel Wyrm"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  02:38:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

If a Chosen takes over the body of someone else for a long time and has the ability, means, skills, and knowledge to alter that body to become a "silver fire chamber," then yes, they could transfer silver fire, or the silver fire collection ability, from body to body.
I find this particular piece of lore fascinating.

Milady, could you perhaps pester Ed just a little, and ask him whether he has specifically established criteria for what a Chosen is looking for in another body... before the bodyhopping [as it were ]?

I've my own ideas for this, but I'm curious about what Ed may have already in place for it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  03:07:13  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ziresta

In "A Dance In Storm's Garden," Elminster says, "I mate with dragons -- suitably shapechanged, of course -- and live to rue that whim." I find myself horribly curious about this. Not the mating itself, mind, the rueing of it.
This leads to subsequent appearance of young and, ah, excessively temperamental half-dragons making Pandemonium worth of noise and wasting Old Mage's good tea by throwing it in his face?

My question:
What noteworthy magocracies Faerun have? Post- Time of Troubles are Halruaa, Nimbral, Rashemen, Thay and Sshamath - is that all?
What others were there before, other than Netheril and (briefly) Athalantar?
It looks like there were a lot of all sorts of sorcerous monarchies from Shoon Empire to Aglarond, but surprisingly few magocracies, even counting their "herd of cats" side.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  20:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
You can add the Arcana of Humbar and Olleth to your list. Both are deep within the Sea of Fallen Stars and are morkoth mageocracies. Both still exist, though only Olleth (pre-Iakhovas) was known to exist.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  13:37:22  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well again all

I have been wondering about hidden heirs of both Azoun the fourth and fifth of that name and whether the Summerstars have hidden the heirs for any appreciable length of time?

Can Ed share any clack on what the average cormyte might say/think about the hidden heirs?

Kind regards

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  10:42:01  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Well again all

I have been wondering about hidden heirs of both Azoun the fourth and fifth of that name and whether the Summerstars have hidden the heirs for any appreciable length of time?

Can Ed share any clack on what the average cormyte might say/think about the hidden heirs?

Kind regards

Damian

Seconded. Any hidden heirs you might share, Mr. Greenwood...?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  18:27:11  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well again

I have been going through my copies of Polyhedron and came across the clack from issue 58 regarding 'The Black Blade' a single human female(?) brigand operating across Cormyr, Sembia and the Dales.

I was wondering if the Knights ever came across her and/or whether Ed can share some more lore on her and her magical abilities?

Thanks

Damian
ps. Are there anymore well known brigands/bands of thieves operating in the same area circa 1360DR or so that Ed can share with us?

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2011 :  12:17:35  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
More info about brigands and bandits would be very nice, indeed!
Dear Hooded lady, could you please ask Ed to add some lore about this nasty class of villains around Waterdeep, Daggerford, the western High Moor and the North near 1368 DR? Thank you in advance, lady!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 22 Jul 2011 12:23:58
Go to Top of Page

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2011 :  09:45:05  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
To The Silversword, Hildifons is right: the computer game Candlekeep heraldry is yet another blazon briefly used by Candlekeep in the "home" Realms (and is also canon).
Ed tells me some monks make a hobby of designing new badges, blazons, and letterhead for the Keep, and often these efforts either creep into use or are formally adopted for a time . . . so there yet MORE efforts out there, some of them graven onto the lids of stone coffins of dead monks in the labyrinth of caverns beneath the Keep (see the relevant Wyrms article by Ed about the guardian dragon down there.
love,
THO

That sounds like it could get pretty darn confusing! So does this irk the Heralds like, "Ok look guys, you just changed your heraldry last week!"

Which makes me wonder, is there any sort of animosity between the Heralds and sages of Candlekeep? Or is it more of a mutual respect? Are records freely shared between the two?

