Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  20:04:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
@kajehase: {cough} The threat from the Sea series {cough}

The events were even mentioned in the novel The City of Splendors by Elaine and Ed. I can't recall the exact text, but it was along the lines of "they are still rebuilding/recovering from the Sahuagin attacks."

That seems like the PERFECT setup right there.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  21:02:30  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:

The Hooded One wrote:
Succint and very good outline from Ed

Thanks a lot Ed. Just what I was looking for.

Markustay: Excellent suggestion, only it's set 4 or 5 years too early for what I'm planning. It's also a nice possible threat to keep hinting about to players who think they're in the know.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  22:03:38  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Azuth

Having read most of the published Realms novels, and all authored by Ed, I can't seem to find a source as to how Sylun� became "The Witch of Shadowdale." Was this outlined in a magazine article or some other form of print that I missed?

On this matter, there was some background lore to be found in Elaine Cunningham's book, Windwalker, the third in the Starlight and Shadows Trilogy. Sylune received magical training from the Witches of Rashemen in her travels east. In the book, the witches refer to Sylune as a "witch" so she might have earned the rank of "hathran", but the book makes clear that as an outsider she was privy to only some of their secrets and privileges of membership. While in Rashemen, Sylune wore a mask of disguise, but its unclear whether she earned it, or was assigned it out of necessity, being an outsider sorceress.

I'm not sure where Ed's lore on Sylune ends, and Elaine's lore on Sylune picks up as a springboard for Liriel's adventures in Rashemen.

However, a question still remains for Ed as to who gave her the title "Witch of Shadowdale": was it a title she claimed, or did another bestow it on her? Or in the Dales is any powerful, mysterious, solitary female mage called by commonfolk a "witch"?
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  22:10:42  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message
While looking into the info on Sylune in the message above, I came across a Wikipedia entry for Sylune's husband Lord Aumry, stating that he was an Obarskyr.

There was a Candlekeep entry by Eric L. Boyd revealing his surprise when Ed confirmed it for him. Fellow scribes and THO, was there any further detail on where Aumry fell on the Obarskyr family tree?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  23:14:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Aysen

However, a question still remains for Ed as to who gave her the title "Witch of Shadowdale": was it a title she claimed, or did another bestow it on her? Or in the Dales is any powerful, mysterious, solitary female mage called by commonfolk a "witch"?

The title came from the Zhents. However, she deliberately misheard what they actually called her.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  23:27:50  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Awww ok :) Bit, if this isn't NDA, Does Ed know or can tell us on the current situation of the Ruar-Tel-Quessir (Star Elf to all you peope who don't k now what that mea, though I doubt anyone on here doesn't XD)? The only thing anybody knows of them right now is that Sildeyuir merged with the Feywild. Oh, and doesn't everyonthink that it would be awesoke if we had an FR Eladrin sourcebook?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  00:02:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The title came from the Zhents. However, she deliberately misheard what they actually called her.

No, no... it was one of her Seven Sisters.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  00:19:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

One of the Seven Sisters has seven sisters? How does that math work out?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  00:43:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

One of the Seven Sisters has seven sisters? How does that math work out?

Didn't you read Crisis on Infinite Torils?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  02:28:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Very good, guys, and as it happens, close to the truth.
Sylune's "Witch of Shadowdale" title has nothing to do with her time in Rashemen; it was bestowed on her by Zhents seeking to turn the people against her/make others hate, fear, and shun her/discredit her in the regard of those in Deepingdale and Sembia who'd heard of her helping ways and begun to come seeking her in a steady stream.
After Lord Aumry was dead and Jyordhan was installed as Lord, Zhent attempts were made to destroy or oust both Sylune and Storm from Shadowdale (so the dale could fall fully under their sway, and become one more link in their overland trade route chain). These attempts backfired; not only did neither Sylune nor Storm budge, but they got Khelben interested in the dale (as we saw briefly in Ed's Knights trilogy), and convinced Elminster to not just maintain an occasionally-visited residence there, but settle in Shadowdale and spend a lot of time strolling about, observing things . . . and doing things about the things he saw that he disliked. All of which in turn meant that Shadowdale tended to be a-crawl with Harpers, and a frequent destination for passing Chosen.
(All of this comes from Ed's notes, discussions with Ed, and years of play in the 'home' Realms campaign.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  02:38:13  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message
Thanks for the info, THO. Are there books that discuss her battle with the dragon or other published works? Also, what type of being would Syluné be described as? A ghost? Spectral being? Aside from the story in Silverfall I know very little of her and what she can and cannot do. I don't want Ed to reveal anything covered under an NDA, or spoil a forthcoming novel, but if there's past history or details that he might add, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers,

