Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ugliest in the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jelennet Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 08:33:32
I'va already askes about beautiful people, so here is the next question. Who is the ugliest living person (I'm not talking about undead, monsters and animals) in the Realms?
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
swifty Posted - 15 Nov 2010 : 22:41:04
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The main character in Faces of Deception is, as I recall, most unpleasant to look upon. I don't recall the guy's name, though -- I hated the book, and haven't read it in a long time.

too right.that was a horrible novel.
Sill Alias Posted - 15 Nov 2010 : 04:19:50
Voting for Aumvor. The most abominable freaky lich I ever seen. No wonder he could only use the crown of horns to get himself a woman, lol.
Ayrik Posted - 14 Nov 2010 : 22:42:41
I think it's far worse when these catwalk hero types constantly ballet against equally revolting catwalk villains *coughDrizztcough* (sorry, ahem, something distasteful stuck in my throat)

Gimme a decent power-insane lich or scummy orc assassin any day.
swifty Posted - 14 Nov 2010 : 22:10:37
its obiously none of the good guys from the novels as there always catwalk models.very very annoying.
Tamsar Posted - 13 Nov 2010 : 23:07:52
How about Whisper the half-orc assassin from Pools of Radiance?
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 06:00:56
But he's quite handsome when he wears his illusion.
EltonJ Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 04:13:27
Zass Tam.
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 03:20:29
Golskyn is ugly. But he's hardly a human. His grafts replaced almost all his human parts.
Bladewind Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 18:23:05
Drow are beautiful creatures! I'm surprised they are mentioned in this thread.

I imagined Ed and Elaines Lord of Amalgamation, Golskyn from the City of Splendors novel, to be a despiccable sight with all his monstrous grafts.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 17:13:03
Lol, I acutally used that option on a paint program to turn another pic into a portrait of my drow PC. Just switched it from normal to black and white just on the face and hair, and then used the "negative" option to switch the tones. turned out pretty well, IMO.
Ayrik Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 16:31:22
Drow all look like color-negative photos to me.
Dennis Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 10:02:45
I find all the images of Drizzt in the book covers really ugly, at least in those I happened to see.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 03:30:27
No, ugly for Drizzt would be the ORIGINAL cover art pics! He looked old and constipated, lol!! At least Lockwood makes him LOOK like an elf!
Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 07 Nov 2010 : 07:55:22
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Hmm, Well, for being hit with the ugly tree (A stick is just not big enough) I'd say Obould is a great candidate for "Fugly Dude of the Year". He's an orc, for heaven's sake- a race KNOWN for being ugly and smelly. Aaand he's bigger and hairier than most. And has that whole "Chosen of Gruumsh" thing going. Not a guy I'd want to be seen with on a date- or ANYWHERE!! How did he get kids, again?! Oh yeah, right. They're ALL fugly!

A rat is handsome to a rat, a snake to a snake. By the standards of orcs, Obould is probably sex on legs. Or it could just be women are attracted to power.

As for El, most recent art of him I've seen has him as a dead ringer for Sean Connery, who's been voted as one of the sexist men on the planet well into his 70s. Make of that what you will.

Personally I've found the more recent renditions of Drizzt, specifically the version of him on the cover of The Orc King, to be down right ugly. Then again, that could just be the facial expression.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 07 Nov 2010 : 06:40:44
Hmm, Well, for being hit with the ugly tree (A stick is just not big enough) I'd say Obould is a great candidate for "Fugly Dude of the Year". He's an orc, for heaven's sake- a race KNOWN for being ugly and smelly. Aaand he's bigger and hairier than most. And has that whole "Chosen of Gruumsh" thing going. Not a guy I'd want to be seen with on a date- or ANYWHERE!! How did he get kids, again?! Oh yeah, right. They're ALL fugly!
Dennis Posted - 07 Nov 2010 : 03:15:49
Indeed. Xingax being the prime example. But the OP mentioned living person, NOT UNDEAD, monsters, nor animals.
scererar Posted - 07 Nov 2010 : 00:14:08
Some of the creatures dredged up in the mind of Richard Lee Byers in the Haunted Lands trilogy. I almost had to put the books down a couple of times after reading some of the descriptions of the undead. The story was too good however, and I kept going back for more. Some pretty ugly folks going on in there.
Dennis Posted - 06 Nov 2010 : 15:51:39
Lady Polaris, when she got extremely fat, looked really hideous. Far more disgusting than the oil-smeared face of Samas, the Zulkir of Gluttony.
Acolyte Thirteen Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 17:23:54
Well, existentially I would say Elminster and Storm, as of the events in "Elminster Must Die!". But physically, maybe Riven, Second Chosen of Mask? Those teeth of his are GNARLY!!
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 17:14:48
My vote goes to Aumvor the Undying. Disgustingly fat, repulsive freak of nature right there.
Quale Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 17:02:54

it's that bald queen of Impiltur

honorable mentions

Tanta Hagara
Aumvor the Undying
Arthagus
Galaeron Nihmedu
The Sage Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 16:11:13
I don't think I've ever deemed anyone in the Realms as "ugly." In fact, I've gone on record -- over on the Wizards boards -- for saying that I found even the image of Aumvor the Undying from Champions of Ruin somewhat appealing. Seriously.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 15:52:58
The main character in Faces of Deception is, as I recall, most unpleasant to look upon. I don't recall the guy's name, though -- I hated the book, and haven't read it in a long time.
HelldoG Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 09:52:36
That's true. But he can't fool my eyes with constant True Seeing as a supernatural ability.
jaelin910 Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 09:24:58
if elminster is ugly its because he chooses to be. he can change his appearance (virtually?)at will remember
HelldoG Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 09:04:44
Elminster. That old dude maybe is charismatic but his gray scalp and wrinkled skin is just unattractive for me.
Dennis Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 08:37:33

Manshoon. He's a cockroach turned to man, or vice-versa.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000