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  00:41:11  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
The_Silversword, here's Ed's reply to you:

It could get confusing, yes, and it would certainly irk the Heralds if nobility or guilds did this (royalty is granted a bit more leeway, and it seems Candlekeep is granted even more, as they haven't [publicly, at least] said a word about it).
So far as I know, there's no animosity between the Heralds and Candlekeep, but there is a professional distance (largely "keeping out of each other's hair"). So, yes, I would say it's a mutual respect. Records are freely shared between the two in a literal sense (no fees), but not in a daily sense (as in, they VERY rarely exchange or share records). What usually happens is that Candlekeep gives free room, board, and records access to any traveling Herald who stops over - - and in return, get that Herald's free expertise (questions answered, badges and blazons designed, heraldic disputes settled, identifications made, etc.).
Hope this helps!

So saith Ed. Creator of the Realms, the Heralds, and Candlekeep (the fictional original, not this site, of course).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  13:19:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
A belated happy birthday for the other day Ed. In the twirl of an interstate trip I plain forgot. Hope it was great!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  21:46:13  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
George, Ed says:

Thank you. I don't feel a day over a hundred and two. :}
It was a quiet birthday, with the whole family weighing in and neighbors bringing us dinner AND goopy-sweet-icing cake (just the thing for a diabetic, so was deeply appreciated). I sat down and wrote a promised short story to celebrate.
The cat seemed to know; she clawed open the cupboard where we keep the little candles and such, and triumphantly emptied it onto the floor.
Just in case, you know, we'd forgotten where these essentials are kept. :}

So saith Ed. Who is busy with boogeymen, orcs, and bills. Not necessarily in that order.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  11:09:30  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
The_Silversword, here's Ed's reply to you:

It could get confusing, yes, and it would certainly irk the Heralds if nobility or guilds did this (royalty is granted a bit more leeway, and it seems Candlekeep is granted even more, as they haven't [publicly, at least] said a word about it).
So far as I know, there's no animosity between the Heralds and Candlekeep, but there is a professional distance (largely "keeping out of each other's hair"). So, yes, I would say it's a mutual respect. Records are freely shared between the two in a literal sense (no fees), but not in a daily sense (as in, they VERY rarely exchange or share records). What usually happens is that Candlekeep gives free room, board, and records access to any traveling Herald who stops over - - and in return, get that Herald's free expertise (questions answered, badges and blazons designed, heraldic disputes settled, identifications made, etc.).
Hope this helps!

So saith Ed. Creator of the Realms, the Heralds, and Candlekeep (the fictional original, not this site, of course).
love,
THO

Thanx!!!
I love how Ed doesnt just answer yes, no, maybe. He goes the extra mile and adds in all sorts of details. Often times reading an answer to one question answers several others, and raises even more to boot!

And I didnt realize it was Ed's birthday, yes Happy belated Birthday!!

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  12:33:22  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
I make The_Silversword's words mine, send my best wishes to Ed. Nice that he spent his birthday with family, friends, cake, cat and a short story!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  02:31:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all!
I bring some Ed comments re. this, from ziresta: "In "A Dance In Storm's Garden," Elminster says, "I mate with dragons -- suitably shapechanged, of course -- and live to rue that whim." I find myself horribly curious about this. Not the mating itself, mind, the rueing of it. What happened?"
Here's Ed:

Hi, ziresta. I'm afraid NDAs prevent me from giving you a proper reply, but suffice it to say that Elminster DID mate with more than one shapechanged dragon (unaware of the true nature of his lover), mated at least once with a dragon when he did know his partner was a dragon in human form, and at least once himself took dragon form to mate with a dragon in dragonshape. The reasons for his doing so are covered by the NDA, but the "rueing" involves certain resulting offspring, and the lives they have thus far led. More than that, I can't yet say (thanks to many a dread NDA!).
However, this is a tale I certainly hope gets told eventually!

