Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ugliest in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  08:33:32  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'va already askes about beautiful people, so here is the next question. Who is the ugliest living person (I'm not talking about undead, monsters and animals) in the Realms?

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  08:37:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Manshoon. He's a cockroach turned to man, or vice-versa.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  09:04:44  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster. That old dude maybe is charismatic but his gray scalp and wrinkled skin is just unattractive for me.

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

jaelin910
Acolyte

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  09:24:58  Show Profile Send jaelin910 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if elminster is ugly its because he chooses to be. he can change his appearance (virtually?)at will remember
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  09:52:36  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true. But he can't fool my eyes with constant True Seeing as a supernatural ability.

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  15:52:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main character in Faces of Deception is, as I recall, most unpleasant to look upon. I don't recall the guy's name, though -- I hated the book, and haven't read it in a long time.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  16:11:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I've ever deemed anyone in the Realms as "ugly." In fact, I've gone on record -- over on the Wizards boards -- for saying that I found even the image of Aumvor the Undying from Champions of Ruin somewhat appealing. Seriously.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  17:02:54  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote

it's that bald queen of Impiltur

honorable mentions

Tanta Hagara
Aumvor the Undying
Arthagus
Galaeron Nihmedu
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  17:14:48  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Aumvor the Undying. Disgustingly fat, repulsive freak of nature right there.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Acolyte Thirteen
Seeker

93 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  17:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Acolyte Thirteen's Homepage Send Acolyte Thirteen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, existentially I would say Elminster and Storm, as of the events in "Elminster Must Die!". But physically, maybe Riven, Second Chosen of Mask? Those teeth of his are GNARLY!!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2010 :  15:51:39  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady Polaris, when she got extremely fat, looked really hideous. Far more disgusting than the oil-smeared face of Samas, the Zulkir of Gluttony.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  00:14:08  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the creatures dredged up in the mind of Richard Lee Byers in the Haunted Lands trilogy. I almost had to put the books down a couple of times after reading some of the descriptions of the undead. The story was too good however, and I kept going back for more. Some pretty ugly folks going on in there.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  03:15:49  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Xingax being the prime example. But the OP mentioned living person, NOT UNDEAD, monsters, nor animals.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  06:40:44  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, Well, for being hit with the ugly tree (A stick is just not big enough) I'd say Obould is a great candidate for "Fugly Dude of the Year". He's an orc, for heaven's sake- a race KNOWN for being ugly and smelly. Aaand he's bigger and hairier than most. And has that whole "Chosen of Gruumsh" thing going. Not a guy I'd want to be seen with on a date- or ANYWHERE!! How did he get kids, again?! Oh yeah, right. They're ALL fugly!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  07:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Hmm, Well, for being hit with the ugly tree (A stick is just not big enough) I'd say Obould is a great candidate for "Fugly Dude of the Year". He's an orc, for heaven's sake- a race KNOWN for being ugly and smelly. Aaand he's bigger and hairier than most. And has that whole "Chosen of Gruumsh" thing going. Not a guy I'd want to be seen with on a date- or ANYWHERE!! How did he get kids, again?! Oh yeah, right. They're ALL fugly!

A rat is handsome to a rat, a snake to a snake. By the standards of orcs, Obould is probably sex on legs. Or it could just be women are attracted to power.

As for El, most recent art of him I've seen has him as a dead ringer for Sean Connery, who's been voted as one of the sexist men on the planet well into his 70s. Make of that what you will.

Personally I've found the more recent renditions of Drizzt, specifically the version of him on the cover of The Orc King, to be down right ugly. Then again, that could just be the facial expression.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  03:30:27  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, ugly for Drizzt would be the ORIGINAL cover art pics! He looked old and constipated, lol!! At least Lockwood makes him LOOK like an elf!

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  10:02:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find all the images of Drizzt in the book covers really ugly, at least in those I happened to see.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  16:31:22  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow all look like color-negative photos to me.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  17:13:03  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol, I acutally used that option on a paint program to turn another pic into a portrait of my drow PC. Just switched it from normal to black and white just on the face and hair, and then used the "negative" option to switch the tones. turned out pretty well, IMO.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  18:23:05  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow are beautiful creatures! I'm surprised they are mentioned in this thread.

I imagined Ed and Elaines Lord of Amalgamation, Golskyn from the City of Splendors novel, to be a despiccable sight with all his monstrous grafts.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  03:20:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Golskyn is ugly. But he's hardly a human. His grafts replaced almost all his human parts.

Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  04:13:27  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zass Tam.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  06:00:56  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But he's quite handsome when he wears his illusion.

Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2010 :  23:07:52  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Whisper the half-orc assassin from Pools of Radiance?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  22:10:37  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
its obiously none of the good guys from the novels as there always catwalk models.very very annoying.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  22:42:41  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's far worse when these catwalk hero types constantly ballet against equally revolting catwalk villains *coughDrizztcough* (sorry, ahem, something distasteful stuck in my throat)

Gimme a decent power-insane lich or scummy orc assassin any day.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 14 Nov 2010 22:58:59
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2010 :  04:19:50  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voting for Aumvor. The most abominable freaky lich I ever seen. No wonder he could only use the crown of horns to get himself a woman, lol.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2010 :  22:41:04  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The main character in Faces of Deception is, as I recall, most unpleasant to look upon. I don't recall the guy's name, though -- I hated the book, and haven't read it in a long time.

too right.that was a horrible novel.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000