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of all Spells

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Very good, guys, and as it happens, close to the truth.
Sylune's "Witch of Shadowdale" title has nothing to do with her time in Rashemen...they got Khelben interested in the dale (as we saw briefly in Ed's Knights trilogy), and convinced Elminster to not just maintain an occasionally-visited residence there, but settle in Shadowdale ...THO

Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  02:38:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, Ed says he'd be happy to have a stab at naming and identifying those villages, if you direct us to the maps via links.
althen artren, regarding your "when was the last time the Old Meddler nearly had
his timecard punched in a one-on-one spelll duel?" query, Ed replies that identifying the "last time" depends on when "now" is, for you. As in, a Realms date (pre-Spellplague?) Year of the Ageless One or later? Let us know, and he'll have a stab at that question, too.
Oh, and Matt? He says a hearty "Hi!" right back to you (all), and offers off the top of his head one Realms "war wisdom" quote, this one from Rethril Rundsaer, a long-ago veteran war leader in Tethyr: "To wait for the best conditions to attack is to die of either old age or under an enemy onslaught while encamped and preparing."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  02:39:10  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well Again

I have a question about wands (and staffs I suppose), inspired by watching Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom with my daughetr earlier today .

I was wondering if an enterprising wizard had ever hit on the idea of growing and shaping the right trees that make good wands and staffs for selling to other wizards and priests for crafting? That is lots of plant pots with cuttings growing very straight 'twigs' that are constantly being pruned to make a nice growing wand?

Just a random question for today

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  02:50:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Oh, yes, Damian, that's one I can answer myself, right off the top of my head, with a "Yes."
Being as we Knights once briefly hid in a hedge-walled back garden in Everlund that was set up to do just that.
The proprietress was the wealthy retired Waterdhavian merchant's widow Evranseea Arklingstride, a truly formidable woman. (Think a female version of Alistair Sim as Scrooge, pre-spirits, in the famous movie version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL.)
Oh, and come to think of it, apropos of some of the discussions going on at the Keep currently, she was an openly lesbian Realms character, devoted to the six or seven women of various (but all younger than her) ages she dwelt with. Despite her usually surly manner, they were all devoted to her, too; she saved her poison for almost everyone ELSE she met. (She was quite taken with Sharantyr and Illistyl, however.)
Hmm; that's probably why she's never even been mentioned in printed Realmslore.
I seem to recall her complaining about "imitators competing with her" in Amn, which argues she wasn't the only one to cultivate such a "wand garden" (or "wand farm," if you prefer).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  03:03:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Azuth, Sylune's later wraithlike undead form, a "Spectral Harpist," was detailed in the 2e CODE OF THE HARPERS sourcebook, and a brief account of her death (she broke her staff to unleash a retributive strike, and take down dragons, out of a flight of dragons) appeared in the DM's SOURCEBOOK OF THE REALMS in the original Realms boxed set (FR0, or "the Old Gray Box") and was very briefly reprised in FR7 HALL OF HEROES.
And yes, there's more yet to be revealed about Sylune.
OH, yes . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  03:18:13  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
Oh, yes, Damian, that's one I can answer myself, right off the top of my head, with a "Yes."
Being as we Knights once briefly hid in a hedge-walled back garden in Everlund that was set up to do just that.
The proprietress was the wealthy retired Waterdhavian merchant's widow Evranseea Arklingstride, a truly formidable woman. (Think a female version of Alistair Sim as Scrooge, pre-spirits, in the famous movie version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL.)

