Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite adventure type
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  02:18:22  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What is your favorite adventure type, a couple examples being dungeon crawl, storyline, and free walk. My favorite is free walk, i like to walk around killing whatever comes into my path, but that's just me.

On a different note I have a question. I'd like to know if there is some sort of pirate/buccaneer prestiege class, if not I'm making one and would take any suggestions you other scribes have to offer, thank you.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  08:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm, I quite like wilderness adventures, especially forest based...but can you really beat a good ol' fashioned dungeon crawl!? Either way, I dont run just one-off adventures, they are always part of an ongoing campaign and always have a good story, and have story links into the next adventure.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  10:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like solving riddles and mysteries. For me it is quite interesting to be a part of political or criminal conspiracy. I like intrigue though. I love to see my character ascending from a pawn to a hero that saves the day one more time. I mean all the role play and fight is only the part the iceberg on the surface. there are many things we have to discover in order to realize what realy is going around

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  03:40:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd probably have to get back to you after I've actually played something . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  03:51:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feanor_Karnil
On a different note I have a question. I'd like to know if there is some sort of pirate/buccaneer prestiege class, if not I'm making one and would take any suggestions you other scribes have to offer, thank you.

Well, there's a Buccaneer PrC over at Community 3e. I don't know if that's what you'd be looking for . . . it's a bit different from most classes. And it's actually for someone who fights on land, and so doesn't have any little bonuses for ships and such.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  05:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like most anything, from dungeon crawl to true roleplaying. On the topic of the PrC, there's the dread pirate inSong and Silence.
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  15:36:32  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the information, I will look into it immediately, but I may still make my own PrC so if ye got any advice, comments, requsts, etc. do post them.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  07:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I like most anything, from dungeon crawl to true roleplaying. On the topic of the PrC, there's the dread pirate inSong and Silence.

That pirate wouldn't happen to be named Roberts, would he?

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

zhentar reborn
Acolyte

34 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  11:55:50  Show Profile  Visit zhentar reborn's Homepage Send zhentar reborn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a full time DM I like to start all my adventurers in a "free walk." Just let the party travel around and get into little adventures (anything from helping a farmer round up his milking cow to finding the local magistrate crucified to a tree outside of town). This is how I hook em into my story-line. Dungeon crawling is usually one of the last chapters of any of my adventures. I guess I like elements of all of them, but dungeon crawling is what I started doing first, so?

Think what you've always thought, and you'll be what you've always been.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  04:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

That pirate wouldn't happen to be named Roberts, would he?

I don't believe so. But then I'm sure you're used to disappointments.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  07:08:26  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite adventure type is one that can focus heavily on the roleplay... Not that a dungeoncrawl is a bad thing, I love a good dungeon romp as much as the next half crazed, gold greedy, treasure hoarding, wenching adveutrer BUT... I have a exceptionally bad luck at the roll-off and my actions usually produce dire consquences..
An example of this:
I was at a bar when my pocket was begining to get picked, upon grabbing these hands I was sacked by their halfing henchman, and in attempt to get a parting shot I attempted to blast one of them from my Ring of the Ram.....
I missed and blew up the bar instead... the Barkeep was an ogre... he and his two brothers decided to teach me a lesson about destruction of property....

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 12 Oct 2003 07:12:37
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:10:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An interesting question...

Certainly, I would have to say that my favorite adventure type is a campaign adventure heavily influenced by all-things planar (suprise, suprise...huh? ). Outsiders have always been one of my favorite creature types, and any adventure that utilises these types is an adventure that I am sure to enjoy.

Of course, the good ol' dungeon crawl has it's moments as well. Sometimes the best thing I enjoy about an adventure is creeping through the gloom looking for an ancient tome of knowledge, or bringing closure to an ancient portal to the Abyss or some such...

Oh well...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  22:46:21  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like a mixture of all types but the i like a diplomatic mission with a good brawl fairly well.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  23:06:19  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zhentar reborn

As a full time DM I like to start all my adventurers in a "free walk." Just let the party travel around and get into little adventures (anything from helping a farmer round up his milking cow to finding the local magistrate crucified to a tree outside of town). This is how I hook em into my story-line. Dungeon crawling is usually one of the last chapters of any of my adventures. I guess I like elements of all of them, but dungeon crawling is what I started doing first, so?

I agree with u zhent, I don't think that dungeon crawl cannot attract my players(all the time) nor me

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Blacksage
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  00:06:56  Show Profile  Visit Blacksage's Homepage Send Blacksage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is something i have heard
from an old sage:

When you look back and say:
"We could make a book(or a film) out of this"
That is a good adventure.

(hey, a little dungeon crawl might be funny sometimes... :))

till the daggers part...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000