Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dakspur - city of 1.000 + Beholders....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  16:00:23  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Also, the above mentioned city wouldbe greatly interesting to follow up.

From my mere understandings, this city was ruled by the phaerimm through trickery.
But what has happened to this city and their uncounted numbers of Beholder-slaves after the prison of the master race broke?

I do think that with a force of 1.000+ Beholders at hand, their true masters could and WOULD have wreaked Havoc in the surrounding lands...

Quite frightening of thinking of a force this strong in todays realms.

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  16:10:23  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know anything about Dakspur, but I'm now officially just as eager as the OP to learn what anyone else may know about it (what books it's in, etc...).

Edited by - Mr_Miscellany on 02 Dec 2010 16:13:32
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  16:18:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is this city mentioned? Which book?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  16:20:00  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is in elminster's ecologies, on page 24 in the "underdark of anauroch" 2

neever saw anything about the city in an yother sourcebook - though I for sure do not know all of them.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  11:04:37  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a similar force did attack Evereska

check Xun-Qoroth in DDGttU, I think that the conflict with Ooltul got them occupied
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  19:15:03  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you are right, but in DDGTTU the city itself is not named.

Although I was amused to read that the triumvirat killed seemingly over 800 Beholders....
But that is a different story.

I was looking for some more evidence of the city, or a clear hint what has happened to it.

Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  21:00:37  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
almost sure that is all, the rest is left to the dm

maybe the Anauroch adventure has something about the phaerimm, but that is a book I avoid
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  15:06:49  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
too sad that there is no more information available to what happened to the city.

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  05:04:37  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First - EE, Anauroch has the city named Dakspar - slightly different spelling. Maybe that will help people look for it.

Given it's location: beneath the Dragon's Back Peaks in the Plain of Standing Stones, Dakspar is NOT any of the cities mentioned in DDGTTU.

I do think it would be a reasonable assumption that the beholders of Dakspar were the ones used in the war against Evereska, in which case the city would be drastically weakened at least.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  06:03:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A city of a thousand beholders... That's 11,000 eyes, 1,000 of which are very large. Can you imagine how much of a killing you'd make selling Visine there?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  06:27:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They should call it the City of 1,000 Charms. It just sounds more romantic that way, helps attract meals tourists.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000