Excellent, thank you very much with a great description of her personality and demeanour, (though I am now seeing her dressing as Alistair Sim looked in St. Trinians as the headmistress )

Would I assume that her garden was well protected with roaming beasts and/or spellwards to keep out the casual thieves hoping to make off with her valuable produce? (not that I am suggesting all the Knights were casual thieves, maybe just one or three of them )

Cheers

Damian
who has yet to spring the singing Gnome from Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom on his players yet......

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 19 Feb 2011 03:21:06
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  03:29:37  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. No, her garden was unguarded . . . at least it was before we Knights dropped in. I imagine she "took steps" to prevent receiving any other unexpected and unwelcome visitors.
As I recall, in the St. Trinians movie Sim's garments were dark and ankle-length. Banish all thoughts of ankle-length anything when you envisage Arklingstride. See instead: Waterdhavian sea-breeches and floppy boots like Mirt's, with a half-thigh-length tunic worn over them.
I still shudder at the memory of her approaching bellows . . . (vocal sounds, that is, not the, er, callimastian breasts and the reverberating lungs beneath them).
Ahem.
Sheesh, as Ed would say.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  03:30:48  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello AGAIN, fellow scribes. I bring an official Realmslore answer or two from Ed, this time in response to Alisttair’s recent training queries: “Oh great Greenwood, a question for thee:
We know a lot of the strong, muscled people in the realms achieve their musculature through intense battle training or working the forge and other such things mostly. I was wondering if they do any resistance training like we do in the real world? Bench presses, barbell and dumbell curls, etc... is any of this done for muscle building?”
Ed replies:

Heh. Haven’t heard “Great Greenwood” since a certain young lady knelt to worship me at a convention. She quite embarrassed her parents, as I recall. :}
To answer you: Sure.
The apparatus used in our modern real world is unheard-of in the Realms, though. Training in the Sword Coast lands and Heartlands tends to be either “Lifting the Log” (pick up and carry heavy lengths of log, for set distances in short times), or the “armor on shield” carry (pile armor on a large shield, carry the whole lot at a trot somewhere), and pulling a plough (plow, to our American scribes; the simple single-furrow sort).
Most folk seeking to build strength chop wood or work the forge (plying the bellows of a forge or hearth, as well as swinging the hammer). Only the most idle monied urban sorts tend to indulge in exercise that doesn’t have a practical daily use.
Hoondatha is correct in saying many dwarves lift weights to build strength, particularly as younglings (protecting themselves from injury by working on levers, so that the weights can’t fall on them). Unsurprisingly, they lift stone (uniform-volume blocks of stone, assembled so as to “make up” known amounts of weights).
And Markustay is right on in suggesting the “lift a calf every day” training regimen, used by many in the Realms as well as in our own real world in olden times (and in some areas even today; young lads being trained to be shepherds carry sheep daily as they grow to adulthood, so they’ll have some hope of carrying a sheep that’s broken a leg to where it can be tended in shelter).

Alisttair also posed a followup query: “Further to my last question, are there anabolic steroids in the realms? Would they mostly be prevalent among gladiators, or in Maztica, those who play the Ball Game?
Mechanically I imagine it would give some kind of Strength bonus, or Constitution/Endurance bonuses, with moderate adiction and overdose causing some kind of permanent HP loss perhaps.”
Ed replies:

No, there aren’t any known steroids per se, nor are there laws or rules or sanctions against athletes using herbs and “physics” (drugs), which in the Realms come in a bewildering variety for athletes (thanks to generations of miners, farmers, woodcutters, rowers, and soldiers needing to train and strengthen replacements/assistants), and tend to be of three useful-to-athletes sorts: painkillers, muscle relaxants, and water retention or purgative “remedies.”

So saith Ed, and there you have it: athletic training for Faerûnians. (Aside from running, long-distance snow races, and sex, of course.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  04:38:01  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
All those gold pieces get quite heavy, too. Surprising how many PCs neglect the encumbrance of their massive wealth.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  07:59:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I always thought Boomgarden should have grown wand-wood. Then again, those outfits of hers do... never mind.