So saith Ed. Who is looking forward to GenCon and seeing many of his gaming friends (and making new ones!) again . . .
Me, I will make my usual attempt to attend, but I doubt it'll be successful. My bosses are "on to me" now, check the con dates each year, and assign me to something that's firmly elsewhere. It's as if they hate gamers having fun get-togethers.
Hate . . . or FEAR . . . hmm, that might be it . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  05:53:18  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
Might I ask if the song dragon listed and named in Elmister's daughter was one of those dragons that he did know was a dragon????

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  10:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
I honestly had no idea I missed Mr. Greenwood's birthday! Please pass along a belated birthday wish from me to him, if you would.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2011 :  17:21:34  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Birthday wishes conveyed tgo Ed, who received them with a gracious: "Thank you. Yep, I'm a year older. Probably not a year wiser, though. Shall try again for that next year. ;} "
Now for a little Realmslore. Back on page 2 of this thread createvmind asked (in part; Ed WILL get to the other queries in that post, in time): " I assume the hags have hag eyes spread throughout the area and in minions to keep aware of events yes? Attempting to build anything resembling a town would be allowed with the Hags attempting to manipulate or would they oppose it without drawing attention to themselves?
Who is most powerful hag in region and why?
I assume that adventurers would have to gain knowledge of ALL the coveys and strike at them all at once to have a chance of excising the hags from this region, yes? Where do the hags go to procreate, Dagger Ford or the settlements along the Trade Way?"
Ed replies:

Hi, createvmind! Yes, you assume rightly: many hag eyes throughout the region. The hags would not resist developments of towns, expansions of existing settlements, but would indeed try to manipulate things so those loyal to them end up enriched and in important positions of authority.
Striking at all coveys at once or in swift succession is pretty much the only likely way of exterminating all the hags, yes. Unlikely to succeed, of course, which is why destroying individual hags or just a few linked ones is what's happened thus far. The hags procreate in settlements along the Trade Way, choosing widely, rather than all favoring one locale.
Hope this helps; more when I can.

So saith Ed. Who is (as usual) VERY busy right now . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2011 :  17:38:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring another snippet of Realmslore from Ed, this time in response to Matt James, who back on page 16 of this thread asked about military axioms/sayings of the Realms. I and then Ed gave a few back then, but here are some more, from Ed:

• The best attack is not the mightiest, but the one that strikes when the time is right.

• The cost of war is ALWAYS too high. Consider when the cost of not going to war gets higher.

• Die not for the throne. Make the throne's foe die instead.

• Sharp swords speak louder than pretty words.

• We all die, but make every warrior's death count.

• Tales of glory change with each telling, but graves are forever.

• Fight for good reason only; deathless causes share a habit of dying.

• I fight for friends, family, and hearth, not flag.

• A banner is only a strip of cloth, a map is only a scrap of hide. Victories are won and held in hearts and minds.

So saith Ed. Who's looking forward to seeing you at GenCon, Matt! Realms forever!!! (And there are battles coming in the Realms, Ed hints darkly. But smilingly.)
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2011 :  06:25:01  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Thank you,

Hags rule!!
Go to Top of Page

A Publishing Lackey
Seeker

74 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  03:20:11  Show Profile  Visit A Publishing Lackey's Homepage Send A Publishing Lackey a Private Message
Ed,
Distributed your stories to the kids today.
You made some young readers VERY happy. Thank you.
I wish you could have seen their faces.
You are a prince among authors, and stand tall among men.
I'll try to swing by GenCon and see you, if only for a moment given your usual crazy schedule.
(If I can, I'll bring beer.)
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  03:23:58  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
Spin A Yarn? That is, last year's story . . . do you know when we can expect it up on the Wizards website?
BH
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  03:25:07  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Very, very soon, Ed believes. He handed it to Wizards near the end of June.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  17:11:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Ed departs for GenCon tomorrow, and I shall probably fall e-silent in my usual quest to sneak away fromy my day job to visit the convention (if only fleetingly - - wish me luck!), but in the meantime, some more Realmslore . . .
This is in response to a query from Dennis on page 6 of this thread for any lore Ed could provide for a list of archwizards/arcanists from lost Netheril.
Ed has been doing the NDA dance, and come up with these tidbits (that he can share, from his notes), thus far:

