Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A quest for info about Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  11:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anybody help me to find some scrolls about Cormyr? Please?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  11:20:02  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok ý m lost a little bit and I need some crusial stuff like cities, burocrasy, favourite deities, terrain . I realy appreciate some help.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  15:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm...if you have the 3e FR Campaign Setting, that would answer most of your questions. Beyond that, the Cormyr supplement would help, in addition to the Cormyr trilogy of novels(Cormyr: A Novel, Beyond the High Road, and Death of the Dragon).
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  18:06:41  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main sources are Volo's Guide to Cormyr (free wizards.com download), and Cormyr: A Novel for the history. (Eric Haddock's Cormyr supplement is mediocre; it has some unique information but doesn't present the place with much Realms vividness.) Lots of other sources fill in other details, as usual.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  22:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help Arivia and Faraer. It is nearly imposible to buy novels about forgotten realms in my country. So that a small info becomes priceless. People even think that frp is for satanists. But nevermind they don't bite unless you hurt them .

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  06:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that topic has been discussed in great detail here. Might I ask what country you are from?

At any rate, the download from the Wizards website is free; all you need is a program that will read .pdf files.

If you need more specific information, probably your best bet is our local Expert On All Things Of The Realms, the Sage of Perth. (Unfortunately, he's rather busy at the moment. Something about "real life," whatever that is . . . .)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

fanatic
Acolyte

Austria
34 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  18:13:06  Show Profile  Visit fanatic's Homepage Send fanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
try the forgotten realms atlas.
there are quite some maps.

even fantasy has it´s limits
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  00:25:15  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I m from Turkey, Bookwyrm. Not a primitive tribe of fanatics but quite amazing things can occur here. A very worried father speaks to media after his son or daughter's friend commits suicide and he declares with his great insight that frp demages young people mentally. then media exadurates( if ý wrote right the word) the whole issue for rating, and that makes the flock follow. it is a temporory situation of course till another young fella drowns in his problems and decides to jump from the top of his apartment. And suddenly this mysterious frp playing satanists are on the front page. even, ý have a friend whose mother begged him to give up frp, she cried and his father forbade ( a typical father son misconnection). interesting but real. do such things happen in other countries?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  00:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have done in the US, not so much in Western Europe. Imagination scares some people.
Go to Top of Page

fanatic
Acolyte

Austria
34 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  12:08:10  Show Profile  Visit fanatic's Homepage Send fanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
read my topic "no regrets" in the "Well met, welcome to the Forums" forum. there is a lot of talk about realms vs. reality.

i can´t decide which is better.
reality without imagination or the big escape fantasy sometimes can provide.

even fantasy has it´s limits
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  13:11:01  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe when reality sucks frp is a safe haven of imagination. a chance to escape from the limited routine of daily life. but for every order independent thoughts are dangereous.when a simple young man starts imagining, to which borders of system, he leads to is indefinite. so imagining about a different world can trigger the desire to live in a world that is only a product of imagination: free and pieceful. that freaks out some people.
but the fact is fearun is not free and pieceful. so they dont have to worry.
but it can be one day !!!

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  15:21:08  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the present situation in Cormyr now? I know that King Azoun died after killing a very powerful dragon. but i couldn't find anything about sufficient history of Cormyr in forgotten realms campaign setting nor in volo's guide to cormyr.
I will be grateful if someone can help me.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  16:34:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

What is the present situation in Cormyr now? I know that King Azoun died after killing a very powerful dragon. but i couldn't find anything about sufficient history of Cormyr in forgotten realms campaign setting nor in volo's guide to cormyr.
I will be grateful if someone can help me.

The Return of the Archwizards series including the Anthology give a glimpse of Cormyr's current situation.

Additionally, the module "Into the Dragon's liar" gives information on post Azoun Cormyr. Finally, the last Dragon annual I believe had an article called "After the Dragon" or something like that. Within it, was a nice summary of Cormyr's state.

Cormyr is in desperate need of a regional sourcebook with the changes that have taken place.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  10:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks SiriusBlack. I hope I can find those sources.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  15:33:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks SiriusBlack. I hope I can find those sources.

No problem and good luck. The Return of the Archwizards series should still be in print. If the books aren't I'm sure Ebay or an Amazon marketplace seller will have them available.

The Dragon adventure might be harder to find given that it was put out in 2000. Moreover, the Annual might be even harder if Paizo has run out of stock.

Let those on the board know if you have any problems. Many posters know some good resources and ways to obtain the desired items.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  17:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes you are right it can be useful for me. do you think amazon is secure? have you heard any problems? am ý to paranoid?
And one thing where does this gigantic dragon come from which caused azoun's death (i don't know his name) and what is a ghazneth?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  20:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this one is last question about this topic. Are there any elven comunities and if there are where they are, if there isn't how are the elves welcomed in cormyr?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  02:27:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes you are right it can be useful for me. do you think amazon is secure? have you heard any problems? am ý to paranoid?

I've never had any problems with Amazon in shipping, ordering, or returning an item. I wish I could say the same thing about other gaming product dealers online.
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  05:21:48  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may have some information that could be helpful. Post your e-mail address here on this forum and I'll send it to you. Be warned, it is a large file.

- The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  11:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swordsage

I may have some information that could be helpful. Post your e-mail address here on this forum and I'll send it to you. Be warned, it is a large file.

- The Swordsage

cbasaran@ku.edu.tr is my e-mail, Swordsage. I hope it will be useful. thank you.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  15:42:07  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I may have some information that could be helpful. Post your e-mail address here on this forum and I'll send it to you. Be warned, it is a large file.- The Swordsage

Good job Swordsage. I knew such a file(s) was out out there to help Jander. I just apparently didn't save it when I came across it since I have access via other means to such information. Thanks for helping Jander out.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  00:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

- The Swordsage

It was useful, man. Thanks. I m sorry I didn't write this but I wasn't able to reach my mail because of some problems.I had your mail now and thanks. I will protect u from zhent or red wizard agents here(If u are not one, ýf you r ,ý have dept to pay, I hope I wont find the oppotuanity to find one)

Hey that was my 100 congretulate myself

-Jander Sunstar

Edited by - Jander Sunstar on 16 Oct 2003 00:36:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000