Thanks THO and Ed - I will upload the maps somewhere tomorrow, with the super-imposed version as well (so everyone can see how I arrived at the names for the others).

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Markustay: Excellent suggestion, only it's set 4 or 5 years too early for what I'm planning. It's also a nice possible threat to keep hinting about to players who think they're in the know.
Rule Zero.

You are THE DM - things happen when YOU want them to.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Feb 2011 08:02:24
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  08:29:27  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

You are THE DM - things happen when YOU want them to.

Rule -1: Changing the established timeline means extra work.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 19 Feb 2011 08:29:52
Go to Top of Page

wakaman
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  14:00:36  Show Profile  Visit wakaman's Homepage Send wakaman a Private Message
Hi again,

I'm really sorry to bombard Ed with questions constantly (especially when every question I pose seems to be a difficult one to answer! haha), but I've been trying to really understand how the FR setting is put together as a whole, and have encountered two major questions:

1. What were the "heavenly bodies" that Shar and Selune created? are they the planets and stars of Realmspace, which include the planet on which Toril was created?

2. Did the Inner and Outer planes exist prior to the creation of Realmspace by Ao, were they created concomitantly with it, or did Selune and Shar (or perhaps the primordials) create those planes themselves? If they were not created by Selune and Shar or the primordials, were they created by Ao, or by something or someone else?

I've searched Faiths and Pantheons, the various Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting books and the Player's Guide to Faerun books and also Magic of Faerun (all of which contain information about creation), but couldn't really find an answer.

Thank you for your reply up front!

wakaman.
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  00:07:50  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message
I don't recall where I read it, but Ao willed himself into existence, and created Selûne and Shar. They created Chauntea and somehow in a battle, they created the Weave (and Mystral) through their essence. That's all I recall reading, although I'm certain that Ed has a different spin on it, and I wish I remembered where I read that information so I could verify its accuracy. I don't recall any mention of other planets being created, but I wasn't much into Spelljamming.

That's what I recall, FWIW.

Lord of All Spells

quote:
Originally posted by wakaman

Hi again,

I'm really sorry to bombard Ed with questions constantly (especially when every question I pose seems to be a difficult one to answer! haha), but I've been trying to really understand how the FR setting is put together as a whole, and have encountered two major questions:

1. What were the "heavenly bodies" that Shar and Selune created? are they the planets and stars of Realmspace, which include the planet on which Toril was created?

2. Did the Inner and Outer planes exist prior to the creation of Realmspace by Ao, were they created concomitantly with it, or did Selune and Shar (or perhaps the primordials) create those planes themselves? If they were not created by Selune and Shar or the primordials, were they created by Ao, or by something or someone else?

I've searched Faiths and Pantheons, the various Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting books and the Player's Guide to Faerun books and also Magic of Faerun (all of which contain information about creation), but couldn't really find an answer.

Thank you for your reply up front!

wakaman.

Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  00:27:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Okay, took me awhile to re-do this. I did this once before and didn't bother to save (gods only know why). HERE is the map Mike Shley did for WotC and Brian's Cormyr article (and that link is to the map as posted by Mr. Shley himself, so I ain't violatin' nuthin!) THIS is the badly-drawn map from issue #80 of Dungeon Magazine. On this map I have superimposed the mag map over a section of the Cormyr map (with a bit of 'smooshing' N-to-S).

Although The Neck is poorly represented, we have to remember the maps changed a great deal from 1e-4e, and that map is also supposed to have been quickly drawn by an NPC for the PCs during the adventure (so its not supposed to be a fine piece of artwork, nor super accurate). The coast itself is horrendous (and the southern one is so off to the west I'm ignoring it), but we can clearly see several things that work out. Obviously the first two (land) sites of attack were directly across from each in the smallest part of The Neck, which coincides nicely with Accardi and Dawngleam. Dawngleam obviously survived and rebuilt.

We can also see that Blustitch was the final site of attack; the one from which the Blue sails chased the Ebil Gnome (which is why it too remains intact). Although Kirinwood lined-up near perfectly, it is not on the coast. We could say it used to be on the coast (the coast has changed), but that's really fudging it. Better to just say there is another tiny settlement just south of Kirinwood (which makes some sense looking at the map - a crossroads comes out near there).