Halavar, Daedren Cheverandrus (“Chever,” and that’s pronounced “Shev-vur,” BTW) and Algult Laquantoule (“Quantoul”) are all definitely still alive, and Ed provided a little more about two other Netherese archwizards:

“Lucke” is Mael Tantarmalucke, a sarcastic, restless dabbler in all sorts of magics; a brilliant but unbalanced individual whose life was a series of schemes and adventures. A dangerous foe who “ALWAYS got more than even,” returning from death to life several times through pre-prepared magical means to settle scores with his slayers and other foes. Whimsical and sometimes generous and helpful—and curious to a fault, always craving new experiences (including taking on various beast shapes to have carnal experiences with real creatures of the shaoes he took). Slain several times, and finally disappeared - - thoughit's unknown if he was destroyed, went into hiding or a new life under a new name and in a new shape, or departed the Realms for other planes/worlds.

“Volhm” is Anvolhm Anhaerad, a quiet, polite, rather withdrawn individual intensely interested in weather magic and in breeding/augmenting insects, and in magics concerned with humans temporarily taking insectoid form or acquiring insectoid “growths” (compound eyes, “feelers” [antennae], mandibles, etc.). Believed to be still alive, but hiding (for centuries, now, his life self-prolonged magically) in insect form.

So saith Ed. Only a tiny bit, but a beginning.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  03:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Dear Ed,
Looking forward to seeing you at GenCon.
It sincerely is the highlight of the con for me, every year. Mr. Gygax is gone, Mr. Arneson is gone, but you are still with us, year after year, with your smiles and hugs and good wishes and being delighted to see me (one of what must be hundreds of people you meet every GenCon.
Dispensing Realmslore right off the top of your head. I really, really hope Wizards appreciates you for the treasure you are.
Safe trip, and see you there!
(I will have Realms questions. )
BA
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  04:34:27  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Ed obviously I would love details but if not that's ok, simple question, have arcane or divine wielders ever managed to put their soul/spirit in a construct and still maintain their spell casting abilities and ability to progress in magic??
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  17:22:57  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message
Hope you're having fun at GenCon, and that THO can sneak over for a couple games and/or meetings and whatnot.

Here's another odd question, inspired by the boobage discussion in Elaine C's question thread: do the Realms have bras, and bra-fitters? Since the Realms are more progressive on womens' issues generally, I can't imagine that talented sorceresses, inventors, and fashionistas of the Realms are all still wearing corsets or going topside-free (without support). Maybe there are also undergarments with *cough* magical support, or something similar to mundane bras, that serve is similar ways as a jog-bra (except in combat)? I can imagine corsets being popular only as a fashion-demand in certain social circles, or as a go-to device for tavern wenches... but not for all or most of the Realms ladies.

So what -do- the women of the Realms wear underneath their chemises, their chainmail shirts, and fitted platemail? And are they pretty and made with lace?

And are there fashion stores in Waterdeep or other large cities that deal specifically with ladies' undergarments, where their men hold shopping bags while they engage in numerous fittings?

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Eltheron on 03 Aug 2011 17:24:56
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2011 :  06:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message
First may I say THO, please pass on my complete satisfaction with Bury Elminster Deep to Ed. It was absolutely worth the wait. Without giving away any spoilers, I'll just say he definitely pulled the veil back on some Realms lore that was extremely exciting to finally know . My question also without giving anything away might seem like a small one, but I was curious about a certain cowled figure that appeared briefly in the latter stages of the book to collect rather grisly "items". Will this figure turn up in Elminster Enraged and how major of a player will he/she/it be?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000