The other 'unknown lost village' is almost directly south of Dreamer's Rock... which also happened to line-up nicely before I smooshed the game map. once again, the map is badly drawn and the coast is nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's a nice empty (coastal) area for another tiny thorp.

Just names would be fine, but if you had a little something about them that would be pretty cool too. the other oddity is Smuggler's Stone, which didn't line-up with anything, and was apparently missed by the angry gnome (which does make sense, given it's partially hidden nature).

EDIT: ACK! I almost forgot the most important map - HERE is the final map, the one I will place the names on (for now). That is how I see the sites from the dungeon magazine adventure falling out, and you can clearly see the two locales I need names for.

@THO - no dice on that dwarven ruin in or around the Nether Mts, eh? You mentioned it when I was asking about dwarven words awhile back, and I was hoping you may have had something more in your notes. I'm dying to finish my Nentir Vale/FR conversion map, and I'd like something a bit canon for the Moria-like tunnel I had to come up with (so that the conversion made sense, and also it adds a bit of the 'kewl factor' to the region). If not, no big - I could always change it later.
quote:
Originally posted by wakaman

Accent mine. I beleive you meant 'Faerûn' - Toril is the planet (its a bit more complicated then that these days, but that's the quick answer).

As for the rest of your questions, the answer is...... "it depends". Depends on the edition you prefer, and weather you accept the 'greater D&D cosmology', which includes Planescape and Spelljammer. If you are a one-world kind of guy you still get to choose your edition, but if you are a Planscape/Great Wheel aficionado then the answer should be that the outer planes (at least some of them) preceded the Prime Material (the gods had to live somewhere, you know).

We also have varying definitions of both planes and gods, so the answer could also be... 'its complicated'.

I truly doubt Ed can give you a canon, published Realms answer (the dreaded NDA monster), but he may be able to shed some light on how he envisioned the planes originally in his 'home Realms' game. If so, I am sure we'd all enjoy that.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Feb 2011 00:35:09
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  03:19:53  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message
Who or what is the Necrognome? Please, tell me more.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  06:03:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
That's my pet-name for a nasty little miscreant with a Napolean complex.

Who just happens to prefer Necromancy magic over illusions.

The full adventure is in dungeon #80. Its a bit eclectic, but I like the Steampunk feel of it - there is a paddlewheeler that is the main center of the encounter (which makes sense, considering the protagonist is a Gnome).

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  13:13:54  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

That's my pet-name for a nasty little miscreant with a Napolean complex.

Who just happens to prefer Necromancy magic over illusions.

The full adventure is in dungeon #80. Its a bit eclectic, but I like the Steampunk feel of it - there is a paddlewheeler that is the main center of the encounter (which makes sense, considering the protagonist is a Gnome).

Didn't he write the Necro-Gnome-icon?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2011 :  19:14:12  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello,

Ed exactly what portion of a creature must be within a dead magic area for area to affect its abilities, magic worn items and such?
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  02:43:08  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
I haven't advanced my timeline past 1377 DR, since that's the Srinshee return
with the Kingblade in Myth Drannor. So anything before 1375 DR I guess would
be what I would appreciate most. I just want a good Ed story, I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  03:20:39  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
I'm having a bit of trouble writing a canon FR story. It is about a Drow House in Menzoberranzan, third House to bexact. They secretly worship a deity thay isn't Lolth. So far, I've wanted that deity to be Shar, but many people tell me that she conflicts with the feelings of family love and romantic love thay House Zanzifae approves and partakes of. I chose her as se is a dark goddess, but apparently she's into entropy and dwstruction (whixch Zanzifae dissaproves of as they are generally a neutral House). If the great and holy Ed of the Greenwood could help me with my struggle, I would forfeit my to him. Maube je could change Shar just a little? (Like thay would ever happen) ll, or he could list me some deites who are but nt inherently evil. House Zanzifae is a House that believes in love, loyalty, and workmg together. They are known as The Vengeful House ad aways repay every slight on knd. They are aso merciless to the